bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Mother Nature

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 13, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mother Nature ? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mother Nature page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mother Nature

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Feb 13, 12 1:15 AM
Lasted 5 mins then uninstalled.BF is realy scraping the barrel with this one!

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 13, 12 1:17 AM
Right there with you Bigdave

Mystic_cam
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Mystic_cam on Feb 13, 12 2:30 AM
I gave this the full hour. Once I did not have to water plants all the time the game became more interesting. It is a fairly slow paced game but it can be fun to try and get the areas cleared. Still a bit buggy though as one area just will not clear because my computer crashed and won't let me clear rubbish and pick up seeds.

Not a bad game, will probably buyit but it won;t be to everyone's taste, especially if you want a fast paced game.

Have played further now. The game gets more interesting but is buggy at the moment. DO NOT COMPLETE A QUEST BEFORE YOU ARE GIVEN IT, bug will get you.

Can understand the tutorial concerns but there is less ot it that you might think and as long as you click where it says you will get the hang if it.

You can not put plants in gloom which may be some confusion and it gets easier once you can get hives.

Edited on 02/13/2012 at 4:05:03 AM PST

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Feb 13, 12 2:43 AM
Absolute rubbish

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 13, 12 3:37 AM
I had NO idea what to do. The tutorial was LESS than helpful! I don't mind slow games, but for heaven sakes, TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!!!

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Feb 13, 12 5:13 AM
hi,i didnt care for the game either not worth the price ,very slow moving any way have a good day every 1

[Post New]by Sootywillow on Feb 13, 12 6:01 AM
Absolutely awful.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 13, 12 7:14 AM
I played ten minutes and then the screen froze. And I was about to delete it anyway so that saved me the trouble. Except I had a bit of a tussle getting out of that screen and uninstalling the game.

Planting and killing bizarre plants I guess was the objective, and regrowing the garden. Too boring to continue though, but I am sure there are those that enjoy that type of game. Not many reviews or comments to read. It is not for me. BF must have run out of choices lately. I have four PCC's and nothing to use them on.

*sigh* Waiting for Mudrock to tell us about the week ahead.

OKC gem

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 13, 12 7:47 AM
I like it - it's different .

Having read the comments here, I started with the help section - not too long and explains the different features.

You control 'Autumn fairy' who is trying to stop 'Gloom' from taking over. Small areas of the map are unlocked as you go and in each you have to get rid of 'gloomy' things while also keeping the areas that you already cleared.

You begin with white flowers which (only at first!) need regular watering (the coughing sound is your flowers getting thirsty & the red moving circle on the mini-map will show you which section needs attention). Clicking on the mini-map is a quick way to move around. You can chain up to 8 actions so, when the coughing started, I would click on the watering can to pick it up then go round clicking on all my white flowers setting her up to water them. If it stops giving the watering can symbol to show a plant is queued for water, wait until she finished the one she's on then you can add another to the queue.

While Autumn is watering, I collect bits of rubbish.

Every 5 bits of rubbish collected earns you a gold bar - more money to spend when the shop opens. The white flowers give out something that I thought was pearls but the game calls silver coins. Mouse over those to collect them.

In the beginning - plant enough flowers (& eventually bushes) around weeds and gloomy animals' homes to get a spade symbol above a gloomy item. When that happens, click on the spade to have Autumn pick it up and then click on what you want her to dig out. Until you remove a gloomy animal den, the animal will keep leaving litter but that's all to the good because you earn so much for collecting it.

When the game starts, the tutorial doesn't have words but it does flash circular targets where it wants you to click, and that is how it teaches you to pick up litter for gold bars, pick up a seed near the damaged fairy sanctuary (more appear regularly there), plant it near a gloom plant & water it. For the early sections of the map you keep finding bits of the sanctuary and fix it bit by bit - each addition opening a new area.

Just when I was finding I had a lot to water, I completed the sanctuary & it became a shop. I bought beehives for all my existing areas and BINGO! No more watering of those flowers (apparently the special pollen prevents plants from wilting - not very logical IMO but it did the trick).

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 13, 12 7:51 AM
.............. contd

Then I got new areas again and this time was building a bridge bit by bit. Just before coming out to post here I met a fairy who had been taken over by gloom and was told what I would need to do about that.

Also by then some new things had appeared in the shop but I don't want to give too much away. I have only said as much as I have already for those who may get fed up at the (early) watering part and not hang on long enough to open the shop.

Although you can buy different things in the store, you will regularly get a few free white flower seeds lying near it and also sometimes get a bush seed when digging up a gloomy den. If something in a circle appears - you probably want it.

Because I was playing on the middle difficulty level, 'Gloom' tried to take back part of one of my areas and I had to go back and get rid of a couple of gloomy plants & a gloomy animal den there again.

For me, for a relaxing game, there were enough developments over the first 50 minutes of playing and it is going to be a definite buy for me. I just need to work out this month's punchcard strategy to decide when to buy it .

There are 3 difficulty levels:
Easy - casual mode - seems to suggest that Gloom will never try to take anything back and you can gradually explore and take over the land at your leisure

Normal - Gloom fights back a certain amount. For me that was, so far (first 50 mins of demo), one attempt to regain a small foothold by swapping a couple of my white flowers for gloom plants and adding a raccoon den next to them.

Hard - game says Gloom actively fights back so I guess that probably means that more of your time will be spent defending areas that you had already rescued.

I can't tell yet how long a game it will be, but I think it will be reasonable because the map shows 25 areas in total. The first area is already clear at the start and I have cleared another 5 in the 50 mins that I have played so far, but the first couple of areas were very quick tutorial style areas and each area has so far taken a little longer than the one before it.

Anyway, even if I do get through it too quickly on normal mode (which I don't expect to happen), I would then have hard mode to play afterwards.

Nice to have something different to play .

Edited on 02/13/2012 at 7:56:28 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 13, 12 7:54 AM
Mystic_cam wrote:You can not put plants in gloom which may be some confusion and it gets easier once you can get hives.

Good point Mystic_cam .

Anyone having trouble planting seeds should watch the colour at the centre of the placement grid that comes up. Green squares in the centre (around the picture of the potential plant) mean you can plant it there - red ones mean you can't.

You can plant in areas which are still gloomy sections on the mini-map, but not too close to gloomy items.

ETA Oh I see better what you meant now - I hadn't figured out why some gloom plants seem to need more good plants to see them off than others and I would plant a white flower with 2 gloom plants in it's grid but still not be able to dig those gloom plants up straight away.

Playing again today (having bought it now) I see that there is a purple shadow around the plants (which you can't plant in) and that it's only when most (if not all) of the purple is gone from around something that you can send Autumn in to dig it up.

Thanks for that tip Mystic_Cam

I'm also adding another review point during this edit because, although I can't find it again today, I think I saw a comment somewhere yesterday about there being nothing to do in the original areas once you have set up the bees and don't need to water any more.

For anyone potentially put off by that I'd like to point out that there may be a couple of reasons why you'd want to go back:

In 'normal' mode you have to go back sometimes because Gloom tries to plant new gloom plants somewhere that you have already cleared (you hear a noise and then will see a section of the mini-map turn purple again).

I also found that if I went back every so often I would have more silver coins to collect from all my existing white flowers. I would expect the coin collecting to apply to 'casual' mode too but Gloom fighting back probably doesn't happen in that mode.

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 4:35:24 AM PST

[Post New]by ziggystar12 on Feb 13, 12 8:10 AM
Thanks Daisy_May, The game does get a lot more fun once you get past the training wheels stage!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 13, 12 9:28 AM
That game is absolutely the most boring tedious game I've ever played. Totally pointless.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 13, 12 9:44 AM
Release the Kraken . . . !

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 13, 12 10:03 AM
I have tried this game, but didn`t liked it really. For me its a no buy

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 13, 12 11:34 AM

Great review and hints, Daisy!

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Feb 13, 12 1:02 PM
ajuma wrote:I had NO idea what to do. The tutorial was LESS than helpful! I don't mind slow games, but for heaven sakes, TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!!!
It kept saying this was the tutorial but it wasn't saying anything

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Feb 13, 12 1:28 PM
This game takes way too long to get interesting, if it ever does. I'm with the majority of people here. This is a no buy, no way!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 13, 12 3:02 PM
bumblebea wrote:
ajuma wrote:I had NO idea what to do. The tutorial was LESS than helpful! I don't mind slow games, but for heaven sakes, TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!!!
It kept saying this was the tutorial but it wasn't saying anything
Not in words it doesn't:
Above, Daisy_May wrote:When the game starts, the tutorial doesn't have words but it does flash circular targets where it wants you to click, and that is how it teaches you ...

Go to: