Re:Post any The Crop Circles Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Jun 25, 10 9:57 PM
have tried to download this game twice and each time I have hit the play button I get this message,"Cannot find import;DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version File "BASS dll" error 998

As in the past I will contact customer service when I have an issue, I just thought this might be something others may have had as well. BFG has always been excellent about customer service, issuing credits, and helping whenever it is a problem they can help with. Kudos to them..
I hope you all get your games fixed in some way.

God bless.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Jul 1, 10 3:26 PM
Just downloaded the game. That went ok...mouse trouble when I tried to get rid of cursor...wouldn't allow it...mouse would jump to bottom of screen. First **** screen mouse sticking like crazy and then wouldn't click on the inventory to let me get the clothes for the scarecrow.

I have all the updates I need so taking that into consideration along with all the posts here...not even going to go through tech support for help. Too many games out on the market to deal with the "problem" ones. Just posted to let BF know there is one more person who had problems with the game.

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Jul 4, 10 5:31 PM
Alas, I bought this clunker without checking the forums. All I can get when trying to start it is a message it has stopped working and Windows is searching for a solution. Of course Windows never finds a solution for anything. BF should give a credit to anyone who bought this exercise in futility.

imfoe1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by imfoe1 on Jul 11, 10 3:04 AM
I also have the same problem as others regarding white boxes. I was told by tech support to try reinstalling, did that now the white squares seem to just randomly appear on the screen. Tech also told me to download something called Dr. Felix to scan and send them info---COULD NOT FIND ANY REFERANCE TO IT ANYWHERE! I am done with this game until someone can fix it.

[Post New]by amyleigh66 on Jul 16, 10 4:40 PM
I can only get to what I assume is almost the end of the game and then it shoots me back to the beginning. What the ____!
Unfortunately I already purchased the game. I will however be telling people not to bother w/Big Fish Games any longer.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 9, 10 5:21 PM
I have tried 3 times to download the Mac version of this game - it gets to about 33% downloaded and my computer locks up and I have to do a hard reboot. this is the second game this week that locks up my computer completely and I can't play.

not good. not good at all.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 26, 10 12:29 PM
Just played most of the demo, and had the various sized white boxes blotting out parts of the screen, in many screens.

A cute game, but way too easy, and with the white splotches, not worth a buy even at $2.99 (which is the only way I would consider it anyway).

[Post New]by elwifey on Jun 3, 11 1:24 PM
Hi there!

I have downloaded The Crop Circles Mystery game 2 or 3 times now. Each time I play the game stops and goes back to the Menu to begin again. I don''t think I'll ever get to the solution!

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 3, 11 2:35 PM
Hey elwifey,

You may want to see if an update for your computer might help the game work properly; you can find this information in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by elwifey on Jun 4, 11 11:21 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey elwifey,

You may want to see if an update for your computer might help the game work properly; you can find this information in this help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by elwifey on Jun 4, 11 11:24 AM
Oh, thank you so much.

I had followed the instructions you reference when I first came to BF. However, I am going back and doing it over again. Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how things went.

newbee elwifey

[Post New]by elwifey on Jun 22, 11 6:21 PM
bfgArnoStyx

"You may want to see if an update for your computer might help the game work properly; you can find this information in this help article:"

Hi there!

I went back and reloaded all the programs that are referenced on the help page. That didn't work...so I did it again. Since then I have tried all the games I have and some on the BF site.

I'm still having trouble with The Crop Circles Mystery...the same problem. On the other hand reloading helped all the other games. Thank you so much!

I'm not sure if I have done this post correctly. I'm new to this, so please forgive me if I goofed.

Elwifey

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jan 26, 12 9:22 PM
sraeh wrote:Don't pay for this game until it is fixed. Don't bother clicking directly on the target item, it won't work. You have to click to the lower-right of 99% of the items. Otherwise you will spend all your time trying to figure out the right place to select the item. All items are selectable it you can find the right place to click before you get penalized for excessive clicks. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem with other HOGs.

I appear to be having the same problem. I keep clicking on the items; they are easy to see; but they will not delete. I think that in the first scene, I have only removed one item so far. I do believe that it is a situation of placing the cursor on the items. I bought the game w/out trying. I am not using the game cursor so I will try that. ???

t was one of the bargains given to us after buying a game. I won't do that again I guess. Any hope of help????
Thanks
OnWI

Go to: