gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Jun 11, 10 7:24 AM
Hi Fishes. I have the same problem with this game. I have downloaded it three times and it will not play. It goes to the play again screen.
What's going on. ??
I like the first game.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tizza on Jun 11, 10 7:27 AM
I played the demo perfectly. Graphics were bright and beautiful. Music fine. Cursor worked.
SO, I made the decision to purchase. WRONG DECISION. I am at the point where the demo ended and I cannot go further. The sparkles are over the staircase going down, but I cannot go down. Nothing is happening. If the demo worked perfectly why has the game simply stopped? I had no problems downloading. The title page comes up, so does the menu, then the reloading owl, the music is fine. The scene opens in the library. The hint system is working, and the little girl when clicked upon, directs you to the staircase. BUT I cannot go down. Nothing happens.
Again, please note everything worked perfectly in the demo. No glitches, no hint of a single problem. Surely if there was a problem it would have shown up in the demo.
Is it possible, there is a hitch in the program, at that exact section? It seems quite a few people are unable to go down that stairway. Maybe the developers need to look at that part of the game.
It is a beautiful looking game, and the story is intriguing. Shame if we cannot play it and have to return it. Will wait this week (hopefully) for a fix. Disappointed.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jun 11, 10 7:41 AM
I downloaded the trial version last night. When I attempted to play it this morning, the game would not load at all and I kept getting kicked back to the Game Manager. I tried several times, to no avail.

So I uninstalled the demo and re-downloaded it, only to discover that my free trial had EXPIRED. And I had not played ONE SECOND of this game. In fact, since it would not open, I do not know what the thing even LOOKS LIKE.

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Jun 11, 10 7:53 AM
Just like Mum26, Wolfrun_cb1, cbardezbain, qwerty4 & others, I also can not get this game to even open.
I enjoyed previous Flux Family games & was looking forward to this one- very disappointing. I will stick with BFG because you do have plenty of good games that do run, but this is getting all too frequent.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jun 11, 10 8:36 AM
I downloaded and had no problems except one. The screen is not centered and for some reason my monitor auto adjusted and moved it to the right which cut off about 25% of the display so I couldn't use hints or find things in the right side. Bummer.

[Post New]by carol70 on Jun 11, 10 9:03 AM
ditto to the "60 minute trial over period" before playing.I'll just wait for a fix.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 11, 10 9:12 AM
My laptop doesn't have HD capabilities, so when I purchased and installed this game, the center of the screen was way over to the right. I managed to solve the problem by going into the options and unchecking "full screen", going back to the game and then back to options and clicking on "full screen". This instantly solved the problem and everything was centered as should be. Hope this helps anyone else that is having similar issues.

[Post New]by pixie_unicorn on Jun 11, 10 9:26 AM
Grrrrr, same problem here, click play game ( Trial version ) and I get a black screen for about one second then it takes me back to say 'Thank you for playing' ? ?, come on Bigfish you have messed some of my games up before don't start again. !!!
I am seriously thinking of leaving Bigfish, you always say it is my graphics card at fault, if I improve my graphics card much more I will be waiting for them to release one good enough for your games. !!!

sbch
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by sbch on Jun 11, 10 9:26 AM
jeffory wrote:I played the demo and it worked just fine but when I bought the game and it went back to where you go down the stairs in the library it will not go downstairs it will not do anything except give me the blue clouds for clicking too many times.......

i am having same problem?

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 9:27:12 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 11, 10 9:28 AM
Bigfishette wrote:I downloaded and had no problems except one. The screen is not centered and for some reason my monitor auto adjusted and moved it to the right which cut off about 25% of the display so I couldn't use hints or find things in the right side. Bummer.

I posted the solution for this issue about 3 posts up. Just go into your options and uncheck "full screen" and then go back to the game. Return to options again and check "full screen" and everything should be centered.....at least that worked for me.

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 9:29:51 AM PST

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Jun 11, 10 10:10 AM
Well, all I'm getting is lots of bright, squiggly colors..I've had this to happen with a couple of BF games and when I sent my info to Dr. Felix I was told there shouldn't be any problems..sooo, maybe the game needs a redo??...as I stated once before, if I can't see to play it, I'm not going to buy it

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jun 11, 10 10:29 AM
mum26 wrote:I downloaded the trial and can't get that to work at all, it keeps on going back to the 'play again' in the game manager, why are the new games causing so many problems, we never had these problems before, there's an old say, if it aint broke, DON'T fix it, but it seems to me that the game developers are trying to do things that don't allow games to play games anymore unless they have brand new systems, with brand new everything. My computer is totally up to date, I have sent a my system information to dr felix a few times and no new resolutions have been forthcoming. I really feel that big fish game developers need to step back and give us games that work. This is becoming too frequent and if you can play the game, good for you, but I will not be buying too many more games from here I think, so sorry to say, but the run problems are all to frequent and I am not in a position where I can just go out and by a new system or new cards, etc, etc. Please developers, consider everyone when developing games, I love hog's, but finding it harder and harder to get them to run, it's not fair.

I'm having the same problem. Can't get the demo to run, at all! Seem to have had a few issues recently with buggy games. All in all, One of the reasons that I like Big Fish is that the website loads quickly, making it a cinch to browse from page to page (game to game). That to me, is priceless. Also, the caliber of games has been superb. But, lately I've experienced a myriad of issues that detract from my confidence in the brand. Hopefully, all will be resolved. Progress, not perfection.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 11, 10 10:50 AM
SR13 wrote:Just like Mum26, Wolfrun_cb1, cbardezbain, qwerty4 & others, I also can not get this game to even open.
I enjoyed previous Flux Family games & was looking forward to this one- very disappointing. I will stick with BFG because you do have plenty of good games that do run, but this is getting all too frequent.

Me too. Can't even get into it.

kckvic
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by kckvic on Jun 11, 10 11:35 AM
sbch wrote:
jeffory wrote:I played the demo and it worked just fine but when I bought the game and it went back to where you go down the stairs in the library it will not go downstairs it will not do anything except give me the blue clouds for clicking too many times.......

i am having same problem?

same here, demo played fine, got the to point in the library to go downstairs, stopped game and bought it and it opens up at the stairs but won't let me go down.........only sparkles......have uninstalled and reinstalled but same thing happens..........great game up till now..........

edited to say that i had to restart my game under a new profile to progress past the staircase.........

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 1:18:09 PM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 11, 10 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,

We see that some users are seeing blockages when switching from the Demo to Full version at the point where they enter the rabbit hole. It might look like the stair case is gone, or that the stair case is there with sparkles.

There are a couple of things that may help:

1. Sometimes simply clicking in the area where the stair case was if it is missing will allow you to progress.

2. If that doesn’t work, you might have to start a new profile on the full version to get past that.

We will be working with the developer to get fix for this, but in the mean time, try those two solutions to see if you can back to playing the game.

Thank you so much for your patience, we will post any updates!

bfgTigris

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 11:42:25 AM PST

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Jun 11, 10 11:57 AM
Same problem as others @rabbit hole site. Bought the CE and wouldn't let me progress past that point. I re-started the game with a new profile and .......... NOW, my cursor has developed a mind of it's own. Trying to even GET to the rabbit hole is a no-win situation. Have to skip the puzzles because I have no control over what I want the cursor to do, and the overall game play is in "slow motion" mode. How frustrating - have already contacted CS concerning the rabbit hole problem so guess I now have to register ANOTHER complaint. Never had this happen before, especially after having no problems during the demo with the exception of the rabbit hole.

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Jun 11, 10 12:32 PM
I had a problem with a black inch and half strip on the top of my screen. I just went back to the game and when I click on the icon my screen starts blinking off and on. I had to shut down to get out of it. I am beginning to believe there is a code somewhere in the game that is messing it up, maybe the HD part, don't know, just guessing. It is a shame that they have taken a great game and it is totally messed up. I will have to start demoing every game from BF to make sure it plays. I just deleted the game. Waiting for a fix.

Susanlb10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Susanlb10 on Jun 11, 10 2:50 PM
Reading through all these posts, it really seems like this game isn't going to work any time soon. I did send in my Dr. Felix report, but my drivers are up to date. I am a little surprised that BFG is so laid back about this - but since you were happy to take my money, and the game doesn't work, I now would like a refund please. How do I go about getting that??

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Jun 11, 10 2:51 PM
I played the demo just fine except I had to use task manager to exit. Tried to open it again today to finish the demo and purchase and I get nothing but a black screen. This is really starting to frustrate the devil out of me. 5th big game I have been unable to play..... something is wrong with the game and/or manager if it plays fine one time and then doesn't the next.

[Post New]by Tishy1958 on Jun 11, 10 3:36 PM
tizza wrote:I played the demo perfectly. Graphics were bright and beautiful. Music fine. Cursor worked.
SO, I made the decision to purchase. WRONG DECISION. I am at the point where the demo ended and I cannot go further. The sparkles are over the staircase going down, but I cannot go down. Nothing is happening. If the demo worked perfectly why has the game simply stopped? I had no problems downloading. The title page comes up, so does the menu, then the reloading owl, the music is fine. The scene opens in the library. The hint system is working, and the little girl when clicked upon, directs you to the staircase. BUT I cannot go down. Nothing happens.
Again, please note everything worked perfectly in the demo. No glitches, no hint of a single problem. Surely if there was a problem it would have shown up in the demo.
Is it possible, there is a hitch in the program, at that exact section? It seems quite a few people are unable to go down that stairway. Maybe the developers need to look at that part of the game.
It is a beautiful looking game, and the story is intriguing. Shame if we cannot play it and have to return it. Will wait this week (hopefully) for a fix. Disappointed.

Go to: