Re:UPDATED: Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by starbaby0025 on Jun 22, 10 5:45 PM
I played the demo and liked the game, so purchased it today (6/22/10). I download the game okay, but when it goes to install, it tells me the installation failed. Something about not being able to write the files to the drive. I deleted the game and tried again. I've done that about 5 times now, and still can't install the game. I am running a brand new (maybe 2 months old) desktop computer with Windows 7. HELP!!!!

Thanks,
~starbaby~

P.S. I've never had any other technical issues with any of the games. If this keeps up, I may just have to play this game on my Windows Vista laptop.

***UPDATE: I restarted my computer and it installed okay. :: sigh :: Who knew.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 6:35:43 PM PST

Re:UPDATED: Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by 3akitas on Jun 25, 10 9:27 AM
Victoria1054 wrote:
U25150 wrote:Not sure if this is considered a technical issue but here it goes ...

In the Round Room - Fireplace scene, where you have to get the star from the basin, the image pops out. Yet, I'm unable to grab it when I click it. This is the second profile that I've created due to this issue. The first profile I can't get the star image to pop out of the basin at all.

VERY frustrating since I can no longer proceed in the game without it.

Having the same problem! Can't proceed.

[Post New]by Jinnantonnix on Jun 25, 10 10:14 AM
jenkast wrote:In the end of chapter 9 I went to collect the flux piece from the sparkling crate. It shows up but won't let me pick it up, I left the scene and returned to try again and now it's telling me there is nothing I need in the scene and nothing even happens when I click the sparkling crate. I'm stuck and now cannot move forward in the game.

Having the same problem here. Game Manager doesn't think there are any updates pending.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jun 28, 10 5:29 PM
Hi y'all. I was enjoying the game. Everything is right on my end, drivers,DirectX, acceleration. But today the game dumped just as I picked up the set of keys to open all the locked boxes on the deck of the ship. Black screen (music still playing). Had to reboot.

Went back into the game. It took me right to where I was, except that the game stole my keys!

So, I checked for updates and then uninstalled, reinstalled, still no keys. I'm gonna have to ask the techies for help on this one!

Blessings

behindbj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by behindbj on Jun 30, 10 5:59 AM
I have an odd problem with the sparkly (sparkley? ) areas. To use the foyer area as an example:

When I enter the hidden object area next to the door, the list on the bottom of the screen has 1 item in it (in this case, a pencil). I click on the pencil, the item on the list goes gray (indicating "found") - and nothing else but a little black bar in the upper left quadrant of the screen. I noticed that there were several spherical objects in the scene, so I clicked on them for joy. They were apparently what I needed to find - but there was no list or any indication of what I was supposed to do. By sheer random luck (and minor deduction), I was able to proceed on to the library - where I had the same issue with the sparkley area.

Is anyone else having this issue?

And for the person with the older computer who loses the cursor: I have an older computer (but not for much longer....yippee) and have this problem. If you hit escape or "menu," it will ask you if you want to leave the screen. Hit "no" (or cancel or whatever it is to return to the game screen), Your cursor (and anything it may be holding) will be there. Not a perfect solution, but it works.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Jun 30, 10 1:21 PM
I also got to the sparkling crate at the Wharf and it will not let me pick up the piece of the Apollo.
I noticed several other people are having this same issue. I bought the game on 6/29 so it is supposed to be the updated version.
HMMM maybe I wasted the $20 after all???

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Jul 2, 10 2:47 AM
I have a problem. I downloaded and played the trial version just fine, BUT after I purchased the game it is slow at times and will freeze from time to time. Also some areas are not clear, like there are waves in certain areas. I only bought the game because I didn't have any issues with the trial. I don't get it.

Molly_C
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Molly_C on Jul 5, 10 11:12 AM
Hi! I purchased the collector's edition after enjoying the one-hour demo. When I went to open the unlocked game, two different icons were present on my MacBook dock bar, but I was able to open the game. I successfully played for several hours, then quit the game. I had to quit two times, presumably because there were two icons open.

Now I can't open the game at all. When I double click the application, the screen blinks as if to launch the game, and the icon appears in the dock bar, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer, but am reluctant to reinstall the game and lose my progress. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks!

[Post New]by bastet75 on Jul 6, 10 11:11 PM
Molly_C wrote:Hi! I purchased the collector's edition after enjoying the one-hour demo. When I went to open the unlocked game, two different icons were present on my MacBook dock bar, but I was able to open the game. I successfully played for several hours, then quit the game. I had to quit two times, presumably because there were two icons open.

Now I can't open the game at all. When I double click the application, the screen blinks as if to launch the game, and the icon appears in the dock bar, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer, but am reluctant to reinstall the game and lose my progress. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks!

I am having the same exact issue; played it just fine through purchasing it, now can't fire it up at all. On a Macbook, too. The icon appears and the music starts to play, but no graphics display and eventually the program stops responding and has to be force quit. Would love some assistance! Haven't received a response from tech support after submitting the issue to them a few days ago.

- Kat

Update: This appears to be something related to how the software accesses previously saved versions; I deleted all files from my machine (including everything in Application Support) and re-installed the game; it worked just fine, albeit I was starting over. However, I decided to test it -- closed out and then tried to open it again, same result as before -- no graphics displayed, just the music from the Home menu. So, obviously this is a software bug unrelated to my machine.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 12:00:22 AM PST

[Post New]by BeastOfBrie on Jul 8, 10 8:25 PM
Hey, my computer crashed at the Lincoln campground scene, now when I start the game I'm back at the screen in the flux mansion with Oscar open in front of me, but I have no railroad spike and can't leave, any help?

Molly_C
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Molly_C on Jul 10, 10 4:39 PM
bummer...I don't mind reinstalling if I need to, but would hate to replay the same half of a game over and over again.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 10, 10 7:38 PM
bastet75 wrote:
Molly_C wrote:Hi! I purchased the collector's edition after enjoying the one-hour demo. When I went to open the unlocked game, two different icons were present on my MacBook dock bar, but I was able to open the game. I successfully played for several hours, then quit the game. I had to quit two times, presumably because there were two icons open.

Thanks!

I am having the same exact issue; played it just fine through purchasing it, now can't fire it up at all. On a Macbook, too. The icon appears and the music starts to play, but no graphics display and eventually the program stops responding and has to be force quit. Would love some assistance! Haven't received a response from tech support after submitting the issue to them a few days ago.

- Kat

Update: This appears to be something related to how the software accesses previously saved versions; I deleted all files from my machine (including everything in Application Support) and re-installed the game; it worked just fine, albeit I was starting over. However, I decided to test it -- closed out and then tried to open it again, same result as before -- no graphics displayed, just the music from the Home menu. So, obviously this is a software bug unrelated to my machine.

I also am having this exact same issue, though no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install I can not play the game. Tech support is having me do all kinds of things. So far, no fix.

[Post New]by Squarefish on Jul 27, 10 5:56 PM
So I'm playing on my Mac and I'm at the part where you help Lincoln for the second time. I'm at the end of the chapter and I'm completely stuck. The game is telling me "Put the Flute in the Owl" but I have no flute. I'm not sure if this is just a technical error or I'm doing something wrong, but help would be appreciated...

[Post New]by Thunderboult on Aug 10, 10 11:29 AM
I purchased this game (regular version, not CE) on July 18th and am playing it on a Macbook with all the current hardware. Like some of the other complaints my trial version ran smoothly, but as soon as I purchased the game I was unable to play. The game appears to load and I get the music, but then the screen goes black. Is there a fix for this yet? I was really enjoying the trial and sure would love to be able to play the full game.

[Post New]by brines11 on Aug 12, 10 2:10 PM
moviesign wrote:I just bought the Collector's Edition and have come to a puzzle that I am not allowed to solve. When I get to the painting or picture with four numbers hidden in it, the game will not let me click on the lock to enter the numbers. I know I can skip the puzzle but I wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem. The lock is the silver rectangle to the right of the picture, correct? I've clicked on it a hundred times in a hundred different spots but no luck

I had this problem, too. Turns out you need to click on the numbers you found in the pic. Once you have all 4 the lock immediately opens up to you. Hope that helps.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Aug 20, 10 8:17 PM
This game kept shutting down on us...we didn't have any other programs running and had everything updated for Firefox. I liked the game though. It was a good storyline and we enjoyed the hidden objects as well as the puzzles.

[Post New]by beverlyann1 on Aug 22, 10 7:50 AM
When I load my game, all I get is music and no picture. I have a Mac version 10.5.6. Please help

Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by ssxs5707 on Nov 20, 10 5:26 PM
I have downloaded the trial, but the game won't open on my new computer. This is the first time I have ever had any probs w bfg. I only get the sound for the game. I loved the 1st Flux game! Objects were large and could be seen. I hope this is not a Mac issue...
BFG what's going on? Can you please help me fix this problem. I got the full version of the game, bc I thought it was something wrong with the trial...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I don't want to be wasting my time as well as my $$

[Post New]by ssxs5707 on Dec 3, 10 7:50 AM
BeverlyAnn1 - we seem to be having the same issue, but no solution has been put forth, I'm about ready to give up However, the OS between us is not the same. I've got Mac OS 10.5.8.

[Post New]by erinkb04 on Feb 12, 11 10:30 AM
MAC version of the game... After completing the regular version of the game I tried to begin the bonus levels you get for buying the collector's edition, but when I get to the first room there is nothing for me to do. The room is empty and there is a table with nothing on it. The strategy guide shows a scene where there are hidden objects to be found but there are no hidden objects in my scene. Any help would be great!

Go to: