[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 17, 12 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Todays DD February 17 2012

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 17, 12 12:34 AM
I like this game. I had it in my to buy folder and I'm so happy to get it at DD prices. The graphics are clear and the story is interesting. Most definitely worth the DD price. So be sure to check this little bargin of a gem out. Enjoy!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 17, 12 4:24 AM
Based on about 30 minutes of demo game:

I have to agree with pretty much all of the negative comments in the original review thread.

Dialogue -- extremely inane
Storyline -- unrealistic, to say the least (if terrorists were as lame as the ones in this story, we'd all be laughing our heads off instead of dreading each day's new headlines)
Graphics -- OK
Puzzles -- only encountered one, and it was a childishly simple "gears" type
Mechanics -- smooth
Scene changes -- the blinding white light was uneccessary and irritating
Hint button -- didn't have to use it and though others said its constant motion was a distraction, I didn't even notice it. Maybe it was altered after the original complaints??

To sum up, a thorough bore and I won't be buying it, not even at DD price. Why waste money on a poor "bargain" when it could instead go toward a good, solid SE?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 17, 12 7:17 PM
Lips move but have no voice overs. Anyone else with the same problem?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 17, 12 8:23 PM
cll1950 wrote:Lips move but have no voice overs. Anyone else with the same problem?

I remember when this game first came out...other people had the same problem with the voiceovers. I have no problems. Try checking out the trouble shooting. I think this will give you some answers. If not contact CS. Good Luck

I hope you get it working, I like this game for DD prices.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Feb 20, 12 2:25 PM
I have no idea how long this is, since there's no walkthrough, but it seems long. I've played it at least 3 or 4 hours now, and I wish it were closer to winding down.

It's a perfectly fine game, except for the fact that the dialogs never stop coming. It starts out that way, and if you think the incessant chatter will get better as you play longer, you would be wrong. There is a dialog - sometimes a lengthy one - every single time you start or complete ANY task. I like a full storyline, but at a certain point, you wish the characters would shut up and let you play. That's just my pet peeve. Otherwise, it's okay. Not great graphics, but the gameplay is pretty fun - it's just having to slog through all of the dialog that annoys me.

P.S. The voiceovers stopped working for me shortly after purchase. That was just fine with me, seeing as there are so many of them. I probably would have muted my computer if the voiceovers hadn't stopped working.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 2:26:44 PM PST

Go to: