Re:Valentine's Day Event 2018

[Post New]by Blazo_2101 on Feb 15, 18 6:01 AM
Thank you for the help and sorry for the mistake.
As for valentine's day, I have only one doubt. When I close or accept the reward for the mission, I can no longer find the items that would complete my collections. There's nothing to do, right? Just wait for the event in 2019 ?? ... Sad, very sad

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 15, 18 2:59 PM
Hi Blazo-2101.

If you have missed the LIMITED COLLECTABLES (mentioned on the first page of this thread), then you are right. You need to wait until the Event comes back in 2019. I do hope you have obtained enough collectables to be able to at least submit 4 collections (ANY 4 Event collections). That way you will get the extra 40 bars of gold.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 15, 18 3:46 PM
Dot reporting in. Sorry to be so late but I slept through the night so missed my cue for midnight.

Today there are 3 quests. There are NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES to find. Instead we are opening one of the mini scenes on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Please Note: Tomorrow we open the underwater mini scene for Captain Matthew's Yacht. The following day we open the cabin.

Day 6.......... Feb 16th.

Fatima (our narrator) thinks fish for the Charity Ball dinner might be nice so she sends us to ........

Q.11. Visit Captain Matthew's House.

It is in Bridgeport, Connecticut. There are no Valentine collectable on the reward bar. I am at guru level here & I was in silhouette mode. I played the HOS once.

I collected the reward. The heart remained so I went onto the second quest for today.

Q.12. Visit Captain Matthew's boat.

The Carnations & the Tulips & the Pink Roses were all on the reward bar. I did the HOS. At this stage, the deck is the only area open for those players who have not unlocked the mini scenes. I played the HOS once - all 3 collectables dropped.

I collected the reward. The heart icon remained so I went to the third quest for today.

Q.13.
- Find a mop.
- Use the mop to unlock the Cockpit area of Captain Matthew's Yacht.

As I have done this Event before, both these tasks were ticked as done. Good luck to those opening the mini scene for the first time.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today is over.

I have turned in 4 Flower Bouquet collections & received the 40 bars of gold. How are you doing?

See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads up: Day 7 is simply opening the underwater mini scene on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Day 8 we open the remaining mini scene. We are also asked to put up Heart Decorations in the Antique Shop - cost 13,900 coins.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 16, 18 4:34 AM
aussie_Dot wrote:

I have turned in 4 Flower Bouquet collections & received the 40 bars of gold. How are you doing?

Doing good. I had saved up lots of food in anticipation for this event as this is my first Valentines event.

Got 100 Flower Bouquets and 2 Valentine Cards to turn in. 11 Love Letters and 2 Sweet Treats when we can get the remaining collectibles.

I'm in the process of finding the Missing Paintings and have 5 so far.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 16, 18 6:32 AM
Wow silver_hawk! Well done!

Good luck finding the remaining paintings.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 16, 18 7:26 AM
It has ticked over to Day 7. Today is an easy day - just 2 quests & NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES.

Day 7 - Feb 17th

Q 14.
- Find diving gear.
- Go underwater

These tasks open the underwater mini scene at Captain Matthew's Yacht.

To find the diving gear go to the Red Mine, Elko, Nevada. Last year some players had to play this HOS more than once to get the diving gear. There are no Valentine Collectables on the reward bar. As I have previously played this Event, the quest was already ticked as completed.

To go underwater, go to Captain Matthew's Yacht. Place the diving gear in the water to the left of the voodoo doll. The diver will appear. Again, as I have previously completed this Event, this task was already ticked as completed.

I collected the reward. An Achievement Banner appeared for completing 14 special Valentine quests. I collected the Cherubic Ran the Owl. If you wish to find it later, it is in the "Special" Collections in the "Guises of Ran the Owl" collection.

The heart remained so I did the remaining quest.

Q 15
- Find the Silver Soup Tureen.
- Find the Golden Kicker.
- Find the Longbow.

These artifacts are regular items on the reward bar for Captain Matthew's Yacht. There are 3 Valentine Collectables on the reward bar. All 3 collectables & the 3 artifacts fell when I did the HOS. I only did the HOS once. I was in silhouette mode.

I collected the reward & the heart disappeared. Questing was over for today.

Hope you all are enjoying the Event. Be back tomorrow.

Dot

Heads up for Day 8: We open the remaining mini scene on Captain Matthew's Yacht. We are also asked to put up Heart Decorations in the Antique Shop - cost 13,900 coins.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 17, 18 7:40 AM
Hi all! Day 8 has begun. It is an easy day though it may be a bit costly for some. NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES today.

Day 8 ........Feb 18th.

Fatima enjoyed herself on Captain Matthew's Yacht so she sends us back there.

Q.16.
- Find some fish for Norry the Seal.
- Bribe Norry the Seal to go away.

As I did this quest last year, both tasks were ticked as complete when I clicked on it.

For those players who do NOT have the 3rd mini scene at Captain Matthew's Yacht open, here is some information.
- The fish can be found in the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine. Each year a few players find that they have to do this HOS more than once to get the fish while other players get it first time. Good luck!
- Put the bucket of fish on Norry the Seal. When the Seal leaves, the door way to the cabin is clear & open That is the third & last mini scene for Captain Matthew's Yacht.

I collected the reward but the heart icon remained so I proceeded to quest 17.

Q. 17. Get Valentine's Day Decorations.

Fatima wants us to decorate the Antique Shop with heart decorations. Go to the Antique Shop in Breezy Bay. Once inside the shop, find the 'design' icon along the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to 'seasonal decorations'. Select the Valentine decorations - cost 13,900 coins.

I collected the reward. The heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads up:
Day 9 is a very easy day. There is only one quest asking for 2 envelopes, 2 gloves & 2 glue.
On Day 10, there is a LIMITED COLLECTABLE to be found - Clay Tablet. It is on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Plus Fatima asks us to decorate PawPaw Grove with Heart Banners - cost 11,900 coins. If you want to put up the Heart Balloons in PawPaw Grove, they cost 11,900 coins.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 18, 18 9:06 AM
Day 9 has arrived. It is an easy day - NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES.

Day 9 ..........Feb 19

Q 18
- Give 2 envelopes.
- Give 2 gloves.
- Give 2 glue.

I gave the requested resources. I collected the reward. The heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

Take care.

Dot

Heads up for Tomorrow - Day 10. There is 1 LIMITED COLLECTABLE to be found. We are also asked to put up the Heart Banners in PawPaw Grove.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 19, 18 4:22 PM
Apologies for being late with the report. I did the quest - only 1 today - and there is 1 LIMITED COLLECTABLE to find. However I was so tired that I couldn't type up the report so I am awake now & here is my report.

Day 10...............Feb 20th

"Time to concentrate on the Charity Ball preparations," said Fatima (our narrator).

Q. 19
- Get Heart Banners for PawPaw Grove.
- Find the Love Letter in the CLAY TABLET.

As I already had the Heart Banners in place, this part of the quest was ticked. For those players who do not have the Heart Banners up, the cost is 11,900 coins. You may also put up the Heart Balloons at a cost of 11,900 coins although the quest do not specify that we have too.

The CLAY TABLET is a LIMITED COLLECTABLE. It can be found on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Using the 'exit via the arrows & next quest' method, I was able to return to the HOS several times to get the CLAY TABLET. I am at guru level at Captain Matthew's Yacht. I began in Silhouette mode. There are 4 collectables on the reward bar - Pink Roses, Carnations, Tulips & the CLAY TABLET. I did the HOS 8 times - each time the CLAY TABLET dropped as did the Carnations & the Pink Roses. The Tulips did NOT drop on 2 occasions.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

There are only 6 days (excluding today) left in the Event. Don't leave collecting the collectables until the last minute.

Dot

Heads up: Day 11 is an easy day with 1 quest mainly asking for resources - hammers & fishing lures. Day 12 has 2 quests. One quest opens 1 of the mini scenes at the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine. The other quest is for the LIMITED COLLECTABLE - BOX OF CHOCOLATES.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 20, 18 12:06 AM
A tip: if you do the Clay Tablet first, you can find as many as you want without the risk of ending the quest.
Get all your Clay Tablets first, and only then put up the banner and accept the reward.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 20, 18 3:05 PM
Power back on. Mother Nature put on a spectacular thunder & lightning & heavy rain show last night, The result was a power blackout. So I am running late with the report. Thank goodness today is an easy day - with 1 quest & NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES.

Day 11. ............Feb 21st.

Q.20.
- Go to the Restaurant Garden.
- Give 2 hammers.
- Give 2 lures.

The quest asked to play the Restaurant once so that is what I did. At the Botanica Al Fresco, Maine, there are 3 collectables on the reward bar - Polka Dot Heart (card), Week by Week (love letter) & Tree of Hearts (card). I am at guru level & I was in silhouette mode. All 3 collectables dropped.

I gave the resources of 2 hammers & 2 fishing lures. Though the lures made me if the cook had to catch our supper first.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today is over.

Checking the Even Quests Progress, I noted that we have completed 20 quests. Only 9 more quests spread over the next 5 days (excluding today). So time to make sure we are on track to get our collections done. There are still 2 limited collectables to find - one that can not be got until the last day & one that will be available tomorrow. Good luck completing your collections.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads up for Day 12: We start opening the mini scenes at the Botanica Al Fresco so tomorrow we open the table scene. Plus we need to find the LIMITED COLLECTABLE - Box of Chocolates. It is in the Oldstein Bank, Arizona.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 20, 18 6:40 PM
Thanks aussie Dot for your report. Thunderstorms in my area too and barely got my collectibles (Clay Tablets). I needed to get 11 and managed to get the last one in the nick of time. Yea

Mother Nature is certainly making this event more challenging

If I can get through the next 5 days I'll be a happy camper. I will have 115 collections turned in by the last day.

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 5:30:59 AM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 20, 18 11:51 PM
SILVER_HAWK YOU ARE AN OVER ACHIEVER. ME I WILL SETTLE FOR ADDING 10 MORE TO WHAT I ALREADY HAVE. I USE MOST OF THE SPECIALS AS MY GOLD RESERVE. THAT WAY I CAN ALWAYS BUY FUEL OR A RESOURCE THAT CAN ONLY BE GOTTEN WITH GOLD.

I PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN AND TO HELP NEW PLAYERS.

MC CAN BE ALL CONSUMING IF YOU LET IT.

SEE YOU AROUND THE FORUM. HAPPY GAMING

YOU TWO HAD THUNDER, LIGHTENING AND RAIN. ME JUST NEVER ENDING SNOW. BEEN STUCK INSIDE FOR 2 DAYS. NO SNOW TOMORROW BUT BACK ON THUR. THEN FRI DURING THE DAY SHOULD BE GOOD BUT THE SNOW IS BACK LATE FRI. NIGHT INTO SAT.

WE HAD A DRY DEC, , JAN., AND THE FIRST HALF OF THIS MONTH. NOW IT WANTS TO JUST SNOW. OH, WELL THIS IS WINTER IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 11:56:52 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 21, 18 8:08 AM
Mother Nature is at it again. Hope I get this finished in time.
Today there are 2 quests including one for the LIMITED COLLECTABLE - Box of Chocolates.

Day 12 ............. Feb 22nd.

Q. 21
- Find tassels to tie the curtains.
- Check out the Table Settings at the restaurant.

Both of these tasks were ticked as completed.
For those players that have not completed a Valentine Day Event before, the tassels can be found at Captain Matthew's House, Bridgeport, Connecticut. There are no collectables on the reward bar so do the HOS until you get the tassels.

The Table Settings is a mini scene at the Botanica Al Fresco, Maine. To open, place the tassels on the curtain right under the parrot on a planter (above the bass musical instrument); slightly to the left of the camera tripod. There is no need to play the HOS unless you are chasing collectables. There are 3 non-limited collectables on the reward bar.

I collected the reward but the heart icon remained. I moved to the second quest.

Q. 22. Find a Box of Chocolates.

The Box of Chocolates is a LIMITED COLLECTABLE & can be found at the Oldstein Bank, Arizona. It is the only collectable on the reward bar. Using the "exit via arrows & the next quest", I managed to do this HOS 5 times before the thunder & lightning came close. Decided to take what I had. Each time I played the HOS, the collectable dropped.

I collected the reward. The heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads up for tomorrow (Day 13): It is an easy day with only one quest that will open another mini scene at the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 21, 18 8:17 AM
silver_hawk. Good luck getting the number of collectables you are chasing. I am in awe of the number of collections you have/ will have collected over the course of this Event.

CHARLIEISR. PLAY THE WAY YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH. I DON'T GET SNOW HERE AS I LIVE IN THE TROPICS (WARM TO HOT ALL YEAR ROUND). GET CYCLONES & THUNDERSTORMS INSTEAD. IF IT KEEPS UP FOR ANOTHER FEW DAYS IT WILL BREAK THE DROUGHT THAT OUR AREA HAS BEEN HAVING FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS.
AND I AGREE MC CAN BE ALL CONSUMING - THOUGH AT THE MOMENT I AM ONLY IN & OUT. ART IS MORE RELAXING.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 21, 18 8:55 PM
Hi Dot,

Hope you are not in Moorabah. I saw the news this morning and got shivers at the battens of the house through the wall and into that guy's shower. Just glad it wasn't in use at the time.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 22, 18 6:59 AM
Hi AnnaDownes.

No. Moranbah is about 6 1/2 hours drive south west of here. That was a really freaky storm that went through there.

Here we had 23,500+ lightning strikes in about 5 hours plus winds up 80 kph. Townsville was the epicentre for all the activity Tuesday night. Now it is stormy but not so much lightning.

Have fun.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 22, 18 7:15 AM
Day 13 has rolled around. It is an easy day as all we are asked to do is unlock the one of the mini scenes at Botanica Al Fresco.

Day 13 ...........Feb 23rd.

Q. 23.
- Find apron to gain access to the kitchen.
- Enter the kitchen.

As I have done this Event before, both tasks were ticked as completed.
For those players that have not done the quest before:
The apron can be found in Christmas Alley, Helena, Montana. You only need do the HOS until you have the apron. It may take more than one go at the HOS. There are no collectables on the reward bar.

Take the apron & place it over the sign in the Botanica Al Fresco, Maine. The Kitchen mini scene is now open.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

ONLY 3 days (excluding today) left in the Event.

Dot

Heads up for Day 14: Very costly quest - total cost 54 gold. We are asked to buy food - Orange Sherbert 18 gold; Cheese Cake 24 gold; Vanilla Milkshake 12 gold.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 22, 18 4:34 PM
Glad to hear you weren't in the firing line there.

It is pouring rain here. Myrtle cat, not the MC game) is not happy and is curled up on the bed in disgust.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 4:35:03 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 23, 18 7:23 AM
Day 14 has begun. There is only one quest although it is a costly one for those players that have not completed the Valentine's Day Event before.

Day 14. ...................Feb 24th.

Q. 24.
- Buy the Orange Sherbet.
- Buy the Ice Cream Cheesecake.
- Buy the Vanilla Milkshake.

This quest was ticked as completed due to having completed it before.
For those players that have not done this quest before: Go to the store & scroll down the list of Food available to buy. The total cost is 54 gold - Orange Sherbet 18 gold; Cheese Cake 24 gold; Vanilla Milkshake 12 gold.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing over for today.

ONLY 2 more days (excluding today) left to complete those collections.

Dot

Heads up for Day 15: We are asked to open the last mini scene at Botanica Al Fresco. We are also asked to get the Heart Balloons (cost 9,999 coins) & the Heart Banners (cost 9,999 coins) for Dinhammer Alley.

Edited on 02/23/2018 at 7:25:18 AM PST

Go to: