govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 24, 10 7:20 AM
Belamba and Tarbarme- thank you for the information on the length of game and the bonus level.

3 hour game and a couple of puzzles as bonus

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 7:22:04 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 24, 10 7:31 AM
excellent series , and this edition is just as good!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 24, 10 7:37 AM
I played the demo and I think I'll wait for the regular game as II don't feel it's worth the extra money. Don't get me wrong, this game is as beautiful as all the other Dream Chronicle games but I just read all the comments and I thank all of you who left detailed ones so it helped me to decide not to buy the Collectors Edition. Plus, it seems to be quite short in playing time.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jun 24, 10 7:40 AM
After reading all the reviews, I will not buy the CD, I will wait for next game, at meantime there are world cup and tennis on T.V.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 24, 10 7:51 AM
I just finished the demo and loved the game, Since I already filled a punch card this month, I was going to wait until next month and get the CE. But after reading about how there is not much extra bonus play, I will wait for the SE to come out in a couple of weeks. And then we will all wait for the NEXT chapter....

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 24, 10 8:18 AM
I was so looking forward to this game, but after playing 20 mins. of demo it did not grab me like the others. Maybe I need to give it more time. I really want to like it but will probably wait for the 6.99 version.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 24, 10 8:45 AM
kinda short...done allready....xtra gameplay is maybe 15 minutes in case you want to wait....wish i had

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jun 24, 10 8:51 AM
Charging $20 for this is a joke. Enjoyed the prior stories but this one is lacking. I think the developer's lost interest and are depending on the hype to sell it as a CE.

What a disappointment.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jun 24, 10 9:00 AM
Thanks Bella and Nykelli for the reviews.

While I loved all the previous Dream Chronicles games, there's no way I'll spend $20 for a CE game. Did that once and was grevously disappointed. Sounds like this is a good, solid 6.99 game, which I will purchase when the SE comes out.

If I'm going to pay $20 for a game, I want and all his/her minions doing a live song-and-dance performance in my living room, lol.

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 9:01:23 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 24, 10 9:21 AM
I didn't like the other two dream chronicles games. First of all the items are TOO SMALL and hard to find and see which I depise. Secondly, the second one had a first-person maze near the end which totally ruined the game for me, I had to quit and since I knew I couldn't finish the game at that point, I uninstalled it. (First-person movement like that makes me extremely ). Therefore I have been disappointed in these games, and won't even consider this one. CE or not, it's unlikely I will buy it because as someone else said, the items are teeny tiny AGAIN.

I agree the background graphics are really nice in these games but otherwise I honestly don't see what all the hype is about. But that's just my opinion.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Jun 24, 10 9:33 AM
I will definitely be waiting until the normal priced game come out before I even think of buying it. This one didn't compare to the other two games. My gripe with this game is you have to find the dream gems (not that I had a problem) to progress with the game.
What happened to the story line? Just because it's the third game doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 24, 10 9:36 AM
To the two previous posters, this is DC 4. Which one did you miss?
Thank you for the useful reviews. I'll wait.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 24, 10 9:49 AM
Love Dream Chronicles. After reading other fishies comments and played the hour demo, I will wait for the SE. Thanks to all for your imput!

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Jun 24, 10 10:32 AM
I am a Dream Chronicles addict.... this game was good, somewhat of a let down from the others.
The first ones seemed more of a challange, the puzzles were more involved.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, the art work is amazing, and the story was good.
Since I always play the games with the sound off, I was spared the sound of the annoying voice.
Hope the next installment is just as good.

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on Jun 24, 10 10:41 AM
Having read the reviews, I'll wait for the SE before demo'ing.

I found the first DC game lovely, the second one bordering on tedious (but at least there, the maze had a map) and the third one I wanted to delete before completing it - and when I did complete it, I took great joy in deleting it. More joy in fact than I did from completing it.

I'm disillusioned with the DC series, and this appears to only further back what I feel. It's style over substance, and pretty things are nice - but they aren't the be-all-and-end-all of good games. And while it is bad to feel this way - I hope this CE sells badly in order to remind the developers of that. They have the artists, but they are skimping on the gameplay and wanting to charge more for it.

However, in a month's time, I'll probably still pick it up - then moan later, as is my perogative!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jun 24, 10 11:15 AM
nykelli1843 wrote:Charging $20 for this is a joke. Enjoyed the prior stories but this one is lacking. I think the developer's lost interest and are depending on the hype to sell it as a CE.

What a disappointment.

Have to agree with this and other similar comments. I'm very disappointed and cross that I spent $19.99 on this game. I expected it to be up to the standard of the other 3 games but it isn't.

[Post New]by cat006 on Jun 24, 10 11:22 AM
I am so disappointed that I bought the CE version - the game was way too short for 20 bucks. It was fun, but should have been at least twice as long.

redsjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by redsjoy on Jun 24, 10 12:42 PM
I've been waiting for this game along time now. Was kind of disappointed. Bought this morning and just finished game. Wasn't as good as others to me. Graphics were great. Had sound turned down so I really couldn't here voice. Was alot easier that the previous Dream Chronicles.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 24, 10 12:43 PM
An actual adventure game?? Hell yes! Can't wait to play it.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jun 24, 10 12:47 PM
I have to agree that this blows!!!!! I can't believe i spent 20 bucks on this game.

Go to: