bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 12, 12 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ginny46 on Feb 12, 12 4:37 AM
When I entered the back part of the town, all I get is a white screen. Seems like all the other places are fine except that one section. Anyone else having the same problem?

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dmhetman on Feb 12, 12 5:01 AM
game loaded fast, created player....BOOM! Access violation...and kicked out...no play..no buy from me...

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 12, 12 5:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I was wading by and saw that some fishies are having trouble getting the game to display. The first thing I would recommend doing, is checking out out the Help Pages.

To ginny46, I think the following article will be best for your issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

To dmhetman, to resolve an Access Violation error message, please take a look at the following article:

Access Violation

Of course, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/12/2012 at 5:38:11 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 12, 12 8:22 AM
Am I the only one having trouble with the guide opening. I click on guide and nothing happens.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Feb 12, 12 8:46 AM
Nope, I'm having trouble opening the guide, too.

ETA: Apparently, the guide was disabled for the demo.

Edited on 02/12/2012 at 9:45:00 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 12, 12 8:59 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Evidently the developers don't want us to see the guide unless we buy it first. How mean!! Guess I will wait for the SE game to come out since I cannot see if I like their guide. It is a nice game otherwise.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Feb 12, 12 10:00 AM
I had great difficulty exiting some of the pop-ups after completing an activity. Example after extracting the diamond from the ring in one scene I could not leave the scene after clicking repeatedly on the close button. After rapid clicking for about 30 times the pop-up finally closed. This happened 3 times. I finally just stopped playing and deleted the game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 12, 12 10:40 AM
I had quite a lot of trouble with the very beginning of the game (the story)...the arrow to continue wouldn't work, had to wait a long time after scene loaded for the next one. It eventually got to the first page and went OK from there.

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Feb 12, 12 11:32 AM
Hello Im having trouble with a wandering cursor its not back but it is getting annoying Is anyone else having this problem It looks like a very fun game. Thankyou Gram

[Post New]by uplifted329 on Feb 12, 12 11:50 AM
I installed the demo but got the message that my trial had expired? Don't understand why when I've never played the game. Help!!! Really would like to play it to see if it will be a buy for me.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Feb 12, 12 12:59 PM
I know that it could be a pain, but uninstall/reinstall. Most of the time the issue with the game manager. This always works for me.

Edited on 02/12/2012 at 12:59:57 PM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 12, 12 5:26 PM
LadyLark wrote:Nope, I'm having trouble opening the guide, too.

ETA: Apparently, the guide was disabled for the demo.

What this means to me is the guide is so awful they did not want us to see it. I have had terrible ones for some of the CE games. Some would not keep your place in the game or all you did was click on paragraphs to get to the information you are looking. A couple of them had icons to click on to view the scenes. This is not $13.99 type guides or games.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Feb 13, 12 3:28 AM
I added the flour to the pan and when I go to pick up the pan,it's saying to add the flour now. Had to start the game over from the begining.

joefraust
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by joefraust on Feb 13, 12 5:27 AM
I just bought this game for my fiancee. When it starts, it looks like words cut out from magazines, half the screen is white, she can't see where the HOS are, nothing. I spent $13.99 on this game and now my fiancee can't play it. Is there any way to get my money back? Please help!!!!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 13, 12 10:32 AM
joefraust wrote:I just bought this game for my fiancee. When it starts, it looks like words cut out from magazines, half the screen is white, she can't see where the HOS are, nothing. I spent $13.99 on this game and now my fiancee can't play it. Is there any way to get my money back? Please help!!!!

Hi joefraust It was very sweet of you to buy your fiancee a game, so sorry it's not working correctly for her. There is a green envelope to the right on this screen. If you send them a note they will try to fix game, if it won't play they will normally refund you. It will take them 24 to 48 hours to get back with you usually. If you are a member here, you can use the 'Live Chat' that's on your account page, and they will help you right away. You aren't going to be stuck with a game that won't play though, customer service here is really good!
You will need to contact Big Fish Customer Service though as the people here are all customers, like you, and can't help except to point you towards the right direction. Good Luck!

Edited on 02/13/2012 at 10:34:35 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 16, 12 12:13 PM
dmhetman wrote:game loaded fast, created player....BOOM! Access violation...and kicked out...no play..no buy from me...

SAME HERE!...but did not even get to create player! ... and only I was 'stoopid' enough to try, try, try again!

Just did all the things sent back to me concerning the drfelixfix...then decided to clear out all the 'hiding' junk that is leftover on puter, did all the updates as requested, restarted-rebooted-retried until am so tired of this happening to so many games that I would like to buy!....now have a great 'sale' for a week, its payday at this time of month and FOUR DEMO'S gone bad!

Yes, I have bought a few games past month...always check 'game forums' for tech issues and reviews...so those that I have about two start off 'wonderful' then go bad?...puter is on six months old...am not a 'illiterate' to puters but seems these games make me feel that way! IMO!

Only thing left is to delete the GM...AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!....and reinstall demo's...IF there is any time left...MAYBE?...as said...am tired and a little P.O. at this point!

No help from "Guide"

[Post New]by Grammy1501 on Feb 16, 12 5:44 PM
I can't get the "guide" to work either. It may be because I am just trying the game but I haven't had that problem with other games I have tried. I have bought more than 200 games and I really like the one with the guide that helps when you really get stuck.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

No help from "Guide"

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 16, 12 7:07 PM
Grammy1501 wrote:I can't get the "guide" to work either. It may be because I am just trying the game but I haven't had that problem with other games I have tried. I have bought more than 200 games and I really like the one with the guide that helps when you really get stuck.

It seems the developers disabled the strategy guide for the trial game. Buying the game appears to unlock the guide.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 17, 12 4:30 PM
Hi fishies,

I've got some great news for you all! We've just released an update for this game that enables the Strategy Guide in the demo version.

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition! Feb 17, 2012

If you continue to experience this or any other troubles with this game, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: