shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:4 Elements - New Version Now Available

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 17, 09 5:39 PM
KimbaGirl wrote:You're kidding -- that Mac version IS the new one? I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and will never finish it. How disappointing that at the end it turned into yet another twitch game (which I always avoid due to my wrist problems). The same with Azada. Big waste of money. Such a pity, as i really loved 4 elements up until level 63!

No kidding -- the Mac version was released after the fix for the PC version, so it has the moified (easier ??? ) version. I even e mailed Playrix to inquire -- that is how I found out. The Playrix rep did say the changes were not that dramatic. I would have really hated trying anything harder!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 17, 09 5:57 PM
What a coincidence, I was just using 4E as an example on another thread about skip buttons and/or timers, how very frustrating never getting to finish L64 or getting the end of the story.

Maybe I do have the rebuild and don't know it, following a pc crash this year I had to reinstall all my games. Just never opened the game to start over with no history in registry. But laptop must still be old version. Thanks! I'll shut up and try it again.

Yes, Paradise Quest is similar for an oddball M3, moving board. Wished so long BF offered it I finally bought it somewhere else, sorry BF. If you like 4E try PQuest.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 17, 09 11:18 PM
I DID IT!! I DID IT!! That'll teach me to read the forum more often, took a year to find out about the revision of 63,64. The fairy and Mage lauded me for my "courage and valor" for seeing it thru to the end LOL. In all humility, I'd say it was my and many other complaints that caused some roadblocks to drop away and the rebuild gets all the credit.

Thank you thank you, appeared to me the timer was just slowed down, or I had better luck making bombs on 63. I thought I had conquered 63 and stuck at 64 last year (over and over). Maybe I had changed names and that time got only up to 63. Anyway, 64 was a real bonanza, blasts going off everywhere LOL. The timer barely moved at all.

At last I got to read the Epilogue and congratulate myself too just for seeing this thread today and reloading. Yes, saved prior game on laptop. Now I gotta do it again on the pc, then start over on Level 1 just khowing I can do it. Oh HAPPY DAY!

[Post New]by kokitty on Nov 12, 09 6:39 PM
I played this game a few times and then I started getting the following message:

Error: Access violation at 0x006261FE (tried to read from 0x0000000C), program terminated.

I uninstalled and then installed the newer version and am still getting the above message. I have a few games that I'm getting messages like that with. the numbers are different but it's still an access violation error. I have done everything that BFG has told me to do and nothing is working. If this can't be fixed I would like to either have my money back or credits for the games that I'm getting the error messages with. I like these games and would rather be able to play them. Can anyone help with this/these issues?

[Post New]by ddsandljs3 on Jun 11, 10 7:42 AM
shorenuf wrote:
AnnieRose wrote:Is this new version available in Mac format?
I just got to level 63 and was disappointed by the bad game design.
Why do this to the players?

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Mac version has always been the revised, easier game.
There is more discussion and hints for conquering the last two levels in this thread: 4 Elements - last level - SO Mean -- http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/6092.page

Just keep trying -- you will be ble to get through those last two levels!!

Good luck!

[Post New]by ddsandljs3 on Jun 11, 10 7:44 AM
Is there any more progress on getting past level 63? I've tried everything short of starting over from the beginning. I am using an imac.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 14, 10 12:31 AM
ddsandljs3 wrote:Is there any more progress on getting past level 63? I've tried everything short of starting over from the beginning. I am using an imac.

Back in '08 BF moderator, bfgErie, issued a statement regarding replacing the game: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/10053.page

Hope it works for you!

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Aug 31, 10 1:58 PM
Yay! Thank you BF, for this new version. Now I was able to finish the game. Had to play last level twice though, not because it was too hard, simply because it is a long level. Great game - I wish there were more games like this!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 23, 12 9:49 AM
Really enjoyed 4 Elements II so I decided to try this one, without using the demo. It is enjoyable but there is no option in this one NOT to play a timed game. If I wanted stress, I would go back to work. I play games to relax, so I am bitterly disappointed in that. Also, what is with having to close the book every time you complete a level? THAT is annoying. Also, even with 4 elements II, the objects are difficult to find, but this game is almost impossible. Even when I break down and use the HINT key, I'm not sure where it is so I just click in that area and something happens.

If you are considering a purchase, go with 4 Elements II...much more fun and relaxing.
Both these game are very long and take awhile to complete so be prepared...they are very addicting. I am still paying...decided to take a break since I timed out AGAIN!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 17, 12 6:49 PM
Very, very unhappy with Level 63! I have tried reading the Forum, Live Chat, looking up Level 63 on the internet and NOTHING works for me with this Level! I even had my husband try it because he is much better at games than I am and he couldn't do it either I don't like games I can't finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montimari
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by montimari on Jan 20, 13 11:58 PM
i bought this games some wekk ago. is this a new version? tks

4 elements

[Post New]by starrly on Sep 30, 13 3:43 AM
Will this be come available for android soon? I playec it on my mum's ipad and it rocked! Im hoping its available for android or if someone knows and android game like it? I already have season match and call of Atlantis
Please help

HotTuna
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by HotTuna on Oct 24, 13 4:31 PM
Aha! No wonder I was able to finish! I deleted this game years ago because I couldn't finish it. After playing the new 4 Elements game, I thought I'd try this older game again. And I finished it Now I find out it's because they made it easier- I thought it might be the newer computer has a better graphic card. Still a beautiful game and I enjoyed playing it.

Go to: