bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 16, 12 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by Carolest on Feb 16, 12 2:14 AM
I downloaded the demo only for it to be expired...not happy, didn't even get a chance to play it.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 2:16:01 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 16, 12 2:22 AM
Hello Carolest

Uninstall and then reinstall the game. That should do the trick.

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Feb 16, 12 4:12 AM
This has happened to me before, and the games it happened on were ones that I had beta tested. If you beta test a game, you will not be able to play the demo. If you did not beta test then there probably is an issue..... and BFG customer service I find is very helpful.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 4:13:05 AM PST

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Feb 16, 12 5:47 AM
After installing the game & going through the intro, I pick up the stick, get rid of the spider & pull the door bell. The light goes on & the little girl opens the gate & becons one in. She just keeps beconing, I can't go any further. The cursor works although it does not change to suggest I should move forward. She continues to move & the rain keeps coming down, I just can't move forward. I can click out of the game on the menu & click the hint button & the goal but not proceed any further.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Feb 16, 12 6:44 AM
This is the same thing that my game is doing, I can't get past the little girl wanting me to come in.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Feb 16, 12 7:07 AM
I decided to dump the game and reload it and I also created a new name and it worked this time.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 16, 12 8:03 AM
Hi fishies,

For those of you getting stuck at the gate, creating a new profile as NANA5LOVE mentioned could fix the glitch.

That being said, if the problem persists, please write in to our Tech Support team, so we can start tracking this issue.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

gracehjs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by gracehjs on Feb 16, 12 3:07 PM
I played for a few minutes before my processor zoomed to %100 and everything slowed to a crawl.
Grace

cloudingd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by cloudingd on Feb 16, 12 11:09 PM
Uninstall and then reinstall the game. That should do the trick.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Feb 16, 12 11:20 PM
I'm having a real problem with the music. The voices are ok but the music is cutting in and out. I'll uninstall and dl once more to see if that helps. Sure hope so a this looks like a great game but it is annoying

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Feb 17, 12 12:37 AM
seahoney wrote:I'm having a real problem with the music. The voices are ok but the music is cutting in and out. I'll uninstall and dl once more to see if that helps. Sure hope so a this looks like a great game but it is annoying

I downloaded this twice now and no luck on the messed up music but the solution I find is just turn the sound off. Not perfect but better than nothing

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Feb 17, 12 7:12 AM
I feel very lucky to know such smart fishies. You're advice to delete and reinstall fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone who gave this wonderful advice

zunan
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by zunan on Feb 18, 12 8:57 AM
is anyone have problems accessing the drawers with the bird paw...inserted it and turned to right..just get a magnifying glass that .keeps saying i dont know what drawers to open...am i missing something? thanx

[Post New]by lizlaaa58 on Feb 18, 12 3:23 PM
Yes I am having problems, the magnifying glass stays on. Anyone got any advice

allan133
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by allan133 on Feb 20, 12 1:23 PM
Go to Junk room (where skeleton is in cage). Top left, remove the cloth from the bird cage and take the papers. The include the solution to the 'drawers puzzle'. Check it in Journal and you should be able to complete the puzzle.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Feb 23, 12 2:53 PM
I am playing for the 2nd time,I had no problem with opening the drawers with birds paw leading to the room behind Ist time round but I do now.I waited to see if it will open the room behind, but no good.I have opened the drawers correctly.

[Post New]by Mom2ddm on Mar 9, 12 7:39 PM
I keep getting a fatal error in the office when I click on the lamp. The game then deletes my profile for being corrupted. Anyone else have this prob & any way to fix it?

[Post New]by 123Bright on Mar 15, 12 6:38 PM
Here it is March 15th and I have the same problem as others -
Girl at gate invites me in but I can't go any further. The cursor works although it does not change to suggest I should move forward. She continues to move & the rain keeps coming down, I just can't move forward. I can click out of the game on the menu & click the hint button & the goal but not proceed any further. Hint circles the girl but nothing ................

[Post New]by 123Bright on Mar 17, 12 4:42 PM
I've played with some 10 different games and this is the first time I've gotten a hang even after rebooting the system. I was trying to complete the puzzle to generate a free kite token and each and everytime I get into the game, I can't move the pieces and can't exit. I don't think there is a way out.

Go to: