Quit complaining!

 
Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Grimwald on Feb 10, 18 12:00 PM
And a really active, useful, friendly, awesome Forum!!!

 
Susanna502
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Feb 11, 18 1:31 AM
I don't mind a few gripes or venting sessions, but in general I find the people on the forum are genuinely happy with this game and willing to accept that nothing is perfect. I didn't stick with it the first time because I didn't have the forum, but I couldn't find any other game that even came close. When I came back I discovered the forum and gained a greater understanding of the nuances of the game. I always told my daughter not to compare herself to perfection, but to see how she stood in comparison to others. MC isn't for everyone, because some players are looking for a different experience. Different is not better or worse, just different.

Thanks to all my friends and the gurus of the forum.

 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,033 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 11, 18 4:39 AM
Katijay wrote:The best thing about this forum is that you can complain, laugh, & share opinions...I have gotten very frustrated sometimes and it nice to know I can come here and air my frustration ...... so **** if you need too.....we will listen and give you our opinion!!!

Absolutely! Venting your frustration is healthy, & the support given here in the forum can be uplifting & healing.

Conversely, criticizing someone for venting their frustration is stifling & can be damaging. That's why we have rules to "play nice" here.

So by all means complain about what's driving you nuts! Get it out of your system. It's holding that stuff in that makes you worse.
Then when you're done, you can go back & appreciate our wonderful Castle again.
Happy searching!

 

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Feb 11, 18 6:48 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
Some good Hidden Object based Free to Play games are...
Awakening Kingdoms
Antique Road Trip (read forum first to avoid glitches)
Dark Manor
Agency 33

All of these are available from Big Fish Games

But nothing beats Midnight Castle. It's by far the best.



In my opinion, Awakening Kingdoms was by far the best,but alas it's over now and it ended rather badly with no real end, so yes MC is a very good substitute

 
sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,193 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by sadie700 on Feb 11, 18 7:17 AM
Thank you desertdruid. Sometimes I get so frustrated, have to stop, and then go back to it. But now if someone complains because they are frustrated, they get jumped on. Not really fair or nice. The complaints often get you a way to get around what is frustrating you, such as the wonderful advice silver hawk gave. Is this what you want to stop when you say quit complaining? This type of complaining about someone who may be frustrated is not really friendly. I have been playing this game since shortly after it came out, and I am not ready to give it up yet. But I am giving up on the forum, as it seems that no one can express themselves in a moment of extreme frustration, without getting their head bitten off.

My opinion is to quit complaining about someone who has a complaint, because that then puts you in a position of complaining about something.

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 7:19:26 AM PST


 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,033 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 11, 18 7:57 AM

 
GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,798 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 11, 18 8:20 AM
IMO, the OP's subject is regarding complaining about being bored, not the regular venting of frustrations. There have been posts about being on low, low levels and bored. There is SO much you can do and achieve playing all aspects of the game. Like silver_hawk stated, it's not about leveling up. It's a hidden object game, so do the rounds and enjoy the ride.

 
Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Luckypool on Feb 11, 18 9:55 AM
redcloud33 wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:


But nothing beats Midnight Castle. It's by far the best.



In my opinion, Awakening Kingdoms was by far the best,but alas it's over now and it ended rather badly with no real end, so yes MC is a very good substitute


I agree, AK was superb, I've played it 4 times until it's sad cliffhanger finale. I love MC too. Best of both worlds really. Oh and real life too - hey! What's not to love?

 
sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,193 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by sadie700 on Feb 11, 18 10:00 AM
I apologize if it appeared that I was misunderstanding the complaint about complainers. I used myself so that it would not be mistaken for anyone else. But for myself, if I don't want to hear about someone complaining, then I just do not read the post, but I would not tell them what they can or can not do. As to the monotonous rounds that are very tedious and boring, they are, unfortunately, a necessary evil to replenish coins or inventory (if you are lucky enough to get some). I just remember what my parents or somebody said to me many moons ago..."if I am pointing my finger at someone else, there are 3 fingers pointing back at me".

Love the game, hate the rounds, but I do them anyway.

 
BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Feb 11, 18 10:01 AM
Venting is a healthy way to deal with frustration. Many changes have occurred to address issues leading to those frustrations...and some have not. I have made the mistake in the past of saying how I deal with the same or similar issue and these suggestions were rebuffed. I have changed that practice because every person plays differently. My DH and I started the same day and are at the same level. Yet I have played many more hours (sometimes to my own disbelief). We don't play the game exactly the same way. I am much more driven to do achievements (especially the ones that are time-consuming). I like the challenge. So I am trying to be positive, a good listener and not adding to anyone's frustration.

 
Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by Skdu on Feb 11, 18 10:50 AM
I love this game... I loved it when i lost my progress two or three times, broke my iPad... and before I discovered friends and the forum...

I don’t do rounds anymore but I try to help my friends, spin the fortune wheel and accomplish a daily quest when I can.... I love the castle challenges and I have many, but not all, of the achievements.....

This is a game that can be played in many different ways and I think the developers deserve a big round of applause for keeping it going.

 
sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,193 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by sadie700 on Feb 13, 18 8:15 AM
I can understand the feeling that you "need" to level up. I have a lower level game that I play daily. I am having to do rounds on that game due to the expensive levels that I have just finished. However, I also know that the level I am currently on is a very expensive level also. Therefore, I shall do rounds until I am ready to scream, then I stop for a while. My upper level game is topped out currently and waiting for the next exciting update. I don't do as many rounds on it, but I do complete some and do some quests (blue key and gnome quests) as well as the CC. When I need to stop, I do.

Even though I want to level up quickly, just because the levels are there, I stop and do rounds to get enough coins to get through the next level. Puzzles sometimes help delay the screaming, but I know I still have to do rounds. Unfortunately, it is not possible to continue without coins, and I won't put the pressure on my friends to give me coins that I can get myself. Ugh! Back to the rounds now.

 
gadget88
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Quit complaining!

[Post New]by gadget88 on Feb 13, 18 11:28 PM
Tunkfairy wrote:This is an awesome game! I have been playing it since day one. It has it's down times, but it's a great game. When I get bored with the repitition,I play other games or do housework(yuck)your true friends will always gift you when they can. Sometimes I have more friends than I have availability? Have fun, enjoy the game. These people that created this game are geniuses as far as I'm concerned! GO STORM THE CASTLE! Have fun!



tunkin,67054





 
gadget88
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by gadget88 on Feb 13, 18 11:36 PM
Really...! This is still America last I checked !
Complaining allowed, keeps the mind and ideas flowing !:-D:-\?

 
dfkdkfl_1960
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Quit complaining!

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Feb 13, 18 11:51 PM
I've been playing the game since the beginning. compared to the game we started to play and now it's a completely different game. and complaining about today's game is just a sin.it became much easier to pass the game and a lot of help .

 
 
 
 
Go to: