Welcome to Casebook forum

Re:Welcome to Casebook forum

[Post New]by Jen_100 on Nov 1, 08 3:10 PM
Simply put, we shouldn't have to FIX anything. BF should not release a game that has known errors...yet, if it does, they need to step up and compensate the members who paid money to get this game (i.e: free game) and respond to us in a timely fashion regarding a fix/update.
The d/l didn't take long on my computer. I never had the WIC issue. My issue is with the DirectX and Shade 2.0. Figgies 'fix' didn't address that, so I am not willing to take the risk and do what worked for him and his (different) issue. I would appreciate a Dev to come on here and post what the actual problem(s) is/are and give us a reasonable ti me frame for it to be repaired.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 1, 08 3:37 PM
I downloaded Casebook and never got any WIC error messages, but immediately got the DirectX and Shader Model 2.0 (needed) error message...so I ran the dxdiag, even though I knew I had the correct DirX version (have no IDEA what Shader Model 2.0 is!!!) deleted the dang game, reinstalled it (for about 2 hours) and still get the same error message! This STINKS! BFG has always been so good in the past about games with glitches..I would think they would have fixed this sooner. Oh well, sent in to customer support, but now have to wait 72 hours (OR MORE) to get a response. Just venting, since I see a lot of you have had the same problem or problems. Waiting for answers...Abby

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Nov 1, 08 6:31 PM
That is the same error that I received. I have sent off an e-mail to tech support. Just waiting for a reply.

[Post New]by Amakai on Nov 1, 08 7:26 PM
Oh Boy .. It seems I've been fortunate and the game installed and ran fine for me (Vista SP1) Anyway, I was a little disappointed in the length of the game and completed it in a few short hours, but was fun all the same.

For those who are unable to move on in the game itself .. firstly go to the crime scene and press and hold letter i on the keyboard, if a triangle does not pop up and does not show you a new bit of evidence to photgraph then it means you have all the photographic evidence you need for that crime-scene. Go back to the van and look at your evidence file, click on each photo one by one and match it with each and every photo that highlights .. it's a little time consuming but missing just one photo link will hold up the rest of the game, do this for all until the guy speaks and tells you to go to a new place.

Good Luck.

Blenny
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Blenny on Nov 4, 08 2:48 PM
There is no need just use the tech support online and the guys were very apologetic and refunded my game credit, they didn't take long either - my only gripe is - I do feel they should inform us who have purchased and then been unable to play, rather than we have to keep searching for an answer - but except for that, great customer service

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 5, 08 4:45 AM
Poodlebear wrote:HEY MODS! Any news on the new build, please?

I keep checking... ANY WORD?

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 5, 08 4:47 AM
i havent heard anything yet... still waiting...

[Post New]by gatorspencer17 on Nov 5, 08 7:37 AM
Do you know anything yet?? wondering why it is taking SO long to fix this problem.

[Post New]by katallen on Nov 5, 08 8:22 AM
I am sorry that so many of you have had problems installing and playing the game. I use Vista, have cable internet and it took me 30 minutes to download and install. I was able to play immediately. That said, I was EXTREMELY disppointed with the game. It was boring, unchallenging and repetive. It was really hard to see details on the screen. I was always taking pictures of things that were totally impossible to decipher but exactly what was needed for the game. I thought it was just dull. Maybe you are better off not being able to access it.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 5, 08 9:11 AM
I didn't need to type in my name, the game already knew it! Spooky!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 6, 08 2:14 AM
Evergrey wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:HEY MODS! Any news on the new build, please?

I keep checking... ANY WORD?

BFG took the game page off their web site, so i guess it won't be anytime soon.

Yeah, I noticed that too when I went to check the calendar to see when it was released. The 28th of October is mysteriously missing. So while it feels like a lot longer I guess it's really only been a little longer than a week. I think I'm gonna bail on this one and just ask for a coupon. It can't be *that* good. If I hear later they have fixed it I can always try again.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 6, 08 9:22 AM
We are still working with the developer of Casebook to see if we can get a fix for the errors many folks are experiencing. I do not have any information as to when this new version of the game will be available. I would recommend contacting our Customer Support if you would like to request a replacement game.

As many folks have pointed out, we no longer offer Casebook for sale on our website. Once we have a new version of the game, we may offer it for sale again. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience while we get this problem corrected.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

[Post New]by justsweet75 on Nov 20, 08 7:07 PM
HEY DID THEY GET A NEW CASEBOOK BECAUSE I STILL CANT PLAY MINE AND IF THEY DID HOW DO I DO THAT I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Nov 21, 08 3:33 PM
I wont buy it again, thats for sure. I got my pc broken while downloading that game and had to buy me a new one.

montysgirl
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by montysgirl on Dec 8, 08 8:20 PM
I notice that casebook is showing available for downloading again, does this mean that we can repurchase it without the problems?

[Post New]by ecernan on Dec 9, 08 8:53 PM
montysgirl wrote:I notice that casebook is showing available for downloading again, does this mean that we can repurchase it without the problems?

I haven't tried it but a friend downloaded it a few days ago and it worked OK apparently (didn't work the first time around)

montysgirl
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by montysgirl on Dec 11, 08 5:21 PM
Well I tried to download it again, and it is still coming up as something about error with direct x and grahic card?

deliag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by deliag on Dec 11, 08 8:07 PM
Where is Casebook? I can't find it, but I realllllly want to play it!

[Post New]by ecernan on Dec 12, 08 2:29 PM
deliag wrote:Where is Casebook? I can't find it, but I realllllly want to play it!

It's a large file game - check it out under Large File Games - it's worth it! I really enjoyed the whole thing ... okay, some of the repeated games got a bit tiresome, but the story line was AMAZING, and ythe crimescenes were totally wow.

Good luck!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 13, 08 8:28 PM
Montysgirl,

I had that error also when I tried to run the game the first time. The download worked fine, but it turned out, my video card wasn't completely compatible with Direct X 9.0c. I finally got my video card upgraded last night, and it seems to be doing fine so far. Haven't gotten very far into it yet, but at least I'm not getting the graphics card error.

Go to: