Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets - Todays DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 13, 10 1:59 PM
I thought I was going to like this as I LOVE HOG's especially with a story that fits the items you are looking for..... Having said that the Acorns were a royal PAIN, (I did get them though) and I also got penalized in the Coukoo clock part - Several times!! This is bad when the game is timed. And limited hints whats up with that? Also you get NO HINTS for the "bonus" plays but you have to complete them? I thought they were only there for you if you needed to get another hint?? The biggest drawback for me was the itsy bitsy items to find and how they color coordinated some items with the item it was hidden by (a BROWN IGUANA?? they're green!) So even though it is a good deal for 2.99 just too much frustration and EYE STRAIN for these old eyes!! Happy Gaming Fishies!

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 13, 10 3:22 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:
I like it!

Nice clean graphics.

Interesting story.

Nice music.

Funny character drawings.

Sold! To the lady down back, for $2.99!

Angel,
Thanks for the laugh-clever review! You sold me, too. But I'll play tomorrow-I just finished Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch trials & it was top-notch. I don't want to compare them so close. Also, the laundry is sure piling up around here. Sadly, playtime is over for today!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Jun 14, 10 1:07 AM
Wow! Tried this game and boy am I glad I did! Just love it! Nice graphics, requires patience finding items. Lots of areas to search. A very long game. What a steal at 2.99. Glad I bought it! Back to my new game...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 14, 10 5:13 AM
Just finished playing this game to the end . I think it's a good game.

Did not get stuck anywhere along the way, so that's good.

I did run out of time a few times, and had to redo some sets of locations because of it, but it was not tedious doing that. Object lists change, but the familiarity with the scenes gets you thru them faster the second time. Some games with repeating locations get really tedious by the end of them, but I did not have any such problem with this game - maybe because the scenes themselves are interesting and appealing to me.

I did have to save the optional tasks for last sometimes, to be sure I didn't run out of time from doing those. There are a few I still haven't figured out yet. But most of them I was able to do without running out of time. I like having the extra things to find if I want to - gives me something to do while I'm trying to spot some required item.

I don't think the mini-games at the end of each investigation can be skipped, and some of the carpal tunnel peeps may not be too happy about clicking repeatedly to spray the roses with bug spray or plant growing spray.

The worst part for me was trying to keep the story straight. With DD's and new releases to demo every day, the stories are running together in my head lol. The story was a real who-done-it, which is at least much better than those that are cut short with a cheap ruse or are "to be continued".

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 7:48:34 AM PST

Doggy_lover
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by Doggy_lover on Jun 14, 10 8:34 AM
Oh, geez. First of all, I gotta say that I was having a lot of fun with this game, and I like it. It's challenging, fun and the graphics are clear. Then I got to the tent that was inhabited by a bunch of cockroaches....running around.....as in, ANIMATED >_> I can handle any other bug, just not those. Now, I realize that a lot of games have them for some unexplainable reason, especially "horror" games. However, it's usually not more than one per hidden object scene, or, when there's a lot, it's usually in a very small part of the game that can be skipped/ignored. Not the case here. I know I'm being ridiculous, but I doubt I'll be able to finish the game.

[Post New]by lavonneann on Jun 14, 10 9:20 PM
I would like help with the candle shrine. Where do the buggers go?

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jun 15, 10 1:34 PM
lavonneann wrote:I would like help with the candle shrine. Where do the buggers go?

I'll offer a hint.

It is a pattern.

Think of the theme of the location.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jun 15, 10 1:49 PM
My Favorite Daily Deal thus far!

Like others, this game was too much for me when it first came out. I was a newbie. Its great for my level now though. Challenging but not too much so.

As for it being timed, I only ran out of time on one level. Other than that, I wasn't even watching the clock so I have no idea how much time I had to spare. It was much easier the second time through that level and not boring to redo.

I used a clue or two or sometimes more per level but I never used all of them up.

I liked the characters, the locations and the story and LOVED the length of the game. Nice and long and no abrupt ending either. It ended quite naturally, I think.
Don't you just hate it when out of the blue you turn a corner and the credits are rolling?!

This game is a little different than the rest and I really appreciate Big Fish mixing things up and giving us a nice treat like this game and at a bargain price too.
Very nice!

Frankly, its well worth the regular Big Fish price for those of you who missed it on its Daily Deal day.

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Jun 15, 10 8:11 PM
I'm having quite a bit of fun with this game.The hidden objects are just difficult enough to make it interesting. I often have to use a hint or two to find them all. I don't mind that some of the objects are tiny. Once you get used to finding those little ones, you begin to know where to look for them. For instance, bottle labels sometimes have a picture of a hidden object on them. I'm through six investigations so far, and I think there are 14. This will last me awhile!

Go to: