bruser
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by bruser on Jun 12, 10 10:42 AM
i like this game so far, but can't find the cane for the old man?

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jun 12, 10 10:51 AM
I posted earlier and "my posts" shown evidence of that, but it is not included here. Maybe I said too much about a hidden canoe. Oh well...just want you to know that I think this game is great.

It is spooky, eerie, and made me jump out of my skin a few times. The graphics are outstanding and the music is fitting and haunting and adds to the game.

The only part I did not care for in the game was the lack of real voices...you have to read the conversations. But everything else makes up for that.

I give this game stars...five of them...meaning it is super great.

Get ready for drama, spookiness, and be sure and watch over your shoulder.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jun 12, 10 11:18 AM
I took the plunge and bought this without trying first - and so far it was a good move!
Love the graphics, the story is my kind of thing and it looks as tho' there's an element of CE extras included - bargain!

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Jun 12, 10 11:21 AM
OMG Loved this game immediately! Made me cry out loud several times with shock at the sudden graphics. Definitely will burn one of my credits for this game. Thank you so much for the effort.

Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Mystic16Mom on Jun 12, 10 11:31 AM
Love this game, just finished up my hour and am now buying. Great graphics, love the find the clover and crows. Well, download is done, I am off to play! trishinomaha1 hit it on the head about Saturday chores! Enjoy all.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jun 12, 10 11:50 AM
I have a tendency to multi-task while playing games so if a game is taking others 4 hrs to complete, it often will take a week or more for me to finish. No timers for this fishy!
This one looks right up my alley, a little HOG, a little adventure, great graphics, and extra stuff like the clovers. Downloading to purchase now!

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jun 12, 10 11:59 AM
Really love this game. Credit worthy for sure!

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jun 12, 10 12:12 PM
whoa..what a great game!! This is one of the best of the best. I know when I have to use a pen and paper for notes and such that the game is really a mind bender!
Don't know for sure how long time wise because I keep taking breaks but its definitely not short. Love, Love, Love this game!!

born2camp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by born2camp on Jun 12, 10 12:51 PM
I think I am really going to enjoy this game, however, right now I am stuck in the train car, with the paper full of coal to disclose the morse code cant go further like there is something else I have to do and also the safe, cant find the code and the branch stuck at the door? help anyone?

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jun 12, 10 1:11 PM
This was the first time I've ever had to change my screen resolution with a BFG. I have a 24 inch monitor so the games never fill the screen but at least take up a good portion.
At first the game looked like I was playing on a Nin DS. Hubby suggested changing my screen resolution and it worked perfectly.

That said, this is an awesome game. Very immersive and different. The first mini puzzle I encountered was easy but hopefully those get harder along the way. Those little clovers are tough to find! No penalty on clicks so the small objects don't bother me.
Best graphics I've seen in awhile. Must buy!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 12, 10 1:16 PM
born2camp wrote:I think I am really going to enjoy this game, however, right now I am stuck in the train car, with the paper full of coal to disclose the morse code cant go further like there is something else I have to do and also the safe, cant find the code and the branch stuck at the door? help anyone?

Hi Born2 camp

If you read the thread "Have Code Book on Desk" you will see the solution to this part of the game.

Happy gaming.

C

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jun 12, 10 1:30 PM
Wow! A must-buy for me. Fantastic graphics-made me jump a couple of times! The way you have to combine items in your inventory was hard for me to get used to at first. Hidden object scenes IMO are not too easy. Skip option available for puzzles. I have to wait until I get home from work to play...sigh...!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 12, 10 1:34 PM
Well I am another one that bought the game without trying the demo and I am glad to say that things worked out very well.

I have just completed the game and even though it was darkish graphics and I had to use a magnifying glass a couple of times, I managed to see well enough to play the game ... well except for the clovers that is . I got so engrossed in the game that I forgot to collect them and ended up with only 38 out of the 50 but I am sure I would have needed the magnifying glass to find them all.

This game is well worth every "penny" of the $ 6.99 and I would like to congratulate all the people who made it such an enjoyable game to play. Thank you.

C

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jun 12, 10 2:22 PM
I have just one word for this game...AWESOME! Yet another fantastic Midnight Mystery!!!!

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 12, 10 3:03 PM
I do like this one.I loved the first and they made so many improvemnets over that one.I kinda like the collecting of the clover also.Graphically,it's a lot better.Plus,they kept the same basic formula here.I have not been disaponted.I need to go ahead and get this one

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 12, 10 3:28 PM
Great game! I wish Big Fish would provide more games like this one. I really like the frightening scenes in this. I am stuck on the books and clock puzzles. Not sure how to find the key to the judges chamber. This is so much better than the one they had yesterday which I purchased called Flux Family Mysteries and that cost $19.00. Please keep providing this kind of puzzle game. You have hidden objects in this game, but not so many that it becomes ad nauseum continous hidden objects. Love this game! Absolutely beautiful graphics as well.! Not sure if this is very historic, but I am going to look it up. As a teacher, these are great during the summer holidays to while away the hours. Thank you!!!!

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Jun 12, 10 4:48 PM
Played the trial demo for this game, and find that it is going to be on the order of Dire Grove! Which is great, and at same time frustrating! Am planning a few chores today, then will purchase it with one of my credits. It looks like it will be an awesome game! Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Jun 12, 10 5:19 PM
I also bought the game after playing the demo. Did not even check for comments which I usually do before I even demo it. so far am really pleased. The graphics are just fine, at least for me. Hints are easy to reload. Nice extra mini games. challenging imho...

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Jun 12, 10 5:30 PM
This game is very eerie and spooky but the design is well-done and flows nicely. As mentioned, the graphics are good and the developers have added many extras to make it interesting. Collecting the ravens and clovers, as well as the Achievements which unlock other challenges.

The story also includes some factual details pertaining to Nathaniel Hawthorne's life (Phi Beta Kappa key, etc.) which will be fun to find. Hawthorne was born in Salem, MA but, ironically, tried to disassociate himself from any connection with the Salem witch trials - even to the point of changing the spelling of his last name. Apparently one of his distant relatives was a judge during the time of the trials and Hawthorne wanted no part of that legacy.

In any case, this is a great game and could be replayed many times in order to maximize all of the 'Achievements'. I recommend it for anyone who is not put off by the dark, eerie atmosphere.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Jun 12, 10 5:32 PM
LizzieK, as usual, you have written a most excellent review and even outdid yourself on this one. Dang woman, you are good at this. Thank you for all the wonderful tips on what sounds like a fun game ahead. Man that's really going to help us out. Your reviews are just so much more complete and detailed than any others have ever been, imho. I'll be counting clovers and ravens too.

I'm wondering how this game compare's with the first one in the pond fishies minds. Is it as good or close to? I might just splurge for both of them. Everybody have fun and a good day tomorrow.

Thanks to all the pond fish for their interesting input and reviews. They have answered all the questions I had and I am hurrying away now to buy this.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 5:43:13 PM PST

Go to: