WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 18 4:42 PM
While the storyline didn't grab me, this game had more challenging puzzles AND hops than I've seen in a while. Not saying they're super challenging, but better than the same ol' same ol' of late.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 11, 18 12:17 PM
Excellent mix of HOs and Mini-Games.

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game.

The Bonus Game is a true bonus, from the standpoint is brings closure to the Black Magic King.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Mar 16, 18 3:39 AM
minesita wrote:Well, there are members (as me), who don't like more the HOS.

Actually, I'll post a different thread asking BF for more adventure games.

Regarding "Mystery of the Ancients" is a good game, but I agree with steve_san that the storyline is not so interesting (IMO).

Happy gaming,
M.

It's great that you're enjoying the puzzles. The problem, as I see it, is that these games are listed as hidden object when they really are puzzle games. I don't want to waste my time downloading/demo them to discover it's a game I would never purchase if it were categorized correctly.

Just looked at my budget history and 4 yrs ago, my average monthly BG expediture was $75+. It is now less than $40 and I predict that it will be less as developers have not listened to those of us who do not want our HO games overtaken with puzzles.

Lastly, I play games to relax, not tear my hair out trying to figure out some dang puzzle I didn't want to play in the first place.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 21, 18 9:53 AM
I prefer hops too. This is a fun game. The hops are well done. The puzzles are relaxed. I love the throwback to Sealed and Forgotten which has a baby groot. It's xray ( the baby groot xray was in one of their hops). Had problems with the game ever since I updated. Long pauses and jerky. Even on the play page.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 11:18:19 AM PST

Go to: