Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Burger Bustle Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Jun 13, 10 2:40 PM
I got an email to beta the game a few days ago and since I like time management games, I did so. I liked the game a lot and said I would probably buy it, but did point out one major issue - that on certain levels it is impossible to get a gold trophy because customers just won't order what you need to accomplish the level - even though all the necessary equipment has been bought (burger stations, etc...). When I saw the game was being released so quickly after the beta, I hoped they were just speedy in fixing this problem, but I tried playing the demo today and the same issues occurred on the very level (level 14) I had specifically mentioned in my beta comments.

Great to see that BigFishGames wants opinions, sad to see they don't take those opinions into account, particularly considering they are the ones that asked for the comments.

Won't be buying the game now, since the issue wasn't a difficult one to fix and it clearly shows they don't care how their games are functioning or malfunctioning, all they care about is the money.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 13, 10 3:18 PM
Probably the worst time management game I've played so far. It's just not fun at all.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 13, 10 4:43 PM
Svengoolie wrote:Probably the worst time management game I've played so far. It's just not fun at all.

Svengoolie,

All of your other posts here are about Adventure and Hidden Object games. Are you a time management hater? I am curious as to what other time management games you have attempted to play...

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 13, 10 4:53 PM
On another note, people seem to be awfully harsh in terms of the bug that prevents them from getting gold. As an avid and experienced time management player since the original Diner Dash was released back in 2004, I can see how this can be so frustrating. This is going to fixed, and the game obviously wasn't tested thoroughly enough. However, for people to get fet up and say they are not going to buy the game is a bit extreme, especially when it's an exclusive and the problem will be fixed...

When exclusive HOGs are released with bugs, people still buy them, or wait for the fix and then buy them....

Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Jun 13, 10 5:02 PM
DonnyDJ wrote:On another note, people seem to be awfully harsh in terms of the bug that prevents them from getting gold. As an avid and experienced time management player since the original Diner Dash was released back in 2004, I can see how this can be so frustrating. This is going to fixed, and the game obviously wasn't tested thoroughly enough. However, for people to get fet up and say they are not going to buy the game is a bit extreme, especially when it's an exclusive and the problem will be fixed...

When exclusive HOGs are released with bugs, people still buy them, or wait for the fix and then buy them....

Maybe I will buy the game, maybe not. What I find annoying is that they wanted people to beta it, then ignored the responses. Instead of being so quick to put the game out, maybe they should have fixed the issues that had been pointed out to them. It makes it seem like they didn't care about the quality of the game. If they did it right the first time and listened to beta comments, they wouldn't have to fix problems with a game that has already been released. Instead, they could put out a quality game the first time around that doesn't need such obvious fixes.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 13, 10 5:03 PM
Based on reviews, decided to give this game a try. I just spent the last 2 hours or so playing. It's not my favorite game but it is somewhat addicting. I had told myself I didn't think it would purchase it but when my trial ran out, my first thought was damn, I was trying to finish that level! LOL Needless to say, I'm the proud owner now.

Likes: I like that some things (such as serving to a customer) take one right click to dispatch. I like that you can hire more employees and choose where to concentrate their efforts. I like the variety of food & drink available and how quick it is to prepare them (1 click also). I like how you get new upgrades based on beating the names in the high score list.

Dislikes: Sometimes it's hard to tell who you still owe what to (in the customer queue). I get tired of dragging the burgers to the various stations (though I'm not sure how else you could do it since there are 3 types of burgers and 3 toppings). The tips you barely even hear and have limited time to grab them. Consistently, when I would get tips I would notice them just in time to see them vanish. Your eyes really never go up to that portion of the screen because you are too busy with orders. Also wish there was an audible sound to indicate when customers are starting to get mad so you could react to it. Actually, there might be but if there is, it isn't very distinctive to catch your attention.

Pretty fun game, not the best, not the worst. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jun 13, 10 7:20 PM
djjeny wrote:
mountfalcon wrote:More junk food - game to match; no originality, no fun, no sale.

Disappointing, then, that I am unable to get total satisfaction from this game. One of my main gripes (sufficiently annoying that it has thus far prevented me from purchasing) is that I seem unable to achieve a gold trophy on certain levels. This is not due to my own inadequacy, no... for example, in a level where I am required to sell so many of one type of burger, the customers simply do not order this particular burger until the gold time has elapsed, and so it is impossible for me to achieve the trophy.

I too find this annoying and it will prevent me from buying it.

If a certain thing has to be done to achieve gold then it is essential that the programmers ensure that the required number or whatever occurs before the gold qualification runs out. It is totally unfair to have a level that requires sheer luck rather than skill.

I am on one level now where I have to feed 5 types of people but what they are I don;'t know - I serve 3 in the first 20 seconds and I have no idea what is special about them but I don't get to serve another one of that type for oaver 5 minutes more (not once mind you but 4 times)

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amari on Jun 13, 10 7:29 PM
Great Review by Gloomy Sunday I agree wholeheartedly, this is one of the better TM games out there, its very enjoyable and it has good game play. The only annoying thing I can see apart from the gold tips disappearing at the top of the screen is that some levels (well one in particular - level 23) it is impossible to get gold, I am very competitive and I always get gold in a level or i go mad trying to get it! so for it to be so impossibly hard, it becomes very frustrating because you go so well in this level and then there is a 10 second break where there are no customers!!! How can you finish the level in 2 mins for gold when you have 10 seconds of no customers?

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Jun 13, 10 10:36 PM
I was wondering if this was by the same people that made Jewlaria? The voices and the sound effects remind me of that game.

I could not pass the last level of the first restaurant. There were not enough orders.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 14, 10 3:36 AM
I actually liked this game, the graphics were great and I thought the music was okay. This game has survival mode, relax mode, however those were locked, again assuming they will open upon completing the game. There will be an indicator that will show you the amount of money you have received for the level along with the smiles, which will show you how many you can earn for the level. You will have customers that will come into the restaurant and order a burger, a fish sandwich etc...for those customers that become impatient, you can give them candies. The customers will either dine-in or carry-out, for those that dine-in they will leave a tip once they leave. The tip will be above the table and will disappear, if you are not quick enough. You will need to hire new employees to help you with the counters, cheese, tomotoes and lettuce for those customers that prefer differents items on their burger or fish sandwich. There are awards to obtain along with upgrades. I finished the demo and I found this game to be very challenging, a buy for me. If you are a TM fan, I would recommend this game. Happy Gaming !!!

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 3:44:56 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 14, 10 6:04 AM
This is not due to my own inadequacy, no... for example, in a level where I am required to sell so many of one type of burger, the customers simply do not order this particular burger until the gold time has elapsed, and so it is impossible for me to achieve the trophy.

I experienced this same issue. At one point I was wondering if it was because I had employees at the side orders counters instead of the cheese/tomatoes/lettuce stations but as I was besieged with side orders, I didn't really have any choice. It's not just a few orders keeping you from the goal but I must have placed 100 consecutive side orders waiting for someone to order a burger.

wmtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

No Orders = No Gold/Silver = FRUSTRATING

[Post New]by wmtoo on Jun 14, 10 6:49 AM
I, too, was asked to beta the game and I, too, told them there's no way certain levels can be finished within the time range because the customers never order the product required. I thought - well, they put the game out - they must have addressed that, so I bought it. Hmmmm.... NO, this issue was NOT fixed and there are several levels that the player gets ripped off because you'll wait upwards of 5 minutes or longer for a customer to order the "right" thing so you can finish.

This, of course, affects your score and takes longer to move up the leaderboard and achieve awards/helps.

I like the game, but I'm considering lodging a complaint with my cc due to the program having bugs and no one seems to be working on it. I surely don't see any replies here... and they were most definitely told about PRIOR to them releasing it.

Annoying. And sad, considering it's actually kind of a fun game.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jun 14, 10 7:35 AM
I enjoyed the demo, but won't be buying it until the bugs are fixed. I do enjoy being able to get gold, and if it's simply impossible on some levels as it sounds, I will hold off on buying the game.

Shame really as I very much would have bought it straight away.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

No Orders = No Gold/Silver = FRUSTRATING

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 14, 10 8:53 AM
wmtoo wrote:I, too, was asked to beta the game and I, too, told them there's no way certain levels can be finished within the time range because the customers never order the product required. I thought - well, they put the game out - they must have addressed that, so I bought it. Hmmmm.... NO, this issue was NOT fixed and there are several levels that the player gets ripped off because you'll wait upwards of 5 minutes or longer for a customer to order the "right" thing so you can finish.

This, of course, affects your score and takes longer to move up the leaderboard and achieve awards/helps.

I like the game, but I'm considering lodging a complaint with my cc due to the program having bugs and no one seems to be working on it. I surely don't see any replies here... and they were most definitely told about PRIOR to them releasing it.

Annoying. And sad, considering it's actually kind of a fun game.

Ooh, I would also like to add... this annoying little bug wastes the time given of the demo... if we're too busy replaying a level trying to figure out how on earth to get gold, we waste our time playing and therefore can't decide to purchase. Hmm might seem like a stretch. Point is, you play the demo so you can make up your mind whether or not to purchase. I normally whizz through the demos quite quickly and therefore make up my mind quite quickly, however on this occasion the trophy/time thing baffled me as it wasn't anything *I* was doing wrong!

I'm disappointed to hear that the comments from beta-testers weren't taken on board pre-release as well. Jeez, if your testers are complaining about an issue, then you should know to fix it before you release otherwise all your CUSTOMERS are going to complain and that's not good. C'mon Big Fish... I thought you were better than this!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 14, 10 9:07 AM
Try shutting down the tutorial. That helped me

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Jun 14, 10 12:46 PM
It has so much potential if certain levels were at all attainable for the gold. That's why I love the Farm Frenzy games so much; gold on every level is possible if you simply keep trying different tactics. I have no problem playing a level over & over but I don't like when levels are clearly not "playing fair".

This game could be really fun if customers would ask for the items you need to supply to pass the levels (barely silver happens sometimes). When every customer asks for 2 doughnuts & you can only make one at a time & that's not even an item necessary for anything (other than customers' cravings, I suppose), it gets aggravating. Will someone please ask for a hamburger with the works? Please?

I already bought the game & have definitely enjoyed it my seven bucks' worth but It Could Have Been So Great!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 14, 10 1:24 PM
The game is from the same people how made "Jewelleria". I have betatested this game and loved it. I have played many cooking games but this one is different. I highly recommend it to all tm-lovers but if don`t like tm-games you should also try this game, maybe you like it too, you never know.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jun 14, 10 4:11 PM
Level 14 is impossible to beat. I think there was some mis-writing in the game there.

[Post New]by Blessed_T on Jun 14, 10 6:38 PM
I have a major complaint concerning the game. You must make it to at least the 8 position to unlock the survival mode. However, once I accomplished this feat. the game crashes on me every time I try to access the survival mode. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe can tell me what to do?

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 14, 10 7:32 PM
DonnyDJ wrote:
Svengoolie wrote:Probably the worst time management game I've played so far. It's just not fun at all.

Svengoolie,

All of your other posts here are about Adventure and Hidden Object games. Are you a time management hater? I am curious as to what other time management games you have attempted to play...

Actually, I've enjoyed the other ones I played, even the girly ones. Go-Go Gourmet, Hot Dog Hotshot, and Posh Boutique were all awesome. This one was not.

Go to: