HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

problem in pharmacy

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Feb 14, 12 12:35 PM
cannot pick up the bottle on shelf (the one that also had the candle)
already used candle on 'poisonous lizard' and put first part of lock in, have the 'bear stick' but can't do a thing w/out the bottle????
shows that i should interact with lizard cage, but can't (since i did already?)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

problem in pharmacy

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 14, 12 12:41 PM
HolyCarp wrote:cannot pick up the bottle on shelf (the one that also had the candle)
already used candle on 'poisonous lizard' and put first part of lock in, have the 'bear stick' but can't do a thing w/out the bottle????
shows that i should interact with lizard cage, but can't (since i did already?)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
I thought it was a clear glass, not a bottle. Did you click on all the other glass items on the shelf as well?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:problem in pharmacy

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Feb 14, 12 12:54 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've placed the first piece into the wall safe and the cursor changes to being able to do something with the lizard (I've already taken care of him) but now I can't select the jar with the snake nor can I use the bear stick on him. I also can't select and take the glass from the shelf.
Is this a glitch or is the game so linear that I did something out of order and now have to start over?
Thanks for any help.
Linda.
Happy St. Valentine's Day

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 14, 12 1:00 PM
Yes, the game is very linear. For instance, there is a book on a table later on that is not active until you have found a reason to need to read it it after a few more tasks are completed. The lizard is still active after you take care of him because there's still something you need to do. Look closely inside the cage to see if you missed something near his feet. I don't know why you can't progress, sorry. I know I did the snake before the lizard. Have you looked at the w/t? Did you click the snake first to see a message that he is dangerous so that the game knows that you need the jar? (Just thinking out loud.)

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Feb 14, 12 1:13 PM
thanks for writing back so soon. Yes, I got the message about it being dangerous but I clicked on the lizard first. I didn't know where the snake was until I checked the w/t because I couldn't find it. I did find what I needed near the lizard's feet. I put it in place and that's the last thing I was able to do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it didn't make any difference. Do I have to do things in the exact order as the w/t? Usually that's not the case. I guess I'll have a go at a new profile and see if it makes a difference. Thanks again for the input.

Linda.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Feb 14, 12 1:20 PM
anyone remember the glitch in Death at Fairing Point? if you did something out of order (blanket and stick) you couldn't go forward. pretty sure same thing here. gonna try and get my money back...not gonna go thru again to check
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 14, 12 1:20 PM
Linda, I'm sorry that part didn't cooperate with you. I wouldn't think that the game is so linear that it makes a difference which creature you take care of first. I never looked at the walkthrough while I was playing and didn't have a problem getting the glass. Since you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you reboot your pc? Sometimes that helps. Good luck if you start with a new profile.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

problem in pharmacy

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Feb 14, 12 1:24 PM
I thought it was a clear glass, not a bottle. Did you click on all the other glass items on the shelf as well?

yep, clicked on all. pretty sure it has to do with me doing lizard first...as it shows I should still be able to interact with the cage...but I can't.
boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Feb 14, 12 2:00 PM
Well, since I wasn't very far along, I went ahead and started over with a new profile and that fixed it. But if it happens again, I'll certain not be starting over. I don't usually have problems with games so I may be a little more forgiving than others but not to the point of having to keep starting over.

Happy day to all.
Linda.

[Post New]by bigand on Feb 15, 12 3:50 AM
Yup - same problem. Read you guys' messages. If the game is that linear surely you shouldn't be able to do the lizard first??

Anyway, I was enjoying the game up until that point but having gone round and round the pharmacy and clicked on everything in sight - although I now know what it is - I really can't be bothered to start again.

So - game to bin!! Impatient - I know!!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 15, 12 12:19 PM
SPOILER ALERT:

The game is tricky in the Pharmacy.

Put the Forked Stick on the Lizard; use the candle on it's tooth.
Put the Forked Stick on the Snake, go to the room with the door, zoom in on the shelf that is right of the door, and pick up the glass.
Go back to the snake and place the glass on the snakes teeth.

I was hung in that same spot; this worked for me. I was then able to continue on with the game.

zzzut
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by zzzut on Mar 15, 12 5:40 AM
I tried the Mac version of AOT and I really enjoyed it until I lost the last minutes of the trial period trying in vain to pick up the fork in the pharmacy. This part of the inventory is impossible to pick up (it's like it is part of the background). It's too bad... AOT is a very well-done game and the graphics are great.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 28, 12 6:31 AM
GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Same problem here.

Can not access the glass or the snake because I did the lizard first...

I am deleting & re-installing...

Will let you know...
Karen

Go to: