bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness! technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 15, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 3:15:49 PM PST

oldchris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness! technical issues here only

[Post New]by oldchris on Feb 15, 12 1:35 AM
game froze when unlocking first door. Cursor still worked though. Will try again
Seems ok now.

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 1:39:23 AM PST

tuatua
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tuatua on Feb 15, 12 2:24 AM
game froze after unlocking first door. Cursor worked but had to c lose down computer to reboot. Hopefully will not happen again

tuatua
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tuatua on Feb 15, 12 2:30 AM
restarted game and same problem. Have now uninstalled and will try to install again. If the same problem occurs will have to give this game a miss. Pity as it seems to be a bit different.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 15, 12 2:36 AM
Tuatua I don't know if this will help but you might try running the game as administrator. To do this, go to the desktop shortcut that was created when you installed the game. Right click on the shortcut and then left click on "Run as Administrator". Good luck!!

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 15, 12 8:02 AM
After solving the laser puzzle on the front door, the puzzle resets and you can not select anything. I pressed Alt + F4 together on my keyboard to exit the game and when I started it again, the front door was open so I could enter the building and continue. This problem only happens if you use the Tutorial.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 3:21:07 PM PST

tuatua
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tuatua on Feb 15, 12 11:02 AM
I reinstalled the game and when I opened it the front door was open. Thank you for advice.

[Post New]by doowats on Feb 15, 12 11:36 AM
there seems to be a bug with an alleged mini-game in the meeting room. I;ve inserted all five tapes but nothing happens.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 15, 12 1:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to step in and offer some help. It sounds like some people were able to clear up their troubles by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. If you need a little extra help with how to do that, here is a help article here:

How to uninstall and reinstall

If you click the blue text it will take you right to the article. This won't lose your spot in the game but can help if a puzzle isn't working like it should. If you run into trouble after that just get in contact with our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help.

Hope that helps!

-bfgCimarron

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Feb 15, 12 4:28 PM
I think this is a bug...? Anyway, I get 'eaten' by the monster in the end and have to access the blueprints in the journal. I hit the map button instead and 'jumped' to another location (itchy clicking finger I guess). Anyway, I can't get back to being inside the monster inorder to defeat it and save 'mum'. I've tried re-entering through the theater, director's room, go down the elevator thing... but I can't step out. It just says that I have to hurry to save 'mum'. Any help? I'd hate to have to play the entire game over.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Feb 15, 12 6:17 PM
I also have the same problem caused by using the map. I went down the elevator after getting out of the monster, went up to the volcano to rescue "mum" but she was tied up and I didn't have anything to cut the ropes with, so I jumped out of that location using the map. I couldn't find anything, so I tried to come back to the volcano location using the map, but ended up in the elevator again. The game won't allow me to the leave the elevator now and I can't finish the game. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Feb 15, 12 7:15 PM
my screen is um....jumpy? and when I try to access the inventory, the black at the bottom of the screen gets all jumpy and covers my inventory. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing is happening. Anyone else had this?

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 7:16:26 PM PST

toasty215
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by toasty215 on Feb 15, 12 8:45 PM
Yes Chrysteen iam having the same problem

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Feb 16, 12 12:51 AM
Glad to know the "jumpyness" is not just my problem. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to be part of the game, but it just got annoying. Quite after 35 minutes.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Feb 16, 12 3:35 AM
I would advise anyone who had insatiable curisoity or an itchy trigger finger to not map hop when you are about to save mom. When I got to the final sequence, I clicked open the map.......

And now i can't finish the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. And NO I am not going to replay the game......I like the game, I REALLY REALLY did, but I cannot replay games...it is just something in my psyche.

So please be forewarned.....this game has a glitch which will allow you to transport.....and then never be able to finish the game.......

*eerie music and manaiacal laughter fill the thread*

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Feb 16, 12 5:23 AM
I'm also having the "jumpy screen" problem. A black bar flickers at the bottom of the screen. I've tried changing the Screen Resolution to 3 different settings, with no luck. Usually that solves this but not in this game.

hsemse
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by hsemse on Feb 16, 12 6:07 AM
I'm having the same problem. The black stripe that fills about the bottom 3d of the screen.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Feb 16, 12 6:27 AM
I too have the black flickering at the bottom of the screen. Looks like I'll have to forget this one. Too bad, it looks like it would be interesting. But that is just too annoying.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Feb 16, 12 10:20 AM
I also have the black flickering at the bottom. This is the second game that does that. I'd like to know why and how to fix it!!! Thanks to anyone that will help us! Will there be a 'fix' for this game?

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 10:20:38 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Feb 16, 12 10:50 AM
Well, I really wanted to like this game, BUT: Boring! Black, jumpy bar at the bottom 3rd of the screen, what's up with the dumb bad guy laugh?
Oh well, uninstalled and moved on. Did anyone else get that black jumpy bar fixed? Tryed the uninstall/reinstall but no luck.

Go to: