KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 12, 10 1:31 AM
One of those sophisticated, well done games most of you are hoping/wishing for. I doubt anyone can argue that it is worth the $6.99 or a game credit. Great game, well done, spooky, great graphics and appropriate music.

Lj.brit - commented that the game had a lot of techical problems ages ago when she beta tested it and hoped the reason it took so long for the release is that the bugs had to be worked out. You'll all be happy to know that I was asked to test it just last week and it ran flawlessly. At least for the first hour it did

What did I miss? Someone mentioned an abbreviated DEMO version? I downloaded the demo and it was 102meg. That is abbreviated?

Capthowdy64 - I can understand how frustrating it must be for you. But why do you make it sound like it is BFG's fault that you are having problems? Yes, at times there are games that have a problem straight across the board. But in this case, what makes you think this is a BFG MAINTENANCE issue BFG? Doesn't it make you wonder why YOU have sooo many problems and the rest of us don't? Hmmm - maybe it's on your end, not BFG? I have purchased over 200 games since last October (plus some that I demo'd but did not buy) and I have never had the need to contact CS with any problems.

I think we can all thank our lucky stars that they are willing to work with their customers in such detail as pointing people in the direction of updated video drivers and what ever else the Dr. Felix test is for. But I don't think you are being fair to BFG. As you read, the rest of us are not haveing the problems you are experiencing. Could it be that most computers do not have the compatibility issues yours seems to have?

For the rest of you - enjoy the game, It's a good one and a keeper,
KIW0612

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 12, 10 1:35 AM
Love this game. Yes the scenes are dark but so far nothing is so small that i could not find what I needed. and that is saying something with these old eyes. Some scenes i forgot to look for the clover. The graphics are wonderful and clear. As for this being a CE, the main reason I buy CEs are for the Stratagy Guide, and so far it has not been needed. There are loads of hints but i have only used one. It does not seem to be a penalty for over clicking. Again, I have not tested for that. I do like that if I am not sure what an object looks like, I can click on the item and the shape will show in the lantern under the Crow.

This is a definate buy for me and I look forward to several hours of enjoyment and play.

Thanks BF for again providing a great game.

pat

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 12, 10 1:40 AM
Just bought this game, demo installed & played fine, so far no problems. Looking for ward to playing the whole game.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jun 12, 10 1:46 AM
I just finished playing the demo and I truly did like it. Was very surprised that my demo hour seemed like 15 minutes. I got "into" the game quickly and jumped a couple of times which made me laugh.

So far the only thing I don't like is all the words of conversations between people is all written out. I would rather that it had real voices...instead of me having to read everything.

The graphics and music are excellent. Exceptional. Yes, some of the objects are hard to find if they are in a dark area, but you can click all you want with no penalty. I like how two things can be brought together and used. I was looking in one place for the canoe...looked all over and was so surprised to find it where I did and how big it got after being taken from............

Am I going to buy it? You betcha!!! It is fun, thrilling, well done, high quality. I give it 5 stars..... ...which is the best! Be prepared to jump out of your seat once in awhile. You are going to love this game.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 12, 10 1:57 AM
Slight spoiler!

goofyduck77 wrote:Are they going to have a walkthrough for this? Once again with these types of games, i'm stuck, the hints are useless and I have no way of knowing what to do next. Got the shovel put together, I don't mind finding objects in different areas if it makes sense and the hints tell me where to go but I used up all six hints trying to find out how to get into the buildings because all I got was the image of the big guy in the graveyard

Hey goofy...

Try taking that shovel to the big guy the hints are pointing you to.

[Post New]by HOGaddiction on Jun 12, 10 1:58 AM
How long ????

Played demo - ran out after about 40minutes

I think the screen said 20 % finished, thus maybe 3 hours plus unlockable **** areas, please let me know as currently looks like a purchase for me but not completely sold yet

Sitting on a fence waiting (getting painful)........

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 12, 10 2:00 AM
KIW0612

Thank you for your comments in regards to not blaming BF MAINTANCE for a computer problem. In the almost 3 years I have been a member here, I have only had to contact Customer Service once. They ran Dr Felix and I needed to download an updated driver for my video card. I recently had to use a loaner laptop which was at least 5 years old. I did not have any problems downloading any games, but sure did have problems running some games. It just did not have the ability to handle them.

Again, Thanks for standing up for BF. They are a great bunch of people. I live in Seattle and have had the privilege of going to BF offices on several occasions to test some games. They are very hard working, gracious people.

Pat

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jun 12, 10 2:16 AM
I bought the thing without playing the demo and had no problems what so ever. In fact I have never had a problem with downloading anything.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Jun 12, 10 2:51 AM
looks great download no prob, have played a bit and will buy, i am i bit worreid about no walkthrough, do we have to buy the quide? hope not, any one know the lenth of this game?
been with big fish about four years and had little troubles, when i have they service well ,keep it up be lost with out you, sandy

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jun 12, 10 3:39 AM
Love this game, however if you do not like to jump scenes or look for HOGS in dark scenes this game is not for you. I run windows 7 and had no problems with downloading. Just 30 min into the demo I knew I wanted to buy it. Just a note, 4 leaf clovers are hard to spot, and I found qty 2 in one scene. This game also has no timer and it appears you can click as much as you like. If you have played games like this in the past you will not have any problems on figureing out what to do next.

I hope this helps a little on anyone deciding if they want to try or buy the game

Have a great day everyone

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 12, 10 4:19 AM
bribling wrote:
I thought the next game in this series was supposed to be "The Raven"?

Bribling - "The Cat" - as it is shown in the bought CE. I played the Beta, and it's stunning...

Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? May be it's ready yet now?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 10 4:22 AM
So far so good! I have played about 50 minutes of the demo and I am ready to buy this one. I like the balance of the hidden object scenes with the adventure game play. The artwork and overall look of the scenes is excellent. However the game is meant to be spooky and hence the scenes are on the dark side. That is great for atmosphere but sometimes hard on the eyes.

The music is eerie and the sound effects are good and not too obtrusive or irritating. It would have been nice to have voice acting as well as the dialogue boxes. The story is interesting so far and is a nice compliment to the game play.

The adventure part of game moves along with the aid of the changing cursor which beckons you to investigate new areas. Your interactions and conversations with the various ghosts also will open new areas to explore. There is a map section to the journal. Does that mean we might get lost? The journal has important information and clues to moving along in the game, so reading it will be helpful.

There are usually some of the items on the hidden object list that are inside or under other items in the scene. Unfortunately those items are not indicated as being doubly hidden in the list. So you may spend a lot of time looking for an item that is not visible until you happen to run your cursor over its hiding spot.

I like the hunt for the clovers in each scene. I have found 13 so far and it is early in the game. When you find 50 of the clovers you will unlock an unlimited hidden object play mode.

You get your hints by finding the ravens in each scene so it appears that the hints in this game will be limited. This is a scary prospect since you never know what difficulties lay farther into the adventure. I will be careful about using the hints and hope I will be able to always keep some in reserve. You can click on an item in the list and then click on the hint lantern to see a silhouette of the item without using a hint. This is helpful and perhaps will make up for the limited hints. The hint lantern turns into a Skip button when you have to solve any puzzles.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 10 4:23 AM
You might want to check out the Achievements on the main menu. When you go into this page you can scroll over each of the 12 achievements to see what you have to do to earn them. It looks like this feature will be good for challenging yourself on subsequent plays through the game. Some of the hidden objects do change in the scenes on subsequent play or if you play as another player, which is another plus if you play the game again.

This game seems to be a very good value for the price especially if you try to earn all the 12 achievements. It will be interesting to see how many clovers there are in the game. It takes 50 to unlock the unlimited HOG mode, which is one achievement, but there is also another achievement for finding “all” the clovers in the game.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jun 12, 10 4:30 AM
Hi everyone!!

I was so excited when I saw the game was the TGT. I loved the Edgar Alan Poe game. I was able to download and install the game just fine. However, when I tried to play the game I got a black screen, but nothing happened. I had to hit the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys. I was then able to exit the game. There was an error message that I could not understand. Something about time. I tried it a second time..same thing happened! So I rebooted my computer and that did the trick. So if anyone is having problems with the game, try rebooting your computer and see if that works before you contact BFG or uninstall the game.

This is a great game!! I jumped a couple of times too and had to laugh. The graphics are awesome. Clear and sharp. The sounds and music fit the game perfectly. It has a scary and spooky atmosphere which I like in a game. The game has a little bit of a challenge to it, which I like also.

I sometimes didn't know where to go next so I just clicked around areas. A couple of times I had to do a hidden objects area to find what I needed to complete something in the Inventory. I was then able to move forward.

I bought the game 30 minutes into the demo with a punch card credit. It's well worth that!!

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Jun 12, 10 4:51 AM
govegril wrote:
Keziah000 wrote:OK... so why is this not a CE?

I was wondering, perhaps the developer chose to keep the CE exclusive to their site - or maybe they cancelled the CE?

Well I for one am glad it's not

Me too Govegril! I'll just keep my big trap shut!

Fantastic game.... Bought it in a heart beat.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Jun 12, 10 5:47 AM
What's a CE?

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Jun 12, 10 5:58 AM
Pinky 559---CE: Collectors Edition

OMG! Love the game! Download & played the full hour w/out any problem.
Kinda glad no walkthrough yet, Made is 15% done on my own noggins.
Had a couple OMYGOSH! moments--this is good, nothing too too scary It's game afterall
Music is appropriate & sound effects awesome(I hardly ever have it on--glad I did)
love the raven hints (can be used 3 ways)
Totally awesome not click penalty
no timer YAH!
the clover thing is decent--keeps you on your toes

5 of 5

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 6:00:23 AM PST

[Post New]by trueangel02 on Jun 12, 10 6:37 AM
help how do you get the safe open i figured out what the code should be but cant get the safe to open.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 12, 10 6:38 AM
Ok going on general opinion I'm going to bite the bullet and for the 1st time... buying this with out demo

I trust you all ....I think ...lol

[Post New]by trueangel02 on Jun 12, 10 6:39 AM
you canfind a piece of coal in the room with the engine boiler its on the bench to the left

Go to: