SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 16, 18 11:48 PM
Moonryu, I did notice on one of my player profiles that scoring requirements suddenly (re)appeared in the CE bonus map, but in all my other profiles all the bonus games in the CE bonus map were completely unlocked as soon as I was able to access the CE bonus map. It may have to do with what mode you're playing in, as timed mode awards the most points, limited moves is in the middle, and relaxed gives the fewest points. Be warned that the race mode bonus games are quite challenging even in standard difficulty and on advanced difficulty I had to struggle with several of the race mode games. I suspect that the race and limited moves bonus games in both maps were designed more for hardcore players, so if you're more a fan of relaxed mode M3s you're not missing much except potential frustration.

213Killer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 213Killer on Mar 28, 18 9:59 AM
I'm using an HP computer with Windows 7 Pro - the issues I'm having seem more like software problems.

I played the whole game through once on advanced with limited moves and bought everything I could to blast away at stuff and finish each level with a "perfect." It was kind of boring and repetitive that way, so I decided to try playing without buying anything. Not being as dedicated a player as some folks are (talking ‘bout you SynthpopAddict ) I did eventually buy a medium hammer and the small fireball, both of which I tried to use sparingly like when I wasn't able to break gold bags out of amber by other means or if I was down to the last tile or two on a board with too few moves left to finish it off. I also bought the 2000 piece chest (which would have been plenty big) but I still bought the 3000 piece chest after I kept filling up the smaller one. When I got to level 161 I broke down and bought the large hammer to release the gold bag with double chains. I've exchanged lives for extra moves several times, so I've also bought quite a few extra lives.

So here are a few weird things that have happened:
Around level 150 or so I realized that I hadn’t changed scenes at 140. I also realized that the castle being built was the final castle that should normally be finished at 180. At about level 160, I was told “final scene completed” and that message has continued through several more levels (as of this writing I am on level 165.) On my map, the button for level 180 is showing as green. Since I have little interest in building the castles/scenes except as necessary to continue playing, I haven’t paid careful attention to exactly when this occurred. I am still able (so far, anyway) to continue playing each new level.

Another weird occurrence – sometime during regular (non-bonus) play, I think it was around level 50, the “level completed” message kept flashing in a rather psychedelic way and would not stop. I had to start the task manager and end the game. I restarted the game and, after a little while, I realized that the remaining moves area in the right-hand panel was blank. I continued to play for a few levels with unlimited moves though the map showed that I was still completing the levels as advanced/perfect and when I checked the “select game mode” panel, there were no circles selected. Once I selected limited moves and advanced, the remaining moves area returned to normal.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 6:18 AM
@213Killer: I had the game try to "skip" over a castle scene on me in one of my player profiles too! It seems to be a glitch but I don't know exactly how it gets triggered. When I realized I wasn't on the right castle, I think I exited the game completely and when I reopened it I clicked on the Map button instead of the big Play button, then clicked on the Castle button in the map screen and voila, the correct castle then appeared. If you got to the next checkpoint already there may be no way to salvage it as the game save file probably got corrupted.

LOL yes I know I'm one sick gaming fishie

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Apr 6, 18 9:09 PM
I am on level 22 and the timer starts at zero. I clear the first two rooms and then cannot do any more.

No idea why. I dont lose a life or anything Please help

[Post New]by RubyzMom on Apr 10, 18 8:27 AM
Just a couple of tech issues for your developers to look into. I'm playing on a Windows 10 PC. FWIW, I really don't care all that much about where I am in the game - I find the castle building boring and only do it to continue in the game.

I'm playing through a second time under a new name and am at Level 40, timed games. Had just finished Castle 1 and was about to begin Castle 2. At the map, I thought I'd like to go back and see the screen showing the empty grounds of Castle 2, so chose the "Castle" button. The game went into congratulations you've finished Castle 2, you have a new wallpaper, etc., and then began Castle 3 telling me all earned coins/stars/whatever were converted to 0 gold.

Also, when playing the additional side games along the map route, it doesn't seem that getting the hammer icon does anything to the hammer tool.

I am NOT terribly concerned about any of this, just clearly hit a bug and thought I'd share with you for your tech folks.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 10, 18 9:41 AM
@RubyzMom: The skipping over a castle scene sounds like a glitch which may impede your progress later on because if you can't get the correct castle to appear the game might eventually get stuck thinking you have a castle left to do and not let you advance. As for the bonus M3 race mode and limited moves mode games in the maps, you can't use your spells in them and you only get the small or medium hammers even if you'd bought the large hammer for the rest of the game - it's a design feature.

[Post New]by FinchEns on Apr 14, 18 4:33 AM
Playing in advanced limited moves, I got to about level 123 (slightly lost track) and it told me I had finished a castle, then I got the closing credits. I have gone back to the map and it lets me continue to play new levels (I'm up to 128), but the castle is just stuck on 'scene completed'. I continue to accrue gold, more amulets and more stars without anything else changing.

I played through once in normal limited time right to the end without any problems.
(the timed levels seem massively harder than the limited moves ones)

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 14, 18 11:29 AM
Welcome to the pond!

This seems a random glitch where the current castle "disappears". I had that happen once but the way I got the correct castle back was to exit the game, then upon reopening it, click on the Map button instead of the big Play button in the main screen. Then I clicked on the Castle button in the map and the correct castle appeared with all the parts for me to use the jewels, amulets, and stars. If you let it go on for too long as in getting past what should have been a checkpoint (every 20 levels is a checkpoint for a new castle) then there may be no way to fix it and you might end up being stuck at some point without being able to make progress? Can't confirm it because when I caught the problem I did it soon enough that it let me build all the castles and finish the game otherwise.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 14, 18 1:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King Collector's Edition might have a few glitches. I'm swimming over to provide some assistance.

If the game is getting stuck, crashing, or preventing advancement, then I'd recommend taking a look at the suggestions in the help articles below. In particular check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date, since this driver directs how the computer's graphics display. Running the game in Administrator Mode will also increase its permissions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Please consult the help article below if there's been trouble installing or activating Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King Collector's Edition. Changing the Big Fish Games app's network settings and downloading the game using an alternative method should work.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Email our Technical Support Team if I haven't addressed your inquiry or if my suggestions didn't help. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

bfgBeruna

HCC_314
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by HCC_314 on Apr 23, 18 6:57 AM
No problems downloading, or installing. No play issues until now. I'm playing on a new Surface Pro...maxed out everything when I bought it; my model has a discrete graphics card. Windows 10 is weird after all those years of Windows 7, but I'm learning. Despite the graphics card and the extra memory, the jewels tumble more slowly than JMR1 on Windows 7. That I can live with.

I'm playing in relaxed mode. I make sure I get every star every I play, and a "Perfect" (which is silly because I almost always miss a few jewels). I was on the last castle, about level 180, when I decided to check the standard/initial map. I found several levels had no stars! OK. I replayed those, and went back to the Extra levels Map. MORE starless castles! Replayed all of those.

Replaying has worked except for level 156. I've played that puppy 5 times now. I get all the stars and when I hit Continue, I get the Map, and there I see starless 156!

I don't know what happens at the end, but I don't want to finish with a starless level. Is this just the dev's way of making me play until I get enough points to play the little mini-levels, or is this a glitch? Has anyone else seen this game issue?

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 6:59:32 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 18 7:24 AM
@HCC_314: I think it's a minor glitch with the stars not appearing. If you got the perfect for the level (which is for getting all the coin bags along with all the stars) the level circle is gold with a trophy. Wouldn't worry too much about it as I saw the same thing happen a few times when I was playing. If you let all the stars pop into the level finished dialog at the end of every level it seems to help but I can't confirm it.

Go to: