Cant get past level 68

[Post New]by citygirlretired on Feb 12, 12 2:33 PM
Is there a secret to getting past this point? I am losing lives and may be down to 1 or 2 tiles when the timer runs out .. frustrated is an understatement.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Cant get past level 68

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 12, 12 8:25 PM
Welcome to the pond, citygirlretired

Hope you figured it out by now. If you're still stuck, I think this level is one of those where you have to work whatever you can reach at the lower parts of the board, which will then cause the tiles to feed through or around the chained sections, breaking the chains randomly in the cascades. After enough of the chains get broken it'll become very workable. You can buy time using some of your resources which would be worth it if you only have 1 or 2 tiles left to clear.

Edited on 04/12/2012 at 8:26:34 PM PST

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Oct 29, 13 6:42 PM
Hi

Is there a place to vent, scream talk about how I love/hate this very addictive game?

So, I'm on level 61 which has the skulls that we 'shouldn't make matches with .

End result of this level for me was 23 mins. (that's with the bonus that is on this level which is the along with spending about 10,000 worth of my resources buying more time.

So, I put the sound on (to hear when my power up filled to the max) and then there's this heart beat sound as the time is running out and the skulls are taking over the board.

Sorry if I've put this in the wrong spot but I couldn't find one relating to my particular issue.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 30, 13 9:32 PM
Hi Mysti! Good to see you here, my friend.

Sorry, I thought this was Cradle of Egypt for a moment because I was just playing that earlier tonight and I was going to suggest that you could always start a new player and pick untimed mode. Anyway...as for boards with skulls, it is true that if you match the skulls they take back the spaces, but that's actually a minor inconvenience. The real problem with the skulls is if they get into the corners, because then they pretty much get stuck there and will screw up the board because you can't get anything else into the corner (and the mixer powerup often doesn't move the skulls, if it moves them at all?). So I pay attention to the tight spots right away and if skulls are coming out higher up, match them to get them out of the way before they fall into a space that can't be easily reached. If the skulls match themselves in a cascade, they will not take back the spaces.

On levels with the hourglass I find it helps to go out of my way to match them as much as possible, because it is possible to get the timer to barely move if you can keep recharging the hourglass regularly. I've spent as much as 15 minutes on a board without getting a timer warning doing this. Another option is to let the timer run out and not buy time, because resetting the board typically changes the powerup on offer. Good luck, and remember it's just a game.

Go to: