DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington

[Post New]by DutchJames on Jun 17, 10 10:59 AM
Loved the game. Finally an Agatha Christie game featuring Miss Marple (Joan Hickson played her best by the way). The game is not too hard and even when you play timed they allow plenty of time for finding the objects. There were some minor issues with placing items as in most Agatha Christie games. It took several tries for some of the golf clubs to go in the bag and certainly the mallet to the crowbar required just the right touch. The finding of locations on the map adds a nice extra element to gameplay. Did not care much for the rummaging mini game, but otherwise the mini games were nice too play and helped the story along. The music and scenery gives you the real Agatha Christie feeling, so that was a nice feature. Definitely a must buy for me, as all Agatha Christie games were up till now.

[Post New]by REB5299 on Jun 17, 10 11:06 AM
ENTERTAINING GAME!
I will definitely buy this one as I prefer Miss Marple to Hercule Poirot. Not a difficult game, but as already noted many fun differences in this HOG.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jun 17, 10 11:29 AM
I love agatha christie and have played the point and clicks.I played 2minutes of this game and chucked it. Junk pile of hidden objects.I have to agree with the other person, if agatha's name wasn't attached it would not get good reviews.Happy gaming Fishies.

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jun 17, 10 11:59 AM
I bought this after trying it out for about 5 minutes. I'm having fun with it and enjoy the interactive play with putting the letters in a row, golf clubs in the bag, etc. that were part of the other Agatha Christie hogs too. I'm glad they kept that in this one. The ambience is authentic and the graphics are beautifully done. Have a little trouble with the map; have to squint to see the names and I'm not familiar with the British towns and also the terminology, but that is workable.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jun 17, 10 12:27 PM
I really like this game. The story, the scenery, the artwork, even the music is fine and not annoying like game music can be sometimes.

I spent the entire day yesterday in bed with the flu. What a nice game to stumble out of the bedroom today and find. Perfect timing for me. An easy-going, pleasant enjoyable game to play while I'm still not running at full steam.

I'll buy it!

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Jun 17, 10 12:40 PM
Wow great reviews! I will give this a try liked the others except Evil Under The Sun, which never worked well for me. I am excited that this one at the time of this posting I don't see any technical problems listed which means a GREAT GAME! Thanks !!!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 17, 10 12:47 PM
I really love this game! I have waited since my betatest for the release. It has everything what I love in a hog: great story, great graphic, clear items for searching. I love also Agatha Christie books (I have read all books from her), especially the Miss Marple ones. Thats a buy for me!

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jun 17, 10 1:31 PM
Sorry too boring for me. I am spoiled by the great games I have played on this site I was in chapter 6 and I still had 27 minutes left on demo. Mini games were far to simple, I like more of a challenge.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 17, 10 2:03 PM
Nice and relaxing. Ahhhhh, Sometimes a breather is needed. I do enjoy games where you have to think, games that offer a challenge. But, I also enjoy these types of games where you can relax and just go with it. The graphics are really great. And the music LOL is the same used in other Agatha Christie type games. And even if things get a little repetitious, it's ok when I just feel like sitting down with a "spot of tea" (actually in my case...coffee ), leaning back and...well...relaxing. I know this may be boring for some who prefer challenge after challenge. Really though, it's a pleasant change of pace. Thanks BF!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jun 17, 10 2:06 PM
I thought I would love this game since I love Agatha Christie books, but after playing Midnight Mysteries, Puppet Show, and several other interactive HOG games, this one seemed to move too slowly. Great graphics and no problem with small hidden items. Unfortunately, not a buy for me

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 17, 10 3:16 PM
I enjoyed the demo of this game and was sorry when the time expired. It is more of a straight HOG, and I usually prefer adventure games, IHOG's or FROG's with more of a challenge. But this HOG had great graphics, pleasant music, the choice of "timed" or "carefree" gameplay, an interesting story and no custom cursor. I am a big fan of Agatha Christie stories... and have over 100 of her movies in my video collection. Will probably buy this game at a later date. Already have 7 new games from Big Fish on my Punch Card this month... and the month is barely past the half-way mark. Oh, me!!! Thanks Big Fish for so many great game choices this month!!!

Classicaljazz

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 17, 10 4:21 PM
I've played all but about 5 minutes of the trial and, so far, I really like it. It's a very nicely done mystery and, for once, I have seen nothing of an occult nature in the game. This is a mystery game anyone can play without being offended, as far as I can tell. I am very pleased with the game-play and the graphics. Some of the objects, while a bit small, really aren't too difficult to find because the graphics are bright and clear. I think I only had to use a hint twice. The music is pleasant as well, in my opinion. The only thing I would have added would be audible voices. I think good audible voice acting would have made this really good game great. I give it and highly recommend it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 17, 10 4:32 PM
I wanted to like/love this game because I love Miss Marple. But alas, I too found it boring. I'm glad other fishies seem to like it.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 17, 10 5:04 PM
I played the demo and i thought that the game is

BORING!
and i love HOGs & IHOGS
I liked the others better.

Happy Gaming to those who like it

PEN

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Jun 17, 10 5:49 PM
Very nice graphics, clean and easy on the eyes. It's a nice game, not too hard and not too easy. But with only 19 minutes left in my hour demo, I have completed 3 of only 12 chapters, and probably finish another one in those 19 minutes, which would average about a 3 hour game. But there is a locked game play. Can't make up my mind if it's a buy or not.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jun 17, 10 6:30 PM
If you like straigh HOG and searching for tiny objects, this game is for you. I love the Agatha Christie stories, but this game isn't near as exciting. No buy here.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Jun 17, 10 7:06 PM
I just bought this game before I even downloaded it! I only do that for all of the Agatha Christie games plus Nancy Drew. Having grown up with these two series of books they continue to be among my favorite reads. What's not to like? Fortunately, IMO, the games are always of high quality and great fun to play.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 17, 10 10:21 PM
I played about 30 minutes of Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington before quitting. The graphics are clear and not dark. I felt the music, which I had turned down somewhat, fit the personality of Miss Marple. The game provides players the options of either Timed or Casual Modes. As usual I choose the Casual Mode. There is no game cursor, which is another plus for this Agatha Christie. The Hidden Objects were not so small that these old eyes could not find them. I played 3 levels and only used 1 hint. The scenes, although full of many, many objects, are not junk pile, but are orderly. Most items are in fairly logical locations, another plus for the game. One of the problems I had was trying to figure out how to get to a new location. After finishing at the first train station, I felt the logical place would have been the train station nearer Hyde Park. I must have clicked on that location 3-4 times before a locomotive appeared. Like so many games, it takes a few minutes to understand what the developers want.

Thanks BF again, for providing us with a nice variety of games to suit all the fishies in the pond.

Pat

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 17, 10 10:33 PM
I just down loaded it.can,t wait to play it

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Jun 17, 10 10:36 PM
Enjoyed the game. The music didn't intrude on the style of the game and the scene's were clear. I really apprecatied the choice in modes. also the hints renewing.The story was going along nicely and as I said I liked the
game. However unless I missed something like a button I could push or a skip.
I coldn't read the towns we were to visit. Never did find St. Mary Meade and
decided it wasn't worth the eye strain. I deleted after only 15min. of play.

Go to: