Have code book on desk

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Help-code doesn't work

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 12, 10 9:52 AM
dianaluna wrote:
ssa4 wrote:I have my code, but I can't get the lock to open either. Is there a certain way to open it? my numbers are 9288. Thanks for any help!!

I have the same problem. I already used the stethoscope on the safe-that's where I got the book. I looked up the code-mine is 9010-I used it and it still said, "Darn-wrong code." i checked and rechecked & this is definitely the code. I bought this game but I'm stuck. What am I doing wrong?

Just to double check Dianaluna, does your piece of paper have this code:

- - - - -
. - - - -
- - - - -

= 9010

Ssa4 ... Does your code say:

. . - - -
- - - . .
- - - . .

= 9288

If so then all you have to do is click on the catch on the book and it should open ... fins crossed.

jencollett
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Have code book on desk

[Post New]by jencollett on Jun 12, 10 10:49 AM
i haven't got coal

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 12, 10 1:14 PM
jencollett wrote:i haven't got coal

Go through the door on the right into the engine.

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Jun 12, 10 1:32 PM
Once you explained it.. I couldn't believe how simple it is...

Fishies... look at the smudges after you rub the charcoal, and after you have found the morse book... each rub line corresponds to a line in the book.. mine worked out to 1592... after an experienced kind fishie told me how it works.. I was brilliant!!!!

Thanks a heap.. it was driving me crazy

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 12, 10 2:13 PM
Okay, I must be losing my mind. I had the code wrong! Better get my eyes & my brain checked!

patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Have code book on desk

[Post New]by patskarma on Jun 12, 10 3:43 PM
annetterider wrote:I have the code book on the desk it is open and have rubbed the paper with the charcoal, nothing happened. Th book is open to the codes but I cant read the paper it just has black lines on it. Please help

Thank you

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Jun 12, 10 4:45 PM
After I finally figured it out I realized that I didn't need a closer look at the "lines" on the book. Those "lines" are the answer. They are smudged looking but are clearly dots and dashes. No need to get closer.

The code book tells you what your code is; you just need to step back and look at the "aerial" view".

notonce
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by notonce on Jun 14, 10 8:16 AM
Cherbtoo, I know what morse code looks like ,no dots and dashes show up, just a black patch where I rubbed the coal.

Go to: