Re:Post any Slingo Quest Egypt technical issues here only

[Post New]by linny113 on Jun 25, 10 11:43 PM
I am so glad to see that this is not just a bug for me, but for many other slingo players out there. Has anyone found a way around it yet? I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downloading from different programs, like IE, mozilla, firefox... all still have the same problem. I am so confused....

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Jun 26, 10 2:17 PM
There is something wrong with this game...

Spoilers ahead...

A fan of the Slingo series, I bought this game a few days ago after trial-ing after about 20 minutes. The game in and of itself works fine. My issue is with the game logic.

In the area of the Sphinx's Temple (where the #'s turn to symbols), the board called 'Test of Perception', one of the stars to obtain is covering the board in 18 spins or less. I've acquired the other 4 stars, but after playing this board over 300+ times (Literally! I counted!), I have yet to acquire this final star. It's as if the game logic refuses to let you win this final star. This is highly frustrating, deeply disappointing, and extremely aggravating. I will likely not be so inclined to purchase another Slingo game in the future if the developer's think "un-winability" means replayability. Then there's the insufferable amount of times the game goes through spin after spin after spin after spin after... (get my point?) of a completely uncovered board with no matches; or maybe giving you a single match after 4 or 5 spins... And let's not even talk about the number of times the devil comes up within a game...!

Ironically (or maybe not), in the Riverside Temple, on the board called 'Antechamber', the #'s again turn to symbols, and you have to clear the board in 18 spins or less (as well as complete the pattern in 15 spins or less), I've tried a little over 75 times to acquire these two stars (I've gotten the other 3) to no avail...

I'm not a novice to Slingo. And I know Slingo is basically a modified slot machine game, and it's basically luck & chance with a bit of strategy thrown in, and I'm not thinking it should be so easy you could/should win without even trying, but when your clicker finger starts to go numb because you keep playing because you keep losing, over & over & over again, there seems to be a problem...

Hopefully someone at BF will look at this and see if there is some code problem and issue a fix...

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 7:27:54 PM PST

[Post New]by ragtopgirl001 on Jul 2, 10 6:31 AM
HI! I am having the same issues, says Game is Already Running, when it is not. I am sooo frustrated starting and stopping and checking and uninstalling and reinstalling. Have lots of other games from Big Fish, and this is my first issue in 4 years.

I have tried ALL the suggestions noted on the Help Page, now it is time for the big guns to get involved.

Big Fish: please help us play one of our favorite games before we lose interest.

[Post New]by MidnightsAngel67 on Jul 2, 10 12:43 PM
HELP!

I dont know if its a problem with my download or I am just stuck on a level but in The Upper Nile, "The Cherubs Chase" I can notj get past spin 10. The devil appears in one of my reels and nothing happens. The spin button does not "glow" again and I have clicked on EVERY single thing on the page and nothing happens. Is this a "trap" that I just cant figure out or is it a technical problem with my game?

Please help!

Kyandra
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kyandra on Jul 4, 10 2:17 PM
I've not had any issues with playing it. I have had one issue, in Egypt in Heart of the Tomb - Second Guardian - where one of the gold stars is for completing in 18 or less. I've not done it 300 times, but probably half a dozen, even closed game out and went back in - still do not earn that star.

Kyandra
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kyandra on Jul 4, 10 2:22 PM
PS and unrelated:

The Ibis says he lets you see hidden power-ups and matches for 3 spins, but even if you select it before your first spin, it only does it for 2.

[Post New]by merlinx57 on Jul 4, 10 2:46 PM
I think I purchased this one outright after only playing for 10 or 15 minutes! I LOVE Slingo. But...I feel strongly that this one's "bugs" sped up the demise of my two year old hard drive!! I have read most of the forum posts on this and I could have written any one of them describing the games "antics". I have just gotten my system back up and running [upgraded from WinXP to Win7 with 1Tb HD], but I am afraid to reinstall the game. I hope that a revision is soon forthcoming.

[Post New]by paula1849 on Jul 22, 10 8:46 AM
I couldn't get Slingo Quest Egypt to open either. But I finally got it to work.

I had originally installed the purchased game through Firefox. After reading the posts here, I went into Windows Task Manager. In the Process I looked for the SlingoQuest process and closed it out.

Then went into IE and tried to download the trial version and gave it permissions to run on my machine. It loaded once, I got an error message from windows saying it may not have loaded properly. I clicked to have it reload with proper settings and voila it works. Now I can't wait to play.

I am running Windows 7 64bit. There definitely seems to be a loading issue.

[Post New]by merlinx57 on Jul 22, 10 6:57 PM
to bfgZambezi: Have the producers of the game issued an update/revision?? I have purchased this game, but I have not reinstalled it since my computer crashed. I am confident that this game's inability to perform properly was VERY instrumental in that crash. My trust in the Slingo trademark has a BIG DENT in it!! I suspect that everyone has this question too. I will not reinstall until I am assured that these issues have been corrected. None of the other Slingo games have acted this way; all my other BigFish games are very healthy and seem to perform well in Win7. The logical conclusion is that the Egypt game has big problems that need to be fixed. I remain hopeful...

teeb2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

18 spins or less

[Post New]by teeb2 on Jul 25, 10 6:43 AM
I am also having trouble with the 18 spins or less star on one of the devil guardian levels.

I have completed under 18 (under 14 at times) spins and I still don't get the star. Is there any way to circumvent/fix this bug?

EDIT: I played and I played and I tried 18 total spins including scrabble shuffles as a spin (ie winning by 12) then I realised - it is too easy to win the board by 18 but not to win the 'game' by 18. So I aimed for a score over 85K and less then 18 spins... and I won the star.

Also a star for 19Mill on the bouncing board gave me all the stars for this game!

Thanks, Fishy, it was fun!

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 8:32:16 PM PST

[Post New]by ghgrhghghgruhfhg on Jan 20, 11 6:52 PM
The problem I am having is that when I do open the game, it just keeps keeps on the screen about deleting profile. i hit cancel and it keeps popping back up. I cant get into the actual game toplay

[Post New]by beasley049 on Dec 19, 11 9:36 AM
I can't get the game to unstall, I have tried everything it keeps telling me I need to finish playing but I can't even get into the game so I can't play anything eles or do anything so help asas

[Post New]by beasley049 on Dec 19, 11 9:39 AM
Someone please help I have done everything ,my husband will be upset if I don't get this fix asap on his computer,,

beasley049@aol.com

Go to: