galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials forum

[Post New]by galotter on Jun 12, 10 4:02 PM
Just a quick note I hope is helpful. Despite multiple deletions and redownloads, updating and turning off all fire wall and virus protection software, I was unable to start the game (the old 'access violation' issue). It downloaded fine, but would not start.
I am playing on Windows Vista, and using Norton Security.

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jun 12, 10 4:14 PM
galotter wrote:Just a quick note I hope is helpful. Despite multiple deletions and redownloads, updating and turning off all fire wall and virus protection software, I was unable to start the game (the old 'access violation' issue). It downloaded fine, but would not start.

Hey, I switched to 'silent running" and it worked fine ! Woohoo!!

Sylviald
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Sylviald on Jun 12, 10 5:16 PM
Howatch wrote:I have Avast antivirus and have never had any conflicts with it and BF games/downloads. Be sure to always go to the Avast icon in the toolbar, right click, and see to it that "silent/gaming mode" is checked. This might help with possible conflicts.

Wonders never cease - i ticked the Avast "silent/gamimg mode" (which I didn't lnow about before) and now I can play Shutter Island which had locked up on me before and i had never got around to uininstalling.
Thankyou so much
Sylvi...

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jun 12, 10 5:32 PM
galotter wrote:
galotter wrote:Just a quick note I hope is helpful. Despite multiple deletions and redownloads, updating and turning off all fire wall and virus protection software, I was unable to start the game (the old 'access violation' issue). It downloaded fine, but would not start.

Hey, I switched to 'silent running" and it worked fine ! Woohoo!!

Damn.
Bought the game, and the same error immediately started cropping up the first time I tried to play. Silent running was set for a day, should have been fine.
Restarted computer, deleted and re downloaded, set and reset silent running, still no go. Any suggestions?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 12, 10 5:33 PM
Great news, Sylviald!!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 12, 10 6:52 PM
mercyone wrote:Go back until you get to the tree and there you'll find the cane.

Where around the tree. I went back to the white tree by the stream and the fork in the road and did not see a cane. I clicked all over the place and no cane. Good thing there is no penalty for clicking.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 12, 10 7:20 PM
mercyone wrote:Go back until you get to the tree and there you'll find the cane.

I went back to the tree by the stream and fork in the road and did not see any cane. I clicked all over the place and no cane. Please, where is it at the tree? Good thing they do not penalize you for clicking.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 12, 10 7:22 PM
Please excuse 2 messages from me. I did not think the first one would appear. I just bought this game and am starting to regret it. I cannot go anywhere until I find the cane for the 3rd person at the hotel.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 12, 10 7:39 PM
Just checked out the strategy guide. I think I will buy it since I used one of my game rewards to pay for the game. The cane is nowhere in the scene of my game. It should be below the tree according to the guide. Guess I will have to start a new game and see if it appears then. If not, sheesh, another game with a glitch. Yuk.

dspsunrise
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dspsunrise on Jun 12, 10 10:38 PM
bpurdurm2-I think the cane was in the trunk of the tree (if I remember right) looking almost like the start of a branch.

I'm not having any technical difficulties at all. I just finished the demo and downloading the full game. I loved the 1st midnight mystery and so far really like this one. So far. all the way around! Happy gaming everyone!!!!!!

[Post New]by snoesje_49 on Jun 13, 10 2:04 AM
Good morning everyone,
I am a 60 years old woman in the Netherlands. I love to play games like this one, I like puzzles en especially a bit difficulties.

Already tried a lot, but also bought some games, andc earned a free one.
I have lots of work to do, but when I'm free I play games.
This game is the best untill now.

regards,

Irene
[i]

ourbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ourbar on Jun 13, 10 8:16 AM
WOW! I was hoping for the walk-through but I am so proud of myself. I am up to 98% complete without the help!!! Now to take a rest. A lot of searching and going back and forth but it is a great game. One I will go back and play again after time passes. I do that with Mystery Case Files Dire Grove a lot. LOL
Enjoy folks, I know I am.
PS: Gotcha beat there I am 73 ha ha

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 8:18:35 AM PST

[Post New]by MamaG7 on Jun 13, 10 8:30 AM
I'm in the court house and the game won't let me leave the area, it keeps telling me to find the desk... Hints are telling me there is a desk... the only desk is in the court room with the wig and nothing by the books.... No symbols telling me to use something in the inventory... Anybody running into the same problem or have the solution..... No walk through..... ; - (

[Post New]by justgramma on Jun 13, 10 10:26 AM
beck77 wrote:hi guys, i am stuck on the train trying to find something to rub onto the paper on the desk to be able to see morse code message, where is it?? i have been trying to work it out for a while now.

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Jun 13, 10 10:38 AM
Another very frustrating game by Big Fish. I feel like I am going in circles and not being able to find a way out. Sorry I bought this one!

[Post New]by paws157 on Jun 13, 10 10:40 AM
I solved the coin puzzle on the rug and the bag of coins appeared but when I went to crab it, it sent me to the other office and when I came back the coins were gone. I really can't move on because I can't give the Englishman the coins. Has anyone had this problem?

cmmerritt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Need help with Morse code

[Post New]by cmmerritt on Jun 13, 10 10:41 AM
I found the morse code book and opened it and rubbed charcoal on the paper but cant read what is on the paper. I know I am supposed to find the code by using the book but HOW if the writing is so dark and smudged its unreadable. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks for any help

Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Siberian_Gold on Jun 13, 10 11:04 AM
Hi there!
Wasn't there supposed to be also a CE release for this game? Any news?
Thanks + congrats because the game is so much fun.
Larissa

[Post New]by cshinjax on Jun 13, 10 11:07 AM
paws157 wrote:I solved the coin puzzle on the rug and the bag of coins appeared but when I went to crab it, it sent me to the other office and when I came back the coins were gone. I really can't move on because I can't give the Englishman the coins. Has anyone had this problem?

This where I'm stuck. How did you solve the coin puzzle on the rug???

[Post New]by cshinjax on Jun 13, 10 11:10 AM
ourbar wrote:WOW! I was hoping for the walk-through but I am so proud of myself. I am up to 98% complete without the help!!! Now to take a rest. A lot of searching and going back and forth but it is a great game. One I will go back and play again after time passes. I do that with Mystery Case Files Dire Grove a lot. LOL
Enjoy folks, I know I am.
PS: Gotcha beat there I am 73 ha ha

I'm 53 and love these games. Glad to see there are others older than me who love it. My mother is 72 and loves to play, too, but not these so much since they're so complicated.

Go to: