stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by stanliness on Jun 10, 10 3:20 PM
I am such a fan of the first Flux Family secrets - have played and replayed - that this morning when I saw that this was the next game I was so excited I could hardly wait to get home and start! However, I loved the FROG aspect of the first game - and was disappointed to see regular HOG stuff and fairly obvious FROGlike findings. That said, the game has so much going for it that it is a must have for me. The FROGs aren't as hard as the first, but the whole way the game is woven together is really fun and I hope I can wait for the regular version. I just wish they'd kept to the original game...

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 3:59:00 PM PST

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on Jun 10, 10 3:42 PM
Great game! This may be the first CE I buy! Had no problems with loading or play!

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Jun 10, 10 5:36 PM
Now this is my idea of what a game should be. you become immersed in it. when you find things you are actually advancing the story rather than those games where you are presented with list after list of random ideas for no apparent reason.

extremely enjoyable.

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jun 10, 10 5:40 PM
I play a lot of demos, but when the hour is up I am usually like, "ehh, I'm bored...time to move on".....but not with this one! I was really disappointed when the trial was up, and it seemed to go by quick. Sooooo, I just purchased my first CE game!!!

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jun 10, 10 7:30 PM
awesome game!!spent most of the day playing-off and on-can't get anything done as I just want to get back to finishing the game!! Worth the$$$!!

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jun 10, 10 7:39 PM
I played the demo and decided to buy (in part because I need a GOOD game fix). It didn't take me long to figure out that it is just an o.k. game and not worth 20 bucks. Oh well you live and you learn. This game is just soooooooooooo repetive to me,I found my self propping my head up with my hand and just going thru the motions with absolutely zero enthusiasm. I'm sure I will finish the game(someday) just not today.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jun 10, 10 8:01 PM
Just went back and replayed the original Flux again - and all I can say is - Why mess with a great game concept? The original is still the best! But BF, I will try this one when it comes out again as a regular. Developers - I loved the first one - one of my all-time favorites - can't you make another without changing it so much?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 10, 10 8:28 PM
Played the demo and bought this as my first CE. I figured that 6 bonus levels was worth it. The game is not difficult to play, and it is fun and enjoyable. It should take me a bit since I am playing off and on.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jun 10, 10 9:06 PM
I'm really enjoying this game, not too hard or too easy for me. Plays without any problems and looks fabulous in HD, glad I have an HD widescreen moniter.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jun 10, 10 9:30 PM
TY to everyone who left an informative review - they help, especially since I feel some of the early CEs were rip-offs. Sounds like this is worth the cash. I just hope the bonus material is not the first game in reruns since it seems to have the same historical characters.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 10, 10 10:22 PM
I have the first Family Flux game and I really enjoyed the trial of this one but I, like many others, can't afford the CE and since you can't use coupons to get the CEs I'm left with 5 coupons. Since it seems most of the good games come out in the CE version first, I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for the SE. I've been a member of for a year, now, and this is the first time I've had a collection of coupons. Many of the games I can afford just don't seem to be as good as they used to be. I still wish both the CE and SE versions could be released at the same time. If the CE versions are good enough, they will still sell and the SE would be available for those of us who can't afford the higher priced game. Just my opinion.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 10, 10 10:28 PM
Rating 5 stars since I can't get the icons to insert.

Absolutely best game of Flux Family group. I love the integrated strategy guide...sometimes you just don't know where or what to do next. Played through the demo bought it instantly and just didn't want to stop to make dinner... Sweetie just LOL and stopped for Pop-eye's chick (you can tell we live in the South and I will have to walk and extra mile to get chicken & coleslaw off my backside). BF is an awsome site they come out with at least one or two real winners each month. I don't mind spending extra on the CE's if they are good ones. This is my only vice and I intend to continue to indulge it. Keep up the good work!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 10, 10 11:15 PM
Invisible or Flickering Mouse Pointer problems fix...

I see the problem of "disappearing cursors" in the forums quite frequently and I have been plagued with the problem myself. I thought I would send this information to tech support so I don't have to make an entry in the individual forums. But I have not heard from Tech Support, yea or nay. So I guess when I see the issue arise, I'll post this:

While browsing for another issue I came across a forum thread about "Flickering Mouse Pointer" curious, I read the thread. The gist was someone was attempting to play a computer game like Halo etc. and having trouble with his cursor. He said he could select things but he was blind because he couldn't see the mouse cursor. One of the replies suggested he turn off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc.

I did as suggested and re-downloaded some trials that I had deleted because I couldn't see the cursor in Full Screen mode. I refuse to pay for a game that I have to run in a windowed mode because the cursor is messed up.

Much to my amazement, the cursors re-appeared in Full Screen mode. I have only tested a few BF games (more, as I recall the titles of the naughty ones) but it looks very promising.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jun 11, 10 12:22 AM
It seems like I trialed this last night. Don't you have to exit the game to get to the strategy guide? I'm not sure but it was very hard to get to, not at the bottom of the screen as most are. Or maybe that's the Lighthouse one. Seems like I'm trying a CE ever other day now.

I'm surprised we weren't told about the HD option as Paul Thelen made a big deal of it in his press release to the gaming industry. I guess it's because most people don't have HD on their computers (I have no idea if I do or not, probably not as it's a year or so old).

I didn't care for the first Flux Famiiy game and I didn't really get into this one either. It was confusing and just made me wish for a nice old fashioned IHOG like Puppetville, etc. As already noted, I hate FROGs.

Ember66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ember66 on Jun 11, 10 3:48 AM
i LOVE this game.
i actually shouted "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" when the demo hour came to an end as i was so immersed in the game.
i'll be splashing out on this when payday arrives.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 11, 10 4:13 AM
Why are you doing this to me, BFG?

I was absolutely set on not checking the trial of this game at first, then I thought "just check the demo and get the game sometime else" as I went online later than usual today. Now I'm waiting for more than 500 MB of data to download and even though I have quite a fast broadband, it'll take quite some time. I really didn't want to stay online long enough to do this today - maaah!
I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself immensely, though.

I fell in love with the graphics (although I can't use HD, because my monitor doesn't support it) on the first go. The HOG scenes and minigames proved great, too. As I did play the first Flux Family Secrets, too, I also wanted to know how the story goes on and I like buying CEs (although I've still got two credits from last month to spent and no idea what to spent them on - but I'm sure I'll find something).

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jun 11, 10 7:18 AM
I bought this one with no "free" play as I am a HUGE fan of the Flux series--it is what I recommend when people ask for a good game. However, I am just not feeling this one. I have to agree the game is beautiful to look at--no fuzzy graphics here (just a LOT of steam) and the in game guide seems helpful. But for all that I am more tempted to go back and play a previous version rather than this.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 11, 10 8:42 AM
Thought this was a great game. Will have to wait to purchase this at 20 bucks. Did someone mention coupons on a post here? How do you get coupons?

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jun 11, 10 11:15 AM
I'll tell ya, if you don't get apollo's head ( whatever the name of the statue is) out of that vase before moving the ladder over in the library, you are screwed. no way of ever getting it that I can find. not worth the money honey. I simply quit with 20 minutes left on the trial because I can't get the dang statue head. geesh. not a very well-though-out game. but just my opinion.

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Jun 11, 10 1:11 PM
lots of great play time...took me a while to get the hang of the conventions, grayed out if it's somewhere else,blue if it's hidden where you are, etc, but that said, I kept at it and got to the end...and am going right back in since I missed some of the badges at the end!!!

I buy tons of games and this is right at the top for its genre!

Go to: