GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Journal information

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Feb 16, 12 9:34 AM
I just finished the demo and agree that this is a very well-done game. My problem is one that I've encountered in many other games - you must constantly go to the journal to get the complete story. You pick up a letter which is unsigned, but the journal entry tells you who wrote it. In this instance, it would be just as easy to have the letter signed, although I realize that the alternative to most "journal info" is a narration which many gamers object to. I object to interrupting gameplay by continuously returning to the journal! It doesn't happen in this game, but I've also encountered information that appears in the journal prior to its appearance in gameplay. That's just poor editing.

Whoa! I just lost lobster status. Although I haven't tried guppies, I suspect lobster is much tastier!

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 9:37:01 AM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

Re:Journal information

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Feb 16, 12 9:58 PM
Whoa! I just lost lobster status. Although I haven't tried guppies, I suspect lobster is much tastier!

Way to go GrandWeeze! Me too, a new guppy.The sharks still want us for dinner, no butter needed. LOL

Loved the CE demo, bought the SE because I can afford that. The combination live actors and animation is fun. Yes, the journal seems rather busy. Cursor is huge! and kind of jerky, but I didn't have the tech issues some have had. Interactive HOS, interesting games, not hair-pullers, but not too easy. Good sense of humor so far.
Happy gaming!

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 10:00:36 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Journal information

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 17, 12 12:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments on this game. As there already is a General thread in this Game Forum, I'll be locking this thread.

Please feel free to re-post your comment and join in on the discussion in the thread over here.

If you'd like to share a review on this game, you can do so by popping over to this thread here so we can track your feedback.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 12:26:25 AM PST

Go to: