hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Crop Circles Mystery

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 16, 10 7:03 AM
I really wanted this to be a fun game but it's just another HOG with a twist. I played just less than half the demo and quit and deleted. I'm going to wait for something I enjoy playing before I buy. I don't want to buy a game just because I'm bored.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 16, 10 7:37 AM
I agree with you Pat. This is a good game. I use the system cursor also as it seems to click on the items better. The lights don't bother me either. I will be buying it as soon as my demo is up. I know I am in a minority but I think this game has a good story plot and want to see how it ends. I only got into the second phase when my time was up so to me it will probably last 21/2 or 3 hours. I have played much shorter ones but still enjoyed them.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 16, 10 8:11 AM
CasualGran and puzzledone have very well presented my thoughts
on this game. Definite buy with one of my punchcard credits.

By the by, puzzledone, I used to live in Art Bell territory out near
Parumph, NV and listened to him all the time. Still sometimes
listen to Coast to Coast when I have trouble sleeping. Got to
be one of the best shows on radio.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jun 16, 10 8:18 AM
I just finished the demo and must say that for children, I would
give it

For me, it will be on my DD list for the day, when I need
something mindless and relaxing to play
and for the grandkids on a rainy day.

Clear graphics.
Tolerable music, which can be turned down due to
written dialogue.
Easy, light IHOG
Objects, some easy, some require a bit of search.
Minigames OK ( was putting together a newspaper page
at the end of an hour).

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jun 16, 10 8:22 AM
I have only played about 10 mins of this game but I like it already. It is a realaxing game that has clear and easy to understand objectives. It is nice to play a game that is not so complicated that you have to rely on a walkthrough to complete it. the graphics are clear and it is not difficult to locate most of the items. I find it a relaxing and fun game to play. For those who like difficult and confusing games you will not be challenged by this one. For those of us who like to relax and have fun with a game you will probably enjoy this one.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jun 16, 10 8:27 AM
Great reviews in this thread and nothing I can really add to. Other than I found the game play quite predictable and unchallenging. Which equaled boring for me. Hubby may enjoy it so I've left half the trial for him to play. But right now... this is a no purchase from me.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 16, 10 8:57 AM
I think that this game is a enjoyable game to play on a rainy day.
OR

A day when you want just a fun relaxing time. I have put it on my "Maybe List".

Happy Gaming

PEN

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on Jun 16, 10 9:51 AM
Ok...now that I've read the comments I can't even trial test this game for 2 reasons...
1. I suffer with epilepsy and flashing lights can bring on a seizure
2. I have a horrible migraine and don't need to make it worse.

PLEASE BF...TAKE INTO MIND MEDICAL CONDITIONS SUCH AS EPILEPSY, CHRONIC MIGRAINES....WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR GAMES....SOME I BUY FOR MY GRANDSON TO PLAY, BUT MANY THEY ARE FOR MY RELAXATION....

FLASHING ON AN OFF OF LIGHTS OR MULTI STARS ON AN OFF ARE A NO NO FOR ME....SORRY...

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT.....HAVE FUN FISHIES.....SUNSH

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 16, 10 10:35 AM
As there are very good and indepth reviews I would just like to say the game is basically a HOG, with slight interaction in some areas. For each "passed level" you get to upgrade the wrecked farm (which is a change in the usual transition of levels in these games). The minigames are fairly easy, the graphs are ok, most of the objects very easy to find, the story has a good start.

But, IMHO, the story deflates as the game advances, so I actually lost interest (I shut it down after 40 mins and not sure I will continue). Some objects have very specific clicking areas, and in some areas there is more than one item of a kind although your list asks for just 1, so you might be going bonkers clicking on a specific set of "pliers" and will get no where until you realize another (identical) set is on the other end of the room (which thanks to Murphy's Law is precisely the one you were supposed to click on). The music was good to get in the mood, but I ended up turning it off (but I'm having a headache, so maybe I'm not being too objective). I do know my headache increased and my eyes got strained by playing the game, so I would recommend not to play if you suffer migraines etc... Definetily not the game for epileptics as SUNSH already mentioned.
I did find particularly upsetting that the dialogue interfered with the use of the inventory items, and that the one scene in which I needed the hint more than once it loaded fairly slowly.
Still, I would recommend it for kids and for those who want to play a not too difficult IHOG. 6/10.
Happy gaming

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 10:36:19 AM PST

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Jun 16, 10 11:49 AM
Thanks for the reviews, after this I now know I will not even play the demo!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 16, 10 12:30 PM
Well. . .I just came out of playing the 'demo' with about maybe 10 minutes left. For all intents and purposes - if nothing else - the game meets its mission. Most definately not for the serious HOG player(s), but it's do-able for the novice or "younger at heart". In fact, if it isn't already, might wanna consider putting it under, or cross-referencing it under, the 'Kids' genre. Otherwise, if you're looking for something easy or simply as a 'honing device' to get your mind(s) ready for the next 'Big Kahuna' HOG release, then this might be the game for you.

Overall, the game's developers didn't do a bad job. As the scenery was very clear and colorful and didn't use a lot of junk/clutter (everything streamlined within the premise of the game), I felt they could've left out all of the unnecessary 'instructions', as narrated by the game's characters (no one's THAT much of a moron), and the hint button's over-emphasis on where an item is located could have been curtailed. But, to be fair in all of this, I will say that for an easy game play, even I had to use the 'hint' button between 1 and 3 times in each scene. Is that pathetic or whaaaat?!?!?
(oh, the shame of it all!!)

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 2:28:38 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 16, 10 12:50 PM
Flux family secrets and Midnight Mysteries 2 are a hard act to follow. I compared this game to those and this game fell very short for me. The graphics are clear and the game is kinda cute so some will like it, but for me it was boring. Sorry.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 16, 10 1:03 PM
Liked the graphics quite a lot..clear, well defined.. a lot of time and energy went into the creation of them. The music was ok, got a little tired of it, but I didn't need to turn it off.
The objects were tossed around, well like a storm hit them, but more like a tornado hit them. They were somewhat overwhelming in the shear number of stuff all over the place...I call that junk-pile HOG.
The plot was interesting, sorry that the 60 minutes went to fast, but I'm unlikely to buy it unless a DD.
Again, the best part of the game was the plot and the graphics...someone has some good designers ouot there. The negative is that it is too junky. Mini-games were fine.
Chris

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jun 16, 10 2:20 PM
Puzzledone wrote:
Maybe for juveniles if that includes old ladies that just like a few hours of amusement finding things, nothing offensive.

Puzzledone has hit both nails on the head. Great for kids and great for old ladies like me who just want a lazy relaxing game. I found it refreshing.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 16, 10 2:28 PM
I just finished it and I did enjoy playing. It was relaxing, yet still held my interest. Not every game is gonna be a blockbuster. I found the scenes varied enough and changed often enough that I didn't get bored.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 16, 10 3:21 PM
nykelli1843 wrote:Too tedious and lackluster for me. As someone else said, the lights/flashing trigger migraines so this is a big no sale, all the way around.

Wow you posted almost word-for-word what I was going to post. It only took me 10 minutes to uninstall the "try this game". Yawn....zzzzzzzz I had to uninstall Shutter Island (after paying for it) because of the flashing lights that trigger my migraine headaches. I don't even think my grandkids would enjoy this game. Sorry - but it should be back to the drawing board on this one.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Jun 16, 10 3:27 PM
I thought this game is okay so i bought it ..Just the game i need for a day when i don't want to think too hard..lol..and it's bright and i like that instead of some of the dark ones....

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Jun 16, 10 3:40 PM
YAWN

Quit with the hack writing already!!!!!!!!!!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jun 16, 10 3:46 PM
This is a review of the demo. The game is bright, cheerful and will not be offensive to most. Suitable for children. This can be a refreshing change from murder and meyhem scenes. Not challenging enough for the experienced HOG player who loves Ravenhurst and Madame Fate. It isn't exactly a sift through the clutter HOG (I really dislike random junk strewn about). Toy Story like characters in the story portion, but honestly, I just skip through stories.The usual minigames which can be skipped. Minimal frustration, unlimited hints loading every 30 seconds, silhouette hints available. The scenes are repeated but with different item lists. Experienced HOG players looking for a serious game will probably bored and will zoom through the list.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jun 16, 10 3:52 PM
Maybe I've gotten spoiled by games like Flux Family Secrets, Puppet Show etc, but this game just didn't cut it for me. The music was boring and repetitive. Also, I don't like scenes in which you have to find 12 photos, 15 gears ya da ya. That is about as lazy as it gets in game development, I think. The developers use the same scenes. Some have said it is a game for children, but I think even children would be bored with this dud.

Go to: