Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum

[Post New]by kitten051901 on Jun 17, 10 8:52 AM
The walkthrough is there, I just went to check out the length. There are 11 chapters and I am on chapter 6 with about 10 mins left on the demo and I have been reading everything and not rushing. Great story, love the graphics. The only thing stopping me from buying it right away is the length even though I have enjoyed the other AG's and am liking this one.

Edited on 06/17/2010 at 8:56:36 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 17, 10 12:42 PM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/agatha-christie-450-from-paddington-walkthrough/

There's the walkthrough, in case anyone still needs it. They're found on the "blog" section on the home page, or there will be a post in the specific game forum that gives a link to the walkthrough page (like at the top of the main forum page for this game).

Edited on 06/17/2010 at 12:44:21 PM PST

[Post New]by MimiBelleP on Jun 17, 10 1:00 PM
Stuck at the very begining, I have tried to click on map, it says click highlighted area, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by runningmama on Jun 17, 10 2:53 PM
This is in reply to SusanbStephens (first time here so not sure how to reply properly) but once you have the magnifying glass you place it over the item word in the list on the left hand side and then click. It will highlight the word and show you where it is.

[Post New]by runningmama on Jun 17, 10 2:55 PM
MimiBelleP wrote:Stuck at the very begining, I have tried to click on map, it says click highlighted area, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by runningmama on Jun 17, 10 2:57 PM
You have to follow the directions on the left hand side of the screen and then put your cursor where it tells you to on the map and click until it works. You may have to move it a bit while clicking. It took a while the first time but I got it. Good luck.

BUDDYROSE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BUDDYROSE on Jun 17, 10 5:24 PM
Thanks Vicalana. I only buy from BFG but I just wanted to make sure I was getting the whole game. It would be interesting to see how they made the game but not enough to get it from another site. I am so happy they are making these Agatha Christie games. The atmosphere is great and I can actually finish a game. I'm still trying to get through Dire Grove! It's only been 4 months. Thanks again!

[Post New]by Karney on Jun 17, 10 6:10 PM
I'm new to this--it asks for 6 letters in a row--I find them, but don't understand what's expected of me

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 17, 10 6:52 PM
Karney wrote:I'm new to this--it asks for 6 letters in a row--I find them, but don't understand, what's expected of me

Karney, on the corkboard there is an A and few spaces and I think an F tacked up. You need to place the other letters of the alphabet that you found in order. I hope this helps.

Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum

[Post New]by lalybug101 on Jun 17, 10 7:13 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

juey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by juey on Jun 18, 10 11:58 AM
HI I AM STUCK ON CHAPTER 2, "SIX LETTERS IN ORDER". THE HINT KEEPS TAKING ME TO THE LETTER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE STEPS ARE TO MOVE ON.
THANKS JUEY

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 22, 10 5:49 AM
Finally, another Agatha Christie. These are always the best games because of the screenshots. I had to laugh when I saw the seemingly brand new grammaphone in the ditch where they assumed the body was dumped. I would never had assumed the doctor done it though. I loved the graphics, although the one draw back was trying to click on a new location. I'm just glad you were not penalized for the number of clicks that it took me to find it.

This game was very welcome because it came after a dry spell between Midnight Mysteries Salem. Which we also loved a lot. I bought this almost as soon as I installed it. Any Agatha Christie is worth buying because they always put high quality in these games, or at least they have so far.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 22, 10 6:04 AM
juey wrote:HI I AM STUCK ON CHAPTER 2, "SIX LETTERS IN ORDER". THE HINT KEEPS TAKING ME TO THE LETTER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE STEPS ARE TO MOVE ON.
THANKS JUEY

Hey JUEY--This may be a mini-spoiler--think there's already an "A" and "F" on the corkboard, so look for "B-C-D-E-G-H" around the room on little sticky notes. Then put them in alphabetical order on the board--that should do it. Good luck!

[Post New]by hellagirl on Jul 12, 10 9:27 AM
Why isnt my game working. i have updated my drivers but it still flickers and i am unable to play the game. I have uninstalled the game several times and re-installed it but it is still flickering.

Thanks in advance.

Shameh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Shameh on Jul 18, 10 11:33 AM
Always enjoy Agatha Christie games..wondered where they went since I had bought a few in the store that came w/the paperback version of the book. Hadn't seen any in ages..then found Big Fish and wah lah here they were. This is a great game. The puzzles are good and the hints for solving the murder were useful.

[Post New]by bozgirl on Aug 15, 10 8:00 AM
have worked out that the "6 letters in a row" go on the board but how do you get the letters to stay on the board ...wen i click the letter goes back to its original spot ????

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Aug 15, 10 8:04 AM
bozgirl wrote:have worked out that the "6 letters in a row" go on the board but how do you get the letters to stay on the board ...wen i click the letter goes back to its original spot ????

Hi bozgirl, and welcome!

The 'letters in a row' is one of those sequences that can drive one crazy! If you have them in the right order, then it's a matter of making sure your cursor is positioned properly to make it 'stick'. Some people have found that having the cursor just slightly below where you think it should go will make it click in. I found that placing the 'B' first helped me. There are also some suggestions in this thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/101578.page

(As you can see, you aren't the only one!)

Good luck, and I hope this helps!

[Post New]by bozgirl on Aug 15, 10 8:18 AM
Thank you http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/20/

Go to: