Nephelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by Nephelle on Jun 27, 10 1:57 PM
I am also unable to play the game due to the strobelight effect. I have W7 32bit and all of the latest drivers, DirectX11, and updated Adobe programs. Compatibility mode analysis suggests that I try to run the program as a Windows XP app, but the bfg loader appears to interfere with that and no "test" of the compatibility settings can take place.

If there no way to play this game?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 6, 10 12:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are looking into the flickering problem with the game. We will keep you posted here in the forums and will let you know about any updates. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgTigris

[Post New]by Rococo1256 on Jul 8, 10 12:07 PM
hubbasa wrote:I have ATI Radeon drivers (latest version including hotfix), DirectX 11 and have reinstalled all the adobe software. My screen goes black when I start the game. I found a config.ini file in the game's directory on my HD and modified the bFullScreen=0 (from 1 to 0). This allowed me to open the game as a windowed app. Unfortunately, I lose the cursor alot and can't tell what actions or directions I can take.

It would be very helpful if someone could contact the devs for this game and find out what else we can set to make it work!

Hi, I have the same problem as you hubbasa. Only even after I try modifying the config file, it still doesn't work. I have ATI Catalyst Radeon 10.6. I have been trying to figure it out with tech support. Like many of you, I would rather play this game instead of having a credit for another.

[Post New]by Bloodbeauty on Jul 12, 10 10:54 PM
Hi
I'm having exactly the same problems. I have down loaded the newest nividea driver update and my computer is only 6 months old. It is gaming specced. I have tried downloading this game twice and each time I have strobing, flickering and am unable to play it.

[Post New]by shaawing on Jul 21, 10 8:35 AM
kklohr wrote:I haven't played this yet, but I've had several games from these devs, and I've had the same problem as well. I have WIndows 7 64 bit with NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512 and plenty of RAM. After exhausting all of the forums and trying customer service, what I discovered was that newer versions of NVIDIA drivers have problems with these games, but the last good driver version was 186.18. Why this is the case I don't know, but at least you can download older drivers from NVIDIA. So that's what I ended up doing was having two drivers available, and installing the older one for these games, then re-installing the newest one for everything else. Customer service was very good about giving me game credits for other games, even after I discovered this trick and told them about it. Those of us that have this issue ought to raise hell with NVIDIA. BFG ought to be contacting them as well! Hopefully this works for everyone

So I did this and it worked great for me. It sucks to downgrade the driver like this but I also really wanted to try this game. I'm a little curious though to know if I maybe didn't have to go down to the bottom of the list of drivers and instead could have just selected the next one down from the newest on the Nvidia site.

I will try just going to the next one down, which is 258.69 instead of 186.18. I'll post an update to let you know how that goes.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Jul 26, 10 5:05 AM
Same Problem here. My PC: WIN 7 64 bit. Nividia 470 GTX, DirectX 9c, latest Version.
I start the Game with Driver Version 168. ... . Then i try the 187. ... .Now i have 258.96.
Nothing helps, nothing works. Reinstal older Versions not, install newer not. The Game is for DirectX 9.0, so i not upgraded the DirectX 9 to an DirectX 11.
Paying Games that not works is very frustrating.

loki7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by loki7 on Jul 27, 10 8:17 AM
Same problem here.....brand new computer....tried everything....I give up

[Post New]by willytrav on Jul 31, 10 1:14 PM
I am really mad that I spent money on this game and am unable to play it. It has been out long enough for there to be a fix. What gives????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Aug 2, 10 2:32 PM
WARNING!!! SPOILER!!!

I have not had any problems with flickering or double vision or anything like that. My game works perfectly in that respect.

My problems are these:

When I picked the thingie at the Cyclops it blinked on and off.

The rope wasn't there for the chariot at first, then it magically appeared.

Sometimes the graphics did not appear on the map.
But the biggest thing is happening right now.

WARNING!!!! SPOILER!!!!!

I cannot open the sandbags to get the remaining puzzle pieces. I tried opening one at a time and using the sieve but I can't do that either. Sometimes the sign outside of the tower is read completely and sometimes not. I cannot get the names of the three gorgons.

I went to one of the walkthroughs but these things aren't working. In exasperation I got the names from the walkthrough. But when I press the tiles I only get two of the names. The third name is ignored.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 23, 10 1:21 AM
BFG, the game has been released over two months now and there's still no solution for the flickering screen. Give us some info, please!

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Sep 6, 10 7:51 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. CQD is not a new game. It was released by Nobilis in 2007. At this point I doubt there will ever be a fix for the many display issues encountered by people like me.

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 8, 10 10:10 PM
Well, crud. I'm in the same boat - jerky screen means I can't even get past the start/menu area. I have the latest DirectX and NVIDIA drivers, just double checked. No improvement. I'll be emailing customer service next.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Dec 12, 10 9:21 AM
I am guessing this is a technical issue but I am not sure.

I am about to make the sleeping potion for the slave but when I turn to get the flask on the table, there is no flask.

I also notice that sometimes there are no graphics on the map.

I am having no problem with any other graphics so why don't these show?

[Post New]by Keith2468 on Mar 31, 11 8:25 AM
I have the same issue with flickering. I bought the game a few months ago, and I was hoping an update would come out for something (game, video drivers, flash, directx, etc.) that would fix it so I could play it.

No luck.

Windows-7 SP1, nVidia GTX460, McAfee anti-virus, Intel Core i7.

Up-to-date drivers, flash, directx, all standard Windows 7 updates.

Uninstalled and re-installed flashplayer.

Deleted and re-installed the game.

Since the game no longer works, IF it is not going to be fixed, which seems to be the case, I suggest withdrawing it from sale.

But please let us know the status: Will it be fixed?

I'd like to exchange the game for another if it won't be made playable.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 8:27:05 AM PST

rrd13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Quality Control?

[Post New]by rrd13 on Oct 1, 11 2:38 AM
What Whale at BigFish is responsible for quality control..why is it that so
many users have the same complaint..and you folks just post the same old stock answer!
some of these issues are half hearted attempts of the game maker..an d you folks
just throw out the games onto the menu and rake in the money and then,maybe, try to get quality control issues fixed..this is how you folks lose customers..
i,for one, am tired of some of these cheaply made games with some fancy
come ons to hook, line and sinker us..
talk about suckes at BIGFish..
come on people..hold yourselves and the fgame makers to a higher standard..money is tight for all of us..we come here to relax and have fun..and seems like alot of us are getting more frustrated and angrier..
that is not want i signed up for!!

BellaDare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Clicking on the Bowstring

[Post New]by BellaDare on May 31, 13 4:44 PM
I can't get the arrow into the bow. The walkthrough said I should "click" on the string, then put the arrow in place. No matter where I click on the string it will not 'tighten' so I can insert the arrow. What do I do now?

Go to: