Someone please help so I can finish this dang game or get my money back

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 4:04:20 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:I know the combination to the safe 53281 but I cannot get it to open

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 13, 12 4:48 PM
What are you doing to open the safe? I can't remember if the code is right (sounds about right, though), so how are you entering it? I believe you need to drag the arrow to the numbers in turn, and they should briefly flash green if it's the right number. Don't stop on any other numbers on the way. If it flashes red you made a mistake and you have to start again.Just figuring out if this is a bug or a misunderstanding

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

I know the combination to the safe 53281 but I cannot get it to open

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 13, 12 10:12 PM
madascanbe wrote:Someone please help so I can finish this dang game or get my money back

You did find the safe dial, right? If not, find that first. You can't enter any combination until you have it.

Second, did you actually discover the combination by playing the game and having your character write the numbers in your journal? You can't cheat and look it up and expect to be able to use the combination. In most games, puzzles remain locked until you have actually completed the actions in the game required to find the answer. Check your character's journal and see if both parts of the combination are noted there.

BTW, I don't know if you can edit your title, but posting the combination in the thread title is a spoiler. If you need to post spoiler info in a thread, please don't put it in the title and always type a warning that you are about to post spoilers. Then post the spoiler info in a new paragraph.

madascanbe
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by madascanbe on Feb 14, 12 12:12 PM
I am sorry about revealing the number. Did not think as I was totally frustrated. I did what you suggested in both strings. It will not open, but thank you for your help.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 14, 12 1:39 PM
madascanbe wrote:I am sorry about revealing the number. Did not think as I was totally frustrated. I did what you suggested in both strings. It will not open, but thank you for your help.

CONTAINS SPOILERS...

What have you finished in the bonus game, so far?

Just to open the safe, you should have found a bottle in the kitchen, filled it with water and looked through it to get one part of the code (last 2 numbers). To get the other part you should have made your way into the house behind the broken cat statue, found the table with the papers, opened the bag in the church to get the lenses and placed the lenses on the papers so that the numbers show (first three numbers). To get the safe handle you have to light the dark corner in the attic and then clean the dirty wall. Have you done all those things?

If you've done them, then the only other thing I can think of is that maybe you have to solve the puzzle with the balls by the tailor shop before you can complete the safe combination.

Or, maybe there's another puzzle you missed along the way somewhere? These games are usually pretty linear and you have to do certain things to trigger puzzles that come later. You might try going through the strategy guide step by step until you reach the part where you open the safe, just to see if you missed something along the way.

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Maybe you just got a bad download.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 14, 12 1:42 PM
madascanbe wrote:I am sorry about revealing the number. Did not think as I was totally frustrated. I did what you suggested in both strings. It will not open, but thank you for your help.
You can go into your first post and edit the title to remove the number.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:I know the combination to the safe but I cannot get it to open

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 14, 12 4:07 PM

Hi madascanbe,

I went ahead and edited the title of this thread for you.

Hopefully you'll figure out how to open the safe soon! If you aren't able to, don't hesitate to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Feb 14, 12 4:33 PM
I was having the same problem. It looks like when you click on each correct number in sequence they will light up green. But every time I tried to go to the next number, the whole dial would light up green and I would have to start all over. I can't get tell you how many times i did this stupid puzzle, praying to god i could get to the next digit. FINALLY, i did it. I honestly think this was a glitch in the game because it seems so simple to do but for whatever reason that stupid dial just kept lighting up and getting stuck whenever i would turn the dial.

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 4:53:33 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 14, 12 8:57 PM
gbanjs wrote:I was having the same problem. It looks like when you click on each correct number in sequence they will light up green. But every time I tried to go to the next number, the whole dial would light up green and I would have to start all over. I can't get tell you how many times i did this stupid puzzle, praying to god i could get to the next digit. FINALLY, i did it. I honestly think this was a glitch in the game because it seems so simple to do but for whatever reason that stupid dial just kept lighting up and getting stuck whenever i would turn the dial.

Based on what you wrote, Gbanjs, I wonder if it's a mouse glitch. Madascanbe, maybe if you tried the system cursor??

Go to: