Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for King's Legacy

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 14, 10 4:41 PM
I haven't tried the game yet, but glad I came in here first to get the scoop. I too think it is very cool that the developer would take the time to see if people like their games. I have played Hotel and LOVED it. If Kings Legacy is anything like it I will love it too. Am glad to know in advance of my "free trial" that there are options to make it easier to manuever. Well download complete, I am off to the game!!!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 14, 10 5:52 PM
Ok back from my free trial.. First let me say that I own ALL of the Virtual Villager games, just bought Little Folk of Faery, and also own My tribe; so you know I like games where you build up your cities, banish bad guys, grow/pick your own food. Having said that, I too found this game frustrating. The tutorials were very brief at best and it took me the better part of having my castle attacked to figure out how to make the stupid potion. I also did what Ivan suggested and went to Free Camera before I even tried to play. I found that the prince moved pretty much at his own pace no matter if you double clicked or not. My screen shots (maybe because I used that "free camera" mode) were very foggy not at all clear graphics I was expecting. Also it took until I got to the 3rd village for the "spell stuff" to start sparkling so I knew what to try to pick up. I also hated that you could have 18 or 20 mushrooms/flowers and in the next "village" you started all over again with none!

So it will have to be a no buy for me. Too small of people to make it engaging, too frustrating (& I thought I had that issue beat buy reading the reviews first!) and to grainy/foggy in the day light scenes to make it fun.

Sorry Fishies Its a Total Thumbs Down

MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MichGal on Jun 14, 10 8:05 PM
I've only finished 5 levels, but this is what I think so far. Overall the game is a lazy thumb. It's not up, it's not down, it's just hanging around. LOL Kinda inbetween. I love the city building, but why do we always have to put things in designated areas? Why can't we just build where ever we want to? What's the point of being able to walk around all the land if you can't do anything with it?

I actually like how short the tutorials were. It's not like the game is much different than what's out there now. Maybe I'll need more tutorial help as the levels get harder? We'll see.

The graphics are good, I like the cartoon look of the game. I don't like that you can't zoom in and out.

I enjoy the night time. It's so peaceful. LOL

I agree with everyone about moving the guy an inch or so at a time. How irritating!!!

Well, that's all I have right now.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this game. It's the closest thing so far to what I'm looking for in a game.

Hey developer... can you make us a game like Knights & Merchants or the Cultures series? At least think about it before saying no. LOL

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 15, 10 12:04 AM
katy12250 wrote:Ivan, I've been very impressed with the games from your company that I've tried so far. (Have to get back and work on Hotel some more.) Great quality! And I really love the fact that you hang out in the forum to see what people are thinking & to answer questions.

Hi katy12250,
everybody in Cateia Games thank you for your kind words!
enjoy the game

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jun 15, 10 4:27 AM
Warning: May Contain Spoilers.

I played the 1 hour trial and I thought this was a cute little game. Very similar to Royal Envoy (I assume it was made by the same company) but this game was lacking in quality.
The movement was sluggish- I had to click multiple times on the space I wanted to walk to, but the space constantly moved. The camera angle was horrendous and kept moving (I only JUST found out that the camera angle can be changed in the settings). The narrator was quite clearly an automated speaking system, it wasn't too bad, but it certainly wasn't human!
The tutorial was not very helpful and I had to click on different things multiple times until I finally realised what I was meant to do and how I was meant to do it. (You have to click on the castle building to purchase blueprints for buildings, once you purchase a blueprint you can exit the castle building- click on a spare plot of land and choose the building you want to build.)
The music was very sweet, relaxing and happy. The graphics were clear and bright, but due to the camera angle, it was difficult to find where I was meant to be going.
There is no sort of tracking device on your villagers, so if one of them is sick- you have to roam about until you find them...and they like to walk away!
There is no time limit (at least, no visible form of time limit) so it's a very relaxed pace, but I found that it took the fun out of completing a task.
Potion making was very difficult and took me a while to realise how to do it:
There are Four collectable types of plants- A yellow flower, red flower, a red mushroom and an orange mushroom. Once you collect some (they shimmer green when they are ready for you to pick them up) you click on the tower building and can purchase spell recipes. This is the tricky part: Some of the recipes need the raw ingredients 'Powdered' or 'dried'. There is the availability to do this within the potions tower- click on the ingredient you want to powder and drag it to the pestle and mortar on the left hand side of the screen. Click on the ingredient you want to dry and you drag it to the stool on the right hand side of the screen.
Don't get me wrong- this was a fun game to play, but quite a few of the features irritated me. I don't think I will be purchasing this game, I would much rather buy Royal Envoy.
3 stars out of 5

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jun 15, 10 5:08 AM
I just want to comment on something I figured out. If you go from place to place and make sure the little green circle is around the plant sparkle area, and you can go from sparkle area to sparkle area, and click and the little Prince will follow it around. If you click on a building lot and continue on Prince will go in order. You really dont need to click on any place to get him to move, just click on the spot you want him to pick up. I found the potion making to be fun, after reading the potion you click on one of the big plants and figure out where to drop it to get the small plant, actually its pretty easy, just click once, then its easy to drag over where its supposed to be. If its not the right place, it wont accept it.

I did get stuck on making enough food, couldnt build a farm at level 5 and still didnt figure how to get more gold, after you pick it up at the beginning of the chapter.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 15, 10 5:24 AM
@MissMoraduke
to get more gold you need to trade for it with local merchant. you can sell your resources and he'll pay you in gold.
you can also buy stuff from him.

Leenie14
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Leenie14 on Jun 15, 10 7:02 AM
I finally figured out the mushrooms deal - but if I take too long, the tabs on the bottom go away and I have to exit the game and start it all over again. The tutorials really don't help that much.
Is this a glitch? Do I need to uninstall/re-install the game? I already bought it, and I'm feeling a bit disappointed.

[Post New]by xseaeaglex on Jun 15, 10 7:39 AM
I have downloaded this game from 3 different sites now, but i can't get further then the intro, after that all i get is a black screen. To bad, sounded like a very nice game.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 16, 10 12:04 AM
xseaeaglex wrote:I have downloaded this game from 3 different sites now, but i can't get further then the intro, after that all i get is a black screen. To bad, sounded like a very nice game.

I think you should contact BFG tech support as this sounds like you may have problem with video drivers or DirectX.

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Jun 16, 10 12:28 AM
I quite like this game but I'm not sure yet if I'll buy it. I'm halfway through the demo and seem to be 12% into the game, so I'm not sure about overall length and replay value.

I like the concept of these games though, with no time to feel pressured by. I do wish you could choose where to build your cottages etc, and also keep buildings as levels progress.

I'm having no glitches playing on my netbook, and after reading the advice here, I turned off the camera that lets it roll around all over the place. Big difference.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Jun 16, 10 2:10 AM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm really glad you like the game! I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games, the developer behind King's Legacy, and it's really great to hear nice reviews and comments.
Thanks!

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Jun 16, 10 2:44 AM
Ivanbral - What a fantastic game! As good as Shaman Odyssey! You guys are wwwaaayyy ahead of everybody! The key "no timer"!! You know I've wondered for the longest time why all of those "time management" folks do not design the timing element into their games by way of, giving one a choice? All of those games are wonderful, but it seems a shame that they are totally limited to those people who can tolerate operating under fire. Because I so enjoy those games, I have purchased a huge number, thinking that maybe I could get through it. Well, for the first part of the game, I'm doing fine and having great fun - and then "Bam" the timer becomes a huge factor and I'm finished! I keep going back over and over again trying different approaches, to no avail. So Sir - to you and all of yours ONE FANTASTIC JOB!! You-all have a rare quality. You obviously give your projects a great deal of fore thought. And the result is a game that will appeal to players with a wide range of tastes. Thank You So Much. Will be looking for the next one.

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 10:46:16 PM PST

[Post New]by wsun112 on Jun 16, 10 7:35 AM
My biggest complaint is how slow and sluggish the cursor moves!! I had read the comments but didn't realize how bad it really would be. I find it hard to enjoy the game because I can't make the prince move fast enough.

Your Comments and Review for King's Legacy

[Post New]by clg424 on Jun 16, 10 10:46 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of King's Legacy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 16, 10 11:09 PM
wsun112 wrote:My biggest complaint is how slow and sluggish the cursor moves!! I had read the comments but didn't realize how bad it really would be. I find it hard to enjoy the game because I can't make the prince move fast enough.

try to turn OFF any advanced options in settings. for example, "shadows", "water effects" etc. this will help a lot and the mouse cursor will move nicely.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Jun 18, 10 10:16 AM
Hi just thought I'd give this game a whirl, loved 'My kingdom for a Princess' with no timer its great. Just wanted to know if you can make another building from scratch, are you limited to the 3 plots available? Or are there some more elsewhere on the map? I haven't been able to make the area smaller, that option isn't available in settings.I can only go windowed and I would like to see more in front of me, less running around. Don't know how to go about that, if it's possible?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 18, 10 12:52 PM
ingeash wrote:Hi just thought I'd give this game a whirl, loved 'My kingdom for a Princess' with no timer its great. Just wanted to know if you can make another building from scratch, are you limited to the 3 plots available? Or are there some more elsewhere on the map? I haven't been able to make the area smaller, that option isn't available in settings.I can only go windowed and I would like to see more in front of me, less running around. Don't know how to go about that, if it's possible?

when on Main Menu, go to Settings. you can set the higher resolution there and switch to Free camera view. I think this will help.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Jun 19, 10 12:41 PM
Sorry, normally I love this sort of game but as most others have posted the screen navigation made me quit and uninstall about 3 minutes into it. I read all the other posts first and changed the camera setting but that really didn't help much.

Way too difficult fo find stuff and all the zooming around made me dizzy too frustrated to bother wasting any more time on it.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 20, 10 8:28 AM
personally, i just didn't care for this game... i thought the scheme of having things to accomplish during the night as well as the day was probably the only unique and intriguing part of it... however, the controls were 'fuzzy' and the goals simple in outlook but awkward to achieve... the music was light enough, but lacked the upbeat 'we've got stuff to do' of other builders... and the constant going back to the lab to make potions and to the castle to make blueprints and wander around and gather cr@p was, i felt, below a prince's standing... isn't that why we have villagers?

anyway - just not for me... royal envoy has spoiled me, i guess...

to the rest of the pond, enjoy your legacy!

Go to: