Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by thwartme on Mar 6, 18 9:12 AM
Playing Windows 10, desktop PC. All the latest Windows updates and video driver updates are installed. Logged in as administrator. Downloaded and installed March 6, 2018.

Game will not launch properly.

On initial launch, the game started playing the intro video, but it played as if at some huge resolution, full screen. My 1920 x 1080 screen only showed the bottom left (approximately) quarter. Could not close the game or adjust from within, had to use the windows key to show the desktop, and kill from task manager. Tried to launch again, now nothing plays. Screen goes temporarily black, then returns to desktop, with the game showing in the taskbar. Unable to restore or resume.

Rebooted, no change. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Got the initial "huge screen" launch again, and then back to the game in the taskbar.

As it is, game is unplayable. Please advise!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 6, 18 9:53 AM
Hello thwartme,

I'm really sorry that a large screen makes PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition unplayable. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

If a game is not displaying properly on your screen, using the monitor's 'Auto-adjust' feature can often help. The way this feature appears may vary depending on the model of the monitor. Please check the monitor for a button labeled Auto-Adjust or Auto. If you don’t see a button with one of those labels on the monitor itself, try checking the monitor's menu options.

Should those instructions not fix the issue, then updating the computer's video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode should do the trick. Please see the help articles below for further direction.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

I really hope these suggestions make the game playable, but our Technical Support Team can replace it if they don't. Please send an email to them if that's the case.

Thanks for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by thwartme on Mar 6, 18 11:16 AM
Found the issue on my own. Had my system set up for two monitor display. Temp disabled the secondary monitor, game plays fine.

I will note that the two-monitor set-up has never been a problem for any other games. May be something you want to correct in this particular game.

Thanks,
thwartme

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 6, 18 5:18 PM
Hello thwartme,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the game stops working again, please try the aforementioned troubleshooting suggestions or email our Technical Support Team. The Moderation Team and I are always available via PM.

Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

Go to: