Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Wild West Quest 2 Hint's not working

[Post New]by Owlish on Jan 24, 09 7:17 AM
With this game my hint's button worked till about the 36th chapter, now they either don't show up on relaxed mode. Or they show up and when you click them, the sound is there but nothing showing where the object is. I can't move on in the game because what looks like a silhouetted sombero, i can't find anywhere, i have clicked on the whole picture. When i uninstall and reinstall it says. Exe-application error, The instruction at 0x1010 referenced memory at "0x00000010 The memory could not be read click ok to terminate the program wild - west - quest - 2_S1_l1_gF2848T1l1_d416541038(1). exe-Application Error, rather i push the ok button or not the program still downloads, and i am still having the problem. If this continues with this game i don't want it and want my credit back, i can't play this game from what i have tried. I have never had this much trouble with a game before from BFG. Help me please owlish.

catluvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Wild West Quest 2 Hint's not working

[Post New]by catluvr on Jan 24, 09 9:09 AM
I am having the same problem. Is there no fix? I will be wanting my credit also!!

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Jan 25, 09 1:41 PM
Same here. Can collect hints but can not use them. I even tried reinstalling game three times and no go. Really bummed out.

[Post New]by craftylady56 on Jan 25, 09 6:35 PM
I am also having the same trouble with the hints in the relaxed mode. I hope they are able to fix the problem fast as it is a fun game and wish I could continue playing it.

[Post New]by aradine on Jan 26, 09 12:22 PM
I am also having the same problem. I am on chapter 45 and I have tried it three times. I am always get one item that is not on the screen. When I hit the hint button it show the item off screen. This game has worked fine until now. It is fun and I would like to finish it. Hopefully BFG can slove it. I was able to get The Wedding to work by going in several times until all of the items were shown. Now I am on Chapter 51 where you have to find the keys and the hints are gone. Several people have had this same problem. I am going to complain to BFG and see if they can fix this problem or they are going to have to credit a lot of people who have this game.

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 1:40:24 PM PST

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Jan 28, 09 9:41 AM
Hello Fishies,

If you are having technical problems with any of of our games, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support team are trained to deal with these types of problems and will work with you to get our game working properly. The forum moderators, including myself, have not been trained to handle technical support issues.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for posting and please let us know if you need any other assistance!

Happy gaming !

Edited on 01/28/2009 at 9:41:52 AM PST

ghshoesfan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ghshoesfan on Jan 29, 09 7:40 AM
I love Big Fish and all the games but I do not like waiting 5 days for an answer!
Many people here have said that they lost the hint button, so come on Big Fish send out a message here on this forum what you are doing about it!! I want to finish a game that I have paid for, and deleting it doesn't know fix the problem either.
Anyone have any info on this issue today??

nitram661
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nitram661 on Jan 30, 09 5:22 PM
i couldnt use my hints either at chapter 36, so i restarted that chapter, then my hints worked for the rest of the game. try that. it worked for me

[Post New]by traiton on Jan 31, 09 3:35 PM
I cannot for the life of me find the silouetted sombrero and my hints do not work at all.
Is it a problem with anyone else?

cr256
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cr256 on Feb 2, 09 4:56 PM
I am having the same problem with my hints not working. Very, very frustrating. I have 19 hints and can't use them. I tried restarting the level and that doesn't seem to help either.

Edited on 02/02/2009 at 4:57:52 PM PST

[Post New]by MsDeeMorning on Feb 4, 09 3:52 AM
I'm not getting my hints either. I have written to customer support, but they say it will take 5 days to answer. I also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it does not work. Also there are some articles that do not appear on the page even though they are listed. I have had to restart the level to get a new list of items to find. Anybody else having this problem?

Edited on 02/04/2009 at 3:54:03 AM PST

[Post New]by jademyst1129 on Feb 8, 09 11:00 PM
I had the same thing happen to me last night, and muddled through it up until Level 46 (where I found a worse glitch, but that's a different thread). When I started the game tonight, though, the hints button reappeared in its usual place. Have you tried exiting the game, restarting your computer and starting the game again?

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Feb 13, 09 11:14 AM
Same issue. Did discover that if I got totally stuck on an item I could keep restarting the level til I got a list w/out that on it.

Had same experience w/ restarting, then hints came back. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long and now back to not working.

[Post New]by silkysherry1 on Mar 30, 09 6:28 PM
I am having the same problem with the use of the Hints not working. How are you going to fix this? Please let me know ASAP! I am trying to get to the next level. If I can't have the full use of the game, I am going to request a refund also.

[Post New]by whatsup61 on Jun 5, 09 8:24 PM
I am having the same problem with the hint button. Have re-started the chapter still no hints. Cannot find 1 bag of gold, will not tolerate paying for a game and not being able to use. Will definitely demand a credit if BFG cannot correct the problem immediately, we as users pay for a game and expect the game to be without bugs, and properly tested. We are not beta testers!!!!! If any one has figured out the hint problem please post so that we as gamers can enjoy the game.

[Post New]by Copper59 on Jun 14, 09 10:43 PM
I am also having the problems with hints not showing up at level 46. Will someone please post what to do to get past this problem or a fix or at least a reply that it is being worked on. I have restarted level several times and still always at least one item that keeps me from leveling.

[Post New]by mummysnowflake on Sep 13, 09 5:39 AM
What I did here was restart the game under another name, and DIDN'T collect any sherrifs badges. OK the hint bar took forever to fill but I completed the game in just over 90 mins and the hints didn't go away, so I guess there was nothing wrong with my PC ...

Hope this helps some people

kabommer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kabommer on Oct 3, 09 9:31 AM
Copper59
If you go back and restart chapter 46, it should give you different things to find. I did this and I didn't have any more problems. Hope this helps.

Aecfoxyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Aecfoxyz on Feb 9, 10 6:50 PM
There are too many gliches in too many Big Fish games and no way to get a refund. It seems like a very primitive service.

[Post New]by suzie1948 on Apr 29, 11 4:04 PM
hints not working in wild west quest 2.

Go to: