bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Big City Adventure: London Classic! Feb. 14, 2012

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 14, 12 4:16 PM
We have a new version of Big City Adventure: London Classic available now! This update includes the following changes:

**more frequent mini-game skip coins
**a few of the mini-games have been made easier to complete, including the safecracker and scarab mini-games
**some of the mini-games instructions have been modified and are now easier to understand

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Big City Adventure: London Classic! Feb. 14, 2012

[Post New]by peggymonge on Feb 16, 12 2:41 PM
Thank you

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Big City Adventure: London Classic! Feb. 14, 2012

[Post New]by mousie43 on Feb 16, 12 3:39 PM
THANK YOU,

[Post New]by peggymonge on Feb 16, 12 6:15 PM
Thats good but the safe game is tooo easy I had no problems with that but the scarabs were not to easy and its nice to have more hints. Thanks

[Post New]by 10santa on Feb 17, 12 10:50 AM
Thank you very much!

[Post New]by jollymolly on Feb 20, 12 2:23 PM
Thank You so much!!!

[Post New]by lcapps2002 on Feb 21, 12 6:11 PM
Thank you. I hope it works. This is THE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME of their series. I

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 24, 12 1:16 PM
I'm a fan of harder puzzles... they should have just provided two options: Normal and Advanced and kept the harder puzzles and even the limited hints for Advanced Mode. Or just kept the easy stuff in Relaxed. I always play timed so that wouldn't bother me either!

This is going on my buy list BUT I'm disappointed that, since I demo late, I'm missing out on the orginal game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 24, 12 2:25 PM
I also wish the developer would re-release the game and have the original game the way it was as a "hard" mode (although it was really only "average" mode) and the new game as "easy" mode.

They not only changed the puzzles, they also added more skips and added more bonus coins earlier in the game so your scores add up faster. All of these things combined make the achievements very easy to get. I think there should be some challenge to getting all of the achievements.

What this developer has done by changing the game is label their games as only for beginner gamers or players that want no challenge. I understand that there is a need for that kind of game but why not please newbies and old timers by offering both the easy mode and the more challenging mode?

I was so disappointed when the game was changed that I will not buy anymore games from this developer if this revised easy game is the sort of game they plan to create in the future.

As vezzettj pointed out, they already have the original game program so why not let the people who liked that version have it. That would certainly show me that this developer's games would be worth looking at in the future.

How about it Jolly Bear Games?

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 5:48:16 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Feb 25, 12 4:03 PM
Thank you BFG for the update, I like hard puzzles, but the safe puzzle was a little ridiculous, that nobody was able to figure it out.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 25, 12 4:21 PM
Myself and others were able to figure out the original safe puzzle. It was not that difficult, but it did require a little through and patience. The new version of the safe puzzle is way too easy.

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 8:19:01 PM PST

[Post New]by klm916 on Mar 4, 12 9:20 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 4:44:19 AM PST

lch217
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lch217 on Mar 11, 12 4:02 PM
I do NOT like the newer version of this game! Most people complained because of the scarab puzzle being too difficult and for me the reverse is true in this one as they almost give away the solution to the scarab puzzles. Wish I had not dotne the uninstall/reinstall thing for this game. But wanted to see what the difference was. Also the safe game is way too easy now that they cut it down to 11 keys. Preferred the first version - this newer one is way too easy

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Mar 12, 12 2:46 AM
I had downloaded this game before the new version came out. I found an easy way to do the safe puzzles and enjoyed them. I never did understand the scarab puzzle but I just used my skip coins for those. I uninstalled the game after I finished it and then a few days ago decided to play it again. I didn't realize that what I was downloading was a new version. I knew I remembered the safe puzzles as being different and more difficult. I thought I was losing my mind! Then it all made sense when I came to this forum and saw that the game had been changed.

I completely agree that instead of just changing the game and making it easier, the makers of the game could have given us a choice, either by giving the game more than one difficulty level or by giving us access to the original game so that those of us who want the more difficult game could still get it.

Simply changing the game to make it easier was definitely a BIG mistake.

[Post New]by maddicat on Apr 16, 12 4:34 AM
yes it has fixed the problem,i am no longer stuck on the safe and all i did was uninstall and downloaded it again..

[Post New]by scoonerz on Jan 17, 14 8:37 PM

So glad BF listened to all the customers, (pfft to the two who think it's too easy now!), I wanted so to buy this and now I can!!
Two thumbs up, waaay up for Big Fish!

Go to: