annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

Re:Post any Blood Oath technical issues here only

[Post New]by annita33 on Jun 20, 10 7:56 AM
I have contacted CE and am waiting for a response but I thought in the mean time I would come here to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am. I have Vista and purchased the game it was going along fine till I got an error and it closed. I went back in got a little farther and it closed again. I can go in and it plays fine for awhile than I get that error. I played the game for awhile before I got that first error I guess I will have to wait to hear from CE to see if anything can be done I really like this game.

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Jun 20, 10 8:15 AM
Apock wrote:I am pretty much at the beginning of the game, right after I put the book together to become a stronger vampire, I could not figure out what to do after that (and the tutorial of minigame), used the HINT and need to go to the Den, even checked the walkthrough which shows where the access to this room is (doors at upper left corner at the top of stairs). No matter what I try I am unable to click the doors. Not too long ago I contacted tech support (purchased Love and Death Bitten but unable to click/select "Strange Symbol), went through all the instructions/updates etc so I believe I should be good on that end, but will probably check again.

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Jun 20, 10 8:16 AM
I'm having the same issue...cannot go into the Den the doors will not open unistalled and re-installed the game same problem....any suggestions?

Goldafish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Goldafish on Jun 20, 10 8:57 AM
mari125 wrote:This is one of the very few times I've ever had any significant technical problem with a BF game. Once the download has completed and the installation starts..., it doesn't end. At first I thought that I missed that "window of opportunity" to authorize the installation, so I re-downloaded the game but the same thing happened again. Installation begins but never ends. Any answers?

The same thing is happening for me..installation never ends..did you find any answers?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 20, 10 4:38 PM
The settings differ depending on whether you have an LCD or a CRT monitor.
No matter what games I play, I never touch the screen settings.
My screen setting is set at 1680 x 1050 on a a 22 inc LCD monitor.

I keep running into unresponsive items! First it was the bullets, then the lighter fluid. I finally resolved both issues by closing and then reopening the game.
I had NO such issues the first time I played the game.

[Post New]by baileyfx on Jun 20, 10 6:57 PM
clutchola wrote:I can't click on the blue lobster claw in the bathroom toward end of Chapter 2. It doesn't make any sound or cause an error with repeated clicks. Anyone have suggestion for me? Thanks! No problems anywhere else.

I have the same problem with the lobster claw. It will not pick up. End of gameplay for now until fixed.

[Post New]by baileyfx on Jun 20, 10 7:06 PM
Coronagold wrote:Found a fix. Quit the game entirely, quit BFG Manager too. Restart game with same profile. I was able to pick up the lobster claw after that.

It Worked! Thank you.

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Jun 20, 10 9:38 PM
I am having a different problem with my game. Downloaded fine, but when I opened to play it took a long time to get a screen. When the main menu finally started to appear it was like it was very "choppy". I didn't have anything else running including my game manager. I was able to play Salem Witch Trials and PuppetShow with no problems.....
For those that were able to play it seemed like a good game.

cheyenne96
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by cheyenne96 on Jun 21, 10 11:57 AM
THIS IS THE 3RD DAY I HAVE TRIED TO FIX WITH ALL YOUR SOLUTIONS FOR FREEZING ETC NONE WORK AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WANT MONEY BACK

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 21, 10 12:01 PM
I got pretty close to the end (I think) and then got error violation. Have contacted CS. So disapppointing. I got more than my money's worth out of this game, but how frustrating not to finish!!

[Post New]by peacefrogs40741 on Jun 21, 10 6:18 PM
guylee1 wrote:Anyone else having sticky cursor problems? I'm on VISTA. Any idea how to correct this?

I am having the same problem.
Anybody else?
And also, the sticky crusor, fades in and out

Edited on 06/21/2010 at 6:20:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Beckyfisher on Jun 23, 10 11:27 AM
OK, this is nuts! I had a problem with Flux Family Secrets Collectors Edition in that it wouldn't let me pick up the apollo piece out of the crate.

Now, In Blood Oath, in looking for the the Ethereal Embers, the picture at the bottom shows a horn but the wording below says salamander (which is to the left at the patio). Consequently, when you click on hint, it shows you the salamander but won't pick up because the picture is a horn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I am assuming that the Unstable energy piece will be somewhere if I could get past this. If not, then it is no where!!!!!!!!

I have been a member of Big Fish for 13 months straight and am about ready to quit. I notified BF about the Flux Family Secrets two days ago and no response yet. So.................. that was $20.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysticmomma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by mysticmomma on Jun 23, 10 11:41 AM
Beckyfisher wrote:OK, this is nuts! I had a problem with Flux Family Secrets Collectors Edition in that it wouldn't let me pick up the apollo piece out of the crate.

Now, In Blood Oath, in looking for the the Ethereal Embers, the picture at the bottom shows a horn but the wording below says salamander (which is to the left at the patio). Consequently, when you click on hint, it shows you the salamander but won't pick up because the picture is a horn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I am assuming that the Unstable energy piece will be somewhere if I could get past this. If not, then it is no where!!!!!!!!

I have been a member of Big Fish for 13 months straight and am about ready to quit. I notified BF about the Flux Family Secrets two days ago and no response yet. So.................. that was $20.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by squish54 on Jun 23, 10 11:47 AM
Re ost any Blood Oath technical issues here only
by clutchola on Jun 19, 10 4:14 AM
I can't click on the blue lobster claw in the bathroom toward end of Chapter 2. It doesn't make any sound or cause an error with repeated clicks. Anyone have suggestion for me? Thanks! No problems anywhere else.

I had the same problem with the claw. Closed the game. Tried again later, and all was well. Not a CLUE as to why.

[Post New]by mariesyardsale35 on Jun 23, 10 12:55 PM
Salamander: Keep clicking all over the salamander on the left. It will eventually pick a part of the salamander up.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jun 24, 10 4:05 PM
cheyenne96 wrote:THIS IS THE 3RD DAY I HAVE TRIED TO FIX WITH ALL YOUR SOLUTIONS FOR FREEZING ETC NONE WORK AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WANT MONEY BACK
ME TOO!!!!

GreenMeany
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMeany on Jun 25, 10 5:14 PM
I'm getting Playground Skeleton Application Error. Whatever the heck that is?

[Post New]by hiddenblessing79 on Jun 27, 10 1:36 AM
I have the same issue in clicking on the blue lobster claw in the bathroom. When I do the hint it circles it but when I try to click on it - nothing! No errors but no recognition.

drains
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:gold ankh card pieces

[Post New]by drains on Jun 27, 10 1:43 PM
i found all of the cards and it never goes to 16. I have an extra scull and 15 gold piece on the mini game

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 27, 10 11:25 PM
BLUE LOBSTER CLAW
can't pick it up.
some say shut down entirely and re-load/start with different ID.
Forget that...
Why should I have to start all over after
all the time I have already put into this game???????

shut down the game completely then restart.
It allows you to pick it up then.

Edited on 06/27/2010 at 11:30:04 PM PST

Go to: