MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 31, 18 7:58 AM
And yet ANOTHER boring and silly game, indistinguishable from all the others these days! And they added Mussolini to the mix, perhaps to try to fool us into thinking this was a game with historical significance? IL Duce is supposedly searching for the mythological Vulcan's Hammer to wreak havoc and win WWII..please!!! (face palm)

The graphics were a little flat and grainy, which would be fine if there was substance to the game, but this one is just another slow moving, tedious "pick up a thing and put it in the place it goes"!

No buy for me, I have better things to do with my time and money. Even with another sale where I could save a whopping 50% off the NON-Member price of $19.99 giving us loyal members a whopping $4.00 savings!

Three stars for being playable and a way to kill time for the bored!

Abs

PS. How many times are we each supposed to post in the Review thread?

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 8:55:25 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 31, 18 1:20 PM
According to what I had left of my demo time when I exited the game & deleted, I lasted fifteen minutes. During that time, I was presented w/ two mini-games, both of which involved playing three iterations of the same puzzle. In both instances, by the time I got to the third iteration, I skipped, because . I don't think I encountered a HOP during that time. The graphics were okay, not great, but not terrible. The storyline had the earmarks of being an involved one, given the amount of notes I'd found & read at that point. While I didn't last long enough to obtain any myself, I see from reading reviews on the sales page that we somehow acquire strange powers. O.O Nothing especially wrong w/ that, depending on how it's utilized, but it's one among many things that I'm starting to find kind of tiresome...oh look, I morphed into a super-being, oh look at this dandy magical amulet, oh look, I fed this small animal & it morphed into Lassie. Nothing against anyone who enjoys these things, & I can live w/ them myself if a game wows me in some way, but this one just didn't. I do, however, recommend the Endless Fables CEs from these same devs (Sunward). Happy gaming, all.

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 2:43:00 PM PST

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by divaprods on Jan 31, 18 5:41 PM
nanafraser wrote:As I said Id come back & share more after I played a while! Theirs a twist in the game that's surprising. I'm glad I purchased it! Seems to get better w/ time! I'm enjoying it!
If your not sure, wait for SE! Haven't gotten to the bonus chapter so cant tell if CE worth it yet!

This is the brighter game I have been waiting for. I'm also glad I purchased it.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 31, 18 10:10 PM
well, not a bad game, but not the greatest. For me, anyway. I'm finding it a bit tough getting through because a lot of the scenes are fairly dark and I have a hard time seeing some. Oh well, I will carry on and finish it. This one just does not have the "oomph" for me.

[Post New]by wilsonftct on Feb 1, 18 12:42 AM
Hi all loved this game but can anyone help with yesterday’s code at all

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Feb 4, 18 1:46 AM
I like brighter games. I don't much care about graphics and voiceovers and music (except I want the objects I have to find to not be blurry, smudged non-shapes). Achievements, collectibles, meh, whatever. Just give me a storyline that makes some sort of internal sense and a few puzzles to strain my brain a bit and I'm having fun.

Well, there's just no fun in this game. Get object in location A and use it 3 steps away in location B. Turn the dials until the pictures look right. Follow a path so you go through all the nodes and don't retrace your steps. Roll a ball through a maze by turning it. None of them took me more than 30 seconds. No challenge, no innovation...no fun! I played a whole 90 minutes waiting for it to get better, thinking they were starting off easy and getting harder as the game went on. Nope, no such luck.

If you like The Secret Order (the first 2 games), but thought it was WAY, WAY too hard, you'll probably like this. I guess it's not a bad game, per se, it just doesn't seem to fit the bill of "Puzzle" game.

Dragmire
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Dragmire on Feb 9, 18 8:23 AM
AWESOME, INSANE DEVELOPERS.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 12, 18 1:55 AM
One word.

Boring.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 16, 18 11:50 AM
I have other games by Sunward that I really have enjoyed. This is not one of them. I thought it would be something different, and the story line was fine, as were the graphics, but I couldn't get all the morphs because no matter how many times I clicked on some of them, I couldn't manage to click in the right place. I think there were 5 or 6 that were impossible to get.

The logic of the tools oftentimes escaped me. No, you can't use this small sharp thing, you have to use another small sharp thing - no, not that one either, get another. No you can't pry with this perfectly good prying tool, you have to wait until you get another that in reality, you wouldn't use at all. I dislike games that do this sort of thing. It wasn't fun, it was frustrating, and it goes on the list that is headed: NEVER TRY TO PLAY THIS AGAIN!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 3, 18 4:17 PM
cathybobcat wrote:What a horribly boring game...overwhelmed with puzzles. Couldn't get into this at all or finish the demo. Not even worth talking about it.

could'nt agree more!

Go to: