I think I give up

Re:I think I give up

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 10, 10 11:27 AM
Anyone got the newsletter yet? I know Brian said on Monday it would be a couple of more days but I haven't seen it in my inbox or spam folder. Figured I would check with everyone else.

Thanks!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 10, 10 1:34 PM
I hope so too since its been 12 days since a few days was said. I hope its tomorrow, or later today.

If not thats ok, I have waited this long but since 12 days ago it was said it would be a few more days I am hoping we can take them for their word that it will be soon this time, maybe in a day or 2 since 12 more days have went by already.

Looking forward to the newsletter and game.

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 1:35:13 PM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jul 11, 10 7:16 AM
Well, the way Subsoap has been operating, a "few" means 30 or more! I guess it will come.....so will Christmas!

Brian, I know we sound annoyed....and we are....but of course we're going to buy the game at the first possible moment!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 11, 10 12:04 PM
I know making games takes a long time but since the game is already finalized I just wish it would be available.

The main reason we keep getting annoyed is they say soon so many times and it is just disappointing to hear it will be out a certain month. Then another certain month is mentioned, then its not out again. Now we are told it will hopefully be a few days then 13 or 14 days go by.

I assumed a few days would mean a week tops, in a couple days it will be past 2 weeks. I understand these things take time, but it has been 7 months since it was suppose to be out originally as it is (Original date was Dec 2009, then Feb 2010, then March, then beginning of June now we are told June 28th it would be a few days.

It just constantly keeps getting put off, they have to understand the main reason we are annoyed isnt the fact it isnt out yet, its just we have been told its fixing to come out, oh wait no its not, well now its really coming out now, oh wait no its not. That has happened a handful of times and its like dangling a carrot in front of a horse on a string and when it goes to take a bite, you jerk it upwards and wait a little while and do it again.

I know Subsoap didnt do this intentionally, I know each time they really thought they were releasing it but they still have to see it from our point of view. 7 months of getting told its coming very soon, then it doesnt and get told its coming, wait no its not over and over for 7 months is going to get many of us upset.

I am not mad at Subsoap and I will still get FS2, but its just frustrating because I thought this time a few days REALLY meant a few days and now its going on 2 weeks. If its out before fall I will be surprised.

Please Subsoap, know that we all still love your games and really appreciate the time and effort you have and are putting into bring us awesome games, we just want to play FS2 and really wish a few days meant less than a few weeks or months.

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 12:11:20 PM PST

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 11, 10 8:44 PM
I agree-it is very disheartening to hear for about the 200th time that they swear it will be "a couple more days" and then 2 weeks later still no newsletter or game.

They may not mean it but it is still very bad customer service and I honestly believe they should offer the 1st installment at a discount or something to make up for the fact that they have been telling us for the last 7 months that it was coming out and it hasn't.

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Jul 11, 10 11:16 PM
I've learned my lesson about saying things will come out soon. I won't be doing that in the future. Many things have changed in the last few months, and I've explained them all in the newsletter which has yet to be sent out.

The next game will be free. Releasing this next week for sure. The delays in the last week could not be avoided.

Brian

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 12, 10 6:28 AM
When you say releasing this next week, is that this week or next week?

This week July 11th - 17th, or next week July 18th - 24th?

Either way I am excited still.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 12, 10 7:08 AM
Awsum about the game being free-very cool way to make up for the wait! My b-day is this Sunday so if it comes out this week that would be great!

[Post New]by sunbeam163 on Jul 12, 10 11:01 AM
Great News! I can't wait...or I will wait with baited breath. (What does that even mean? LOL)

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 12, 10 4:00 PM
Are you sure you want to wait with 'baited' breath on a site called big fish? lol.

Anyway, I am glad it is coming this or next week. I have been excited about FS2 for a long time.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 14, 10 11:32 AM
Somehow my FS game is no more so I have to start over. I guess I have something to do while I wait for FS2 to release either this or next week.

If its next week, I hope its early next week and not next weekend. If it is, it just is, I just hope its this week or early next week because the sooner the better.

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Jul 14, 10 1:47 PM
Thank you for the update Brian. I'm so excited to try it out. It will give me something to do while waiting for the baby to decide that it's time to come.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 15, 10 1:55 PM
Looking forward to next week, it has been said it will be released next week.

Not sure if it will be beginning of next week or late next week like towards next weekend.

I am hoping for beginning because the paycheck goes in the bank tomorrow, and I want it to come out while I still have the money.

If not, I may have to wait another 2 weeks since the paycheck only comes every 2 weeks. So heres hoping I can get it when it comes out and not have to wait 2 weeks after the release.

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 1:58:39 PM PST

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 15, 10 5:07 PM
he said that the first game will be free so at least you will be able to play that one even if it comes out late next week! I'm excited about that b/c I won't have the money to buy it until next month (I am only paid once a month).

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 15, 10 6:54 PM
I am crossing my fingers that this time, next week means next week.

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Jul 16, 10 12:45 AM
More delays. I can try to explain them, but it would not change anything. By the way, the 19th is my birthday and I'll be 22. Right now it looks like we can release early next week (sometime between the 18th to 24th) and I'll work on my birthday if I have to.

Yes, it will be free! And not just the first part, but most parts to begin with. That probably doesn't make much sense, but actually there are some things you can pay for if you wish to support us, though it is not required to play.

Brian

[Post New]by sunbeam163 on Jul 16, 10 12:36 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
I hope you will have everything done before your birthday so you can really enjoy it.
sunbeam

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 16, 10 5:14 PM
awsum-Happy Birthday Brian! My birthday is Sunday the 18th so if it does come out next week it will be my b-day present to myself lol.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 16, 10 9:27 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brian. Don't work on your birthday. Go out to eat at a nice restaurant and enjoy your birthday. I know we have been waiting for FS2, but everyone deserves to enjoy their birthday, 1 day wont make much difference.

Also, you said the first part and most parts to begin with.will be free, how will that work for those who are buying the whole thing for 1 price instead of buying each chapter one at a time as it comes out?

Some will pay when each chapter comes out, but what about the ones that were going to buy the whole 9 chapters in advanced for one reduced price?

How will the first 1 or more being free work out for the ones that have decided to buy it all for 1 price?

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 9:29:51 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 21, 10 11:05 AM
Just coming on to see if anyone has heard anything else about FS2. I know the release has been said to be somewhere between July 18th - July 24th, today is July 21st so I am hoping FS2 is just around the corner.

Also to wish Brian Happy Birthday again. He was 22 July 19th and I hope he didnt work much if at all that day, I am hoping he enjoyed his birthday like everyone should be able to do on their birthday. But still I hope FS2 is around the corner.

Go to: