bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Lost in Reefs forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 23, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Lost in Reefs forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost in Reefs players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Welcome to Lost in Reefs forum

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Jan 25, 09 1:12 AM
What is you favourite game mode?

crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by crispinscot on Jan 27, 09 6:38 AM
I'm really enjoying this game - I know its going to take me ages to complete all the different sections!
If I can't complete a level, it gives me another chance and then moves on to the next level. Will I eventually need to go back to complete all the levels I've missed out on or does it just reckon up the score? I think my favorite game mode is group and I've now got to the swap one but I've not even tried the third one. I also like a mixed board as there's so much variety. The ones set in a diamond or diagonal pattern are hard to visualize and seem to take me longer. Thanks to the lot who devised this one - hope they do more.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Jan 27, 09 12:29 PM
Crispinscot, you don't need to return to skipped levels. To complete the game you have to play all levels and to find all buildings.

crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by crispinscot on Jan 27, 09 12:56 PM
Thanks - I wonder how long it wil take me!

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Jan 30, 09 3:32 PM
I have just finished the trial, what a beautiful game and great that is has a relaxed mode my brain stops working when I leave work well not that well anyway lol What a great twist on the match 3 being able to buy items ..... I love this it is so pretty I normally play the adventure type but this is just so gorgeous I gotta buy it

I seem caught in a loop!

[Post New]by mrsjns on Feb 4, 09 9:05 AM
Just got Lost in Reefs, and, every time I open the game, it starts me at level one. It doesn't offer me the option to continue my previous game. So I'm rebuilding and rebuilding, and I want to move on.

Am I missing something? A setting or something?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm getting bored with the basics. Thanks!

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Feb 4, 09 9:28 AM
It did that to me once, but I think it was because I chose options again. If you just hit start it will take you into the game you left off with. I think. That works for me

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

I seem caught in a loop!

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Feb 4, 09 9:30 AM
mrsjns wrote:Just got Lost in Reefs, and, every time I open the game, it starts me at level one. It doesn't offer me the option to continue my previous game. So I'm rebuilding and rebuilding, and I want to move on.

Am I missing something? A setting or something?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm getting bored with the basics. Thanks!

1. Be sure you use your own Profile, and do not create new one.

2. What is your operating system? If this is Vista - be sure you have appropriate permissions to write files to Application Data folder. Else, this is a very odd situation, it seems you are the only person who get such error. Try to edit config.xml (which located in your installation folder), find line <bool name="use_game_folder" val="0"/> and replace 0 to 1. Run game, create new profile and try to play. Let us know if it works.

Edited on 02/04/2009 at 9:31:49 AM PST

Lost in the Loop...

[Post New]by mrsjns on Feb 4, 09 3:24 PM
Thank you for your quick reply. I went back and realized that my original profile was set to non-timed mode. You need to have it set to timed mode to have it save your game. I had to create another profile, but this time I made sure to choose timed! Thanks again!

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Lost in the Loop...

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Feb 4, 09 10:08 PM
mrsjns wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. I went back and realized that my original profile was set to non-timed mode. You need to have it set to timed mode to have it save your game. I had to create another profile, but this time I made sure to choose timed! Thanks again!

The game saves itself in every mode, you continue to play excactly from where you stopped. Probably you have confused profiles.

[Post New]by suki123 on Feb 21, 09 3:58 PM
hi there all im playing lost in reefs but am confused it says that the game has 400 levels but im on level 501 what the hell is happening does this game go on forever or did i do something wrong and somehow created another 100+ levels lol help need answers ive collected all the buildings etc and all the points so what is happening

Edited on 02/21/2009 at 4:00:53 PM PST

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Feb 22, 09 12:35 AM
suki123, to complete the game, you have to complete ALL game modes (swap, chain, group). You can see the progress for each mode around Start button (white line on the edge). If you solved mode, you have to switch to another one.

[Post New]by dakotadreamer on Feb 24, 09 4:57 AM
Is it possible to get the music to Lost in Reefs? I found that when I am studying and Listening to the music i can actually concentrate better on what im supposed to be reading?

[Post New]by rahsanbaran on Mar 14, 09 7:26 AM
When I try to open this game, system freezes. There are PC tools Firewall plus, PC tools antivirus, and Ad-Aware on my computer. Do I have to close those softwares to open lost in reefs?

amv713
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by amv713 on Mar 26, 09 4:34 PM
I have completed all the levels and the white line around the start button is filled. But I received a message that my score wasn't high enough to move on. How high a score is needed to move on?

[Post New]by orangemen90 on Mar 29, 09 4:32 AM
hi, i am on level 344 .... i have completed all but one little green line in the last group, where you you are doing groups of three or more.....how much further before i can unlock the doors and what do i expect to see when i get there. this is taking FOREVER, which is actually a good thing. thanks

[Post New]by cutiepie101155 on Apr 12, 09 4:51 PM
i love this game but i'm starting to think that there is no end to it...i'm on level 883..have finished all the types of games...the last message i got was that i needed more points to open the castle doors...i have over 100,000 on all 3 sections...where too now

[Post New]by cutiepie101155 on Apr 12, 09 5:02 PM
so sorry ...but i'm wrong...i have not finished the chain one....so here i go chaining...

[Post New]by cutiepie101155 on Apr 12, 09 5:05 PM
and i hate chaining....like the groups better...but here i go again...i'll be here forever...really hard to finish a game at this speed

Edited on 04/12/2009 at 5:10:26 PM PST

Go to: