Some buggy problems-

[Post New]by brigarkee on Jan 23, 09 7:30 PM
I really like this game but unfortunately I am experiencing some very buggy instances throughout the trial version.
One example, a white box covered much of the upper right hand area when I was in the beginning, searching for I believe bottles.The scene where the unconscience man was, where I had to fix the stairs using the gear, etc.. he was not even showing up in my screen... couldn't see him at all unless I scrolled over him and then only the words unconscience man appeared (still no man). The bells I had to search for, they were not even slightly visible, so the hint feature helped me there. These are just a couple of specific examples, there were a couple of other problems of this same nature.

Just thought someone might like to know.

Thanks!

Re:Some buggy problems-

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on Jan 24, 09 8:49 AM
The game seized up on me twice; once in the Leaning Tower of Pisa and twice in the Brooklyn Bridge.

Also, usually when that happens I try to use Task Manager to get out. With this game, TM came up briefly, and then the frozen game flashed on and I had to bypass TM and log out.

It's too bad, because I was enjoying the game, more or less. I find it sinister that the bugs didn't appear until I had decided to buy it, about 3/4 of the way through the demo.

Grr.

[Post New]by txcwby936 on Jan 24, 09 1:09 PM
I had the same problems. The game did not load properly and was VERY slow. Very poor quality.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Jan 24, 09 9:50 PM
I just finished this game tonight. I would have probably finished it sooner, except for the bugs. Serious game slowdown, usually in the scenes that had people in them. IN later chapters, there were occasionally white boxes where characters should have been. Changing the settings to low quality didn't make any difference.

I also noticed that it doesn't save the Option ssettings for sound and music. It was REALLY loud upon start up every time.

spateyes
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by spateyes on Jan 26, 09 7:37 AM
i am having the same problems. it is ok loading up but as soon as you have to do anything with a specific itemor a person it goes into judder mode. it has taken me my hour of demo to complete 1 level it was that slow. come on big fish sort the bugs out of this one, it looks like quite a good game overall.

[Post New]by mlynn298 on Jan 27, 09 7:34 AM
I had the same problems. I contacted tech support and had to download a whole bunch of updates, delete my game and redownload it. After all that I still had the same problems. I like the first one and I like this one but now I'm frustrated!!!

[Post New]by wizzgranny on Jan 27, 09 12:04 PM
I also had the same problems! Is BFG going to fix these problems and issue a new download? If so I would like to buy the game!

azaa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by azaa on Jan 28, 09 6:57 AM
I have been reading the comments about jerky cursors, white or yellow areas covering some of the screen. I DL the demo from BFG also had same probs. I DL the game on the developers site.... Same thing there also. I feel that the probs started there and is not totaly BFG's fault. We could use a rebuild, fix,etc from the developer or BFG!! I can't imagine how much $$$ BFG is loosing due to these probs! I will not be purchasing this one until it runs properly. I really enjoyed the first one and was looking forward to purchasing this one also.

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

A possible solution to buggy problems

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Jan 30, 09 12:00 AM
Hey Folks:
Just a suggestion, but do an update on your video card drivers. I know this has helped me in the past with weird buggy issues with other games.
Hope it works for you
Riv

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Jan 30, 09 12:47 AM
I had the problems too, contacted the powers that be and they gave me a list of things to update...updated everything, including drivers, and no change. I've finished the demo, and I'm not going to buy until I hear that someone has truly fixed the bugs.

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Feb 4, 09 4:09 AM
So far it seems to run fine on my laptop but its very slow and jerky on my other halfs PC, she has twice as much RAM as me for a start so I can't figure out why it runs so badly.

I'm off to check the system requirements for this game, I can't see any reason for it being so slow other than bad programming.

It says it needs a 500MHz CPU, we have over 1GHz, it also says 512Mb RAM, the laptop has 504Mb, the PC has 1Gb - it makes no sense.

What with the problems running the game and the bad grammar, translations, spelling mistakes, etc. I'm really glad we managed to find out all this from the trial because I'd have been annoyed if I'd paid for this game.

Go to: