maxminpin
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by maxminpin on Jun 25, 10 8:49 PM
I finally got the post to open the secret passage. But was still having some trouble at the end. But I did get to finish the gave. Otherwise than these problems loved the game.

dene1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by dene1 on Jun 25, 10 10:17 PM
When I downloaded the full version, suddenly the college pin was missing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Same problem. How do I fix this?

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Jun 26, 10 6:34 PM
I just started playing trial, I think I downloaded it yesterday. The graphics are awesome, no problems there...
BUT
What is up with the game. I've completed all the tasks in the first chapter and have no option to go to the next location.
I'm just stalled.
The walk through says take Hawthorne's hand to the next location but the Hawthorne ghost is long gone and I have no idea how to get it back.
My hints are also useless.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jun 27, 10 9:18 PM
Ok well counting the 8 pgs that were deleted, now there's 10 pgs, really, of tech issues w/ this game. I WANT TO PLAY IT & I CAN'T. So sorry, have a coupon & buy something else. I WANT THIS GAME. The rebuild isn't working out well, either.

I agree w/ the peep who stated deletion of the previous 8 pgs was very unprofessional. Why sticky a tech thread at all if you're going to pretend it was never there & you solved the problem, b/c you didn't solve it. Being able to play the game I want & bought is resolution to me. Throwing a coupon at me is not resolution.

My pc isn't pitching a fit over anything except this game. That means there is something in it that my pc doesn't like. How is this my pc's fault when it's perfectly well-behaved otherwise? I am really shocked that after 2 wks these glitches can't be fixed properly.

This is from a reputable dev, not some fly by night outfit that just opened up & doesn't have a clue. I went right to them when BFG couldn't resolve the issue. Yknow what they said? Turn off your firewall! Are you kidding me? When I own a game, I don't need to be online to play it; ergo, HUH?

I'm disappointed w/ both sets of CS atm. This access violation thing happens quite often & these little game glitches are absurd. What happened btwn now & the beta test that it's such a mess? Is anyone still working on resolution of these issues, or are we going to get that < 1% that can never play it stuff? I'm thinking that's still A LOT of ppl judging by forum member count alone who can't & who are going to be voting w/ their feet real soon unless this kind of thing stops & gets fixed. Hey, you don't care if 300,000 or so ppl aren't opening their wallets, what incentive do we have to do so? Not much IMHO.

This WAS a great game but I will not be buying from this dev in the future & am seriously considering dropping my BFG membership as well. I'm not a big spender so I suppose they don't much care, but I suspect plenty of others are doing it, too, & eventually all those little purchases are going to add up. I couldn't even buy a lousy DD last wk b/c it wanted to charge me full price & still haven't heard back from CS about it. Last month Felix ate my game credit. What's the 411, BFG? Does anything work anymore? This is NOT the quality you had less than a yr ago.

baresalot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by baresalot on Jun 28, 10 7:06 PM
jr88fan435 wrote:I finished the puzzle in the judges room with the coins and didn't my bag of coins. I have restarted the game 2 times now and still nothing. So what good is a game that doesn't give you everything you need to play it?

im having same issue. no bag of coins. so we have to start game all over ?? damn this sucks. really makes me NOT want to buy any more games if this crap is gonna start. this game was going really good too. Now i have to start all over again. this sucks.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Still won't run

[Post New]by Cynkee on Jun 30, 10 9:57 AM
Purchased game when it first came out. Kept getting error, noted in deleted tech issues string. Finally had to get a game credit.

I enjoyed the demo so much, so when a new version came up, thought I'd give it another try. Now it's just a different error - Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trial.exe has stopped working. So, still won't run for me. Very disappointed. (And yes, I've checked all the updates, yadda, yadda.)

Guess I'll get another game credit and see if this game is available on another site. Maybe that will fix it.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jun 30, 10 6:10 PM
I've never gotten the game to play correctly but my free hour counter had gone down to 40 minutes anyway from all the times I tried to start it. Then, something happened and it tried to activate, even though I didn't buy it. Now, I can't do anything with it.

Is there a way to delete it so that it doesn't remember all the times I tried it and deleted it before?

[Post New]by jdarko on Jul 1, 10 1:16 PM
Hey all!,

I can't get past first screen with pen. When I place pen over/on ink pot games freezes. So I don't know if I like the game since I haven't been able to play it. BAH

[Post New]by Cajsar on Jul 1, 10 1:56 PM
Having some problems. After instalation i can start the game. But after i have closed it down and try to start it again it says
"Unable to start game, another game is currently running. Please end that game or restart your computer if the game is not responding"

I do not have another game running, restarting the computer does not help. To make it start again i need to remove the game manager and the game and reinstall it all over.

How can i make it work without having to reinstall everythin over and over again?

[Post New]by fictiongal on Jul 1, 10 5:18 PM
Purchased game when it first came out. Kept getting error, noted in deleted tech issues string. Finally had to get a game credit.

I enjoyed the demo so much, so when a new version came up, thought I'd give it another try. Now it's just a different error - Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trial.exe has stopped working. So, still won't run for me. Very disappointed. (And yes, I've checked all the updates, yadda, yadda.)

Guess I'll get another game credit and see if this game is available on another site. Maybe that will fix it.

Well, at least you got a game credit, I've been writing for a while and just not getting any response. I'd take a game credit.

Edited on 07/01/2010 at 5:18:33 PM PST

Twiggy43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Twiggy43 on Jul 2, 10 4:14 AM
Hi everyone, I've been on BF a long time now but this is the first time I've posted.

I am trying to play the trial but I keep getting the error access code 0x77D2C23C so if this the most updated version it still isn't playing correctly. I so want to play this game and possibly buy it whilst the JULY4THSALE is on but it seems that isn't going to be possible!!

I've looked for the updates that BF have told us to do but alas, no updates available.
Come on BF what can I do to be able to play and buy this game before the time runs out?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi to all fishies everywhere from the Channel Island of Jersey (south of the UK)

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 4:21:13 AM PST

Doesn't show but it's running

[Post New]by Miramaromartin on Jul 2, 10 10:30 AM
I'm seeing all of these graphics complaints but mine aren't working at all. I've reinstalled at least five times and yet I still see nothing. Only when I pull up my Task Manager and go under processes, do I see the program running.

How can I fix this?

Also, this is not the demo. I have Window's XP, use Firefox, and I just use plain Windows Defender.

[Post New]by VerlaL2 on Jul 3, 10 3:33 PM
Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

sccs13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sccs13 on Jul 4, 10 6:41 AM
I am running the game on a windows 7 PC and when I change the resolution to 1024X768 it cuts the top of the screen off. I don't know what to do the bring the screen down more. Can anyone help with this problem?

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 10:15:22 AM PST

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jul 5, 10 12:47 AM
Well, since I couldn't get to it to delete it and I couldn't find a way to make it stop being "in progress", I went ahead and bought it to activate and unstick it.

And, it didn't play any better than before.

But, I did install it on my old Windows XP machine and it played just fine there. It was a great game. It's a shame they won't fix the flaws so it plays for everybody.

Mwedel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mwedel on Jul 6, 10 5:37 PM
VerlaL2 wrote:Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have made several players and every one of them has been gone when I return to the game after closing it. It is not saving the players or their progress in the game.

How can you save the game if you can't even save the players?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 9, 10 11:53 PM
Still can't play, and I bought the dam thing on the sale, hoping CS could fix it. I've done everything, and still nothing.

I had exactly the same problem with Otherside: Realm of Eons. I had the same problem at another site located here in the states. Then I DL'd and tried it at a Russian site, and it works perfectly. Maybe I have to wait for SWT to get there. Their GM works very differently than the two I tried first. I guess I will buy it from the Russians, LOL. Maybe their DRM works differently, I don't know. I did want to buy it from the other site, since they have it on sale.

There have just been way too many access violations since the new Games Manager was put into effect.

[Post New]by gwford1 on Jul 11, 10 7:59 AM
I, too, was getting the Access Violation error when the game started...both by going through the BF Game Manager and by starting directly through the .exe. I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) and when I used the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option, Windows changed the compatibility to Windows XP (SP 3). That didn't resolve the problem. So, just for the heck of it, I manually changed compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2) and now it seems to run fine. Go figure!

[Post New]by Seagullible on Jul 13, 10 5:21 PM
Bought the full version and now game freezes during the matching pairs game in Sarah Good's cabin. Very frustrating!

Joy007too
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Joy007too on Jul 29, 10 1:58 AM
BF, there are serious problems with this game and deleting pages of posts about the problems will not fix them. In the past, BF offered stellar customer service. What happened? From the limited time I played this is a very good game but in my case the game will not save. I've tried deleting the game and cookies, and then reinstalling and it does the same thing. Not cool. BF, get your act together or you are going to see it in your bottom line. In this tough economy, people will not spend $ for things that have problems and will look for other entertainment forms.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 2:04:04 AM PST

Go to: