PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Is playing at playme8 compulsory?

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Feb 9, 18 12:59 PM
afspam wrote:
I suspect that when you bought coins or gems you were providing your credit card info to the developers, not to BF.

I bought crystals a few times. Whether PM8 intercepted the credit card information I do not know, but my credit card statement always showed the money going to Big Fish Games.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Re:Is playing at playme8 compulsory?

[Post New]by afspam on Feb 11, 18 4:22 AM
PlusJenney wrote:
afspam wrote:
I suspect that when you bought coins or gems you were providing your credit card info to the developers, not to BF.

I bought crystals a few times. Whether PM8 intercepted the credit card information I do not know, but my credit card statement always showed the money going to Big Fish Games.

If the purchase shows BF, then it would have been them processing it. It is unlikely that PM8 would have been able to see it. When people make online purchases at my company, we never get access to the card number.

I just checked on the PM8 site, and they use Xsolla for payments. It's a company based out of California. Lots of bad reviews about this company. I suspect the problem mostly arises from people's cards being compromised elsewhere (often at fast food chains) and being sold within the gaming community.

Go to: