bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 16, 12 12:17 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 16, 12 12:30 AM
As they sometimes say, there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that the games the last two days are great and that tempers the bad news some which is----no CE today.
But here is the review for TGT which I posted in the CE thread:

From the same dev that brought us the Fear for Sale games comes this fantastic new title that LovetoMissLisa sums up very nicely. All that Lisa said I agree with----especially as it concerns the graphics and the animation. (Hey, Lisa, at least the car got to where it was going without slipping off the road or crashing or going out of control to avoid some mysterious item, etc.)
I thought the hidden object scenes were great with nifty little interactive portions unlike others I have seen.
The puzzles were different and fun without being overly difficult.
Although we have seen many haunted houses, ghosts, etc., this game was different enough because of the new, fresh, and innovative approach this dev used as their games continue to improve.
And yes, the widescreen option worked fine for me, opening on the entire screen and making the game so much more attractive. (Their first Fear game did not, their second Fear game and this one DO so that tells me that these devs are doing all they can to improve their games and pay attention to the details---great job!)
I hope some of the other devs are paying attention and learning from devs like this that show the way.
As Lisa says, this one is a must have----highly recommended!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 16, 12 12:34 AM
Be sure to read the excellent review by LovetoMissLisa in the CE review thread!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 16, 12 12:48 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm just popping in to include a link to the reviews thread for the Collector's Edition of this game for more reviews:

Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse Collector's Edition

As always, keep in mind to reserve this thread for reviews only, other game comments may be shared over in the thread Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse or by creating a new comments thread in this game's Forum.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 16, 12 1:04 AM
Good morning, everyone...

This review is based on the CE version, which I played in Easy mode:

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. The custom cursor is big and ugly, and the system cursor is a miniature version of the large one.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is widescreen (and it works for me).

There is voice-over.

There are live people in this game.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are rather cluttered, and some items on the list are interactive.

The puzzles can be skipped.

Both the HINT and SKIP buttons take about 50 seconds to fill.

There is a journal and a "Goal" tab behind it.

There is no map.

You have to find ripped parts of drawings, which are added to your journal, and when whole, the drawing will give you a vital clue to the story.

The graphics are very well done.

--- --- ---

I found the gameplay highly entertaining and enjoyable. (At last a game to my liking).
I haven't enjoyed myself as much as I have with this game in a while. The main game took me 3 1/2 hours (with a couple of quick dashes to the loo) and the bonus game took me just over an hour, and which I enjoyed as well.

There is a lot of area to cover in this game, and it is therefore unfortunate that we didn't get a map to help us not only to see where we are and where other places are, but to be able to jump there.

Other than that, this is a top game quality, IMO.

ETA: Oh, and happy "Presidents' Day" for the US fishies.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 1:05:00 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Feb 16, 12 6:58 AM
I played the CE when it came out, I love it, great graphics nice story and nice HOscenes, I waited patiently and thanks to todays sale I just got the game on SE.

This one is worth buying.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 16, 12 9:25 AM
Me too. Totally agree with you. I like it tha I had to have my thinking cap on. (Not that it does me any good)

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 16, 12 9:48 AM
Me too. Totally agree with you. I like it tha I had to have my thinking cap on. (Not that it does me any good)

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 16, 12 9:52 AM
Thank you, Valdy for another great review.
Shocked that it's Thursday and there isn't a new CE. Are they running low?

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 16, 12 10:27 AM
I am wondering if there will be a walkthrough for this one. If not, I will buy the CE as I have to admit, I usually need a little nudge now and then. Or is it possibly one that most people can get along without a walkthrough? Please advise .
thanks

OMG I just realized I already played the CE version of the game. Do you think I have too many games maybe? lol I did however download the update so it is not all bad. This little old fishy has lost her marbles.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 11:03:24 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 16, 12 12:15 PM
theoldbag wrote:I am wondering if there will be a walkthrough for this one. If not, I will buy the CE as I have to admit, I usually need a little nudge now and then. Or is it possibly one that most people can get along without a walkthrough? Please advise .
thanks

There is a walkthrough for this game. Just click on "Try this game" and you will see the way to the walkthrough on the main game page.

OMG I just realized I already played the CE version of the game. Do you think I have too many games maybe? lol I did however download the update so it is not all bad. This little old fishy has lost her marbles.

But... seeing that you already own the CE, a walkthrough won't be necessary. Right? LOL

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Feb 16, 12 1:12 PM
I haven't bought many CEs in months. But I just had to buy this one when it came out last month. If you didn't try the CE, be sure and try this one now. The combination of animation and live actors is just wonderful. I think the devs have a cool sense of humor too....i.e., the door knob and the imp. I won't devulge anything about these things as it would ruin some of the fun. I'm sure they'll have a walk through soon, though. I know I needed the guide now and then. And even with the guide, I got myself lost and couldn't re-find a location. I play my games over several days, and had forgotten how to get to one location again. I asked for help in the forum, and some one came through with step by step directions for me. For all of you who didn't purchase the CE, please, please get the SE now. I'm sure you all will enjoy it.

Oops, I just noticed there is a walkthrough. Have fun!

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 1:16:24 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 17, 12 12:49 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reviews so far. Please note that this thread is reserved for reviews only, please use the General Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse thread for non-review comments.

Any non-reviews posted after this reminder will be removed by the moderation team.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 12:49:11 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 17, 12 7:30 AM
This is a great game. Good graphic, gameplay, hogscenes and puzzles. I haven`t bought the CE - but as the SE its a definete buy for me

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Feb 17, 12 9:56 AM
I just finished the SE (enjoyed the CE demo before but couldn't afford it). I played in expert mode, and it was very challenging without ANY sparkles to indicate the locations of hidden object scenes.

It had the sloppy, chopped-off-the-CE ending that you often get with an SE version. Oh well, pretty good game otherwise.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Feb 17, 12 12:21 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 4:01:08 AM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Feb 17, 12 2:11 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 4:01:10 AM PST

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Feb 17, 12 8:51 PM
enjoyed the game very much..have to agree with all of the reviews..

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Feb 18, 12 7:28 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 4:01:45 AM PST

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 18, 12 8:13 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Don't like long reviews skip them...you like them, like I do, read them...simple...

I liked this game also and unlike some people I love the HOG games. I'd say 95% of the games I buy are these. Don't buy too many CE versions because can't afford them but if I read a review where the CE is really worth it and there is a sale I'll buy one. A sale this weekend on SE so think I'll buy this one

Go to: