Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scarlettbleu on Jun 24, 10 11:27 AM
I keep getting a "Flash Player required for install" message when trying to install. I have Adobe Flash, and whether I click yes or no the install fails.

moandco
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by moandco on Jun 24, 10 11:34 AM
I keep getting a "Flash Player 8 or higher required" message. Thing is, I properly uninstalled my old one, and updated to 10.1 just over a week ago. Very frustrating, I'm really looking forward to this game. *big sigh*

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 24, 10 12:18 PM
Me too !!! Dream Chronicles has Bed Bugs , I beta this game & didn't have any Tech issues , picked me up from where I left off this one , kicked me out , I am (one) the ones that the strategy guide still doesn't work for Puppetville ,,so ,,,Don't say it's my Flash drive cause the Beta works & this one doesn't ...What a freging shame , The week is already up & now this ,,, !!! Cheers ,

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 24, 10 12:51 PM
Hey OLDBAY,

It's possible that the beta version might be getting in the way of the released version if you have both installed on your computer. My suggestion would be to uninstall all versions of "The Book of Air" (including the beta) and reinstall from your Purchase History. This might correct the problem.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling doesn't help, you can always shoot a message over to Customer Support, or hop in to Live Chat.

For those who are getting a Flash error, it might help to shut down and restart your computer to make sure that the Flash installation completed. It's also important to install Flash using Internet Explorer, rather than Firefox, otherwise the install may not have worked.

Flash Player Installation Instructions
1.      Open Internet Explorer. You must install Flash Version 8 or higher to work with Internet Explorer.  
2.      Go to the Adobe Macromedia website to install the latest playerhttp://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
3 .      Follow the instructions on the site.  
4.      After installation, reboot your computer.

If you need any assistance with the above suggestions, please contact Customer Support. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:31:08 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 24, 10 1:02 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

If you are experiencing a black screen or display issues, it may help to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates are quick and are almost always free. Here is a link with more information.

One person describing this problem has a Mac. Your solution does not apply to Macs!

In general, you might think of having a thread for PC tech errors and Mac tech errors where both versions are available and covered here in the All Games Forum.

Thank you, Tigris!

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jun 24, 10 1:14 PM
I downloaded the game and now it says trial is over and I've never even gotten to open it. Another Oops! guys.

shervy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shervy on Jun 24, 10 2:56 PM
Hi all,
anyone having the problem that the try it now game just wont download at all. Hmmm frustrating as i would like to try the demo b4 buying the CE. If anyone has any ideas on what i could do i thankyou in advance.

cheers all

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 24, 10 4:16 PM
Thanks , I am just getting back , I would love for this to work , thanks for your help ...Cheers,

moandco
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moandco on Jun 24, 10 4:48 PM
Thanks so much for the Internet Explorer/Flash player tip, bfgZambezi. As a Firefox user, it just never occurred to me to update via IE, plus that info wasn't in BF's Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen Help section, just the more general uninstall/reinstall, which I followed. So here's hoping
Thanks again.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 24, 10 5:26 PM
Nope , still not working ???

[Post New]by sheltieFan on Jun 24, 10 5:38 PM
tribrach wrote:o.k. so I played the hour (try before you buy, yes?) Loved the game & I splashed out & bought it .....I arrive at the clockmakers home, & at that point (when I solve a clock puzzle; done 2 so far) I get an error violation & I have to close the game! At least I don't lose all my progress BUT I'm getting this problem every time I try to exit the close-up. Great
Looks like a trip to the Tech. boys & girls....sadly, not for the first time. It's happened quite a bit recently.
Am I the only one this is happening to?

[Post New]by sheltieFan on Jun 24, 10 5:39 PM
I'm in the same boat trebach is! This is crazy!

moandco
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moandco on Jun 24, 10 5:59 PM
BfgZambezi's Flashplayer tips did the trick for me. Thanks so much, the game is gorgeous, as are they all, and I played the demo hour with no further problems. Please please put the Flash/IE info on the appropriate help page - it did the trick for me.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 24, 10 6:01 PM
I have finished the game and it is riddled with glitches. Very frustrating. There are many points where it doesn't respond or responds slowly to clicks. Every time you set coordinates and refuel, it tells you that it needs to be done and you can't leave until you do it all over again, sometimes more than once. The only time it worked right was the first time. The music scores are the same way...kept finishing it and having to redo it. Huge waste of time. The strategy guide has major chunks of info missing as it runs off the bottom of the page...on multiple pages. That is certainly not worth the extra $13. This was my first CE and I am very disappointed. Loved this series and this game did not live up to them, both technically and from a gaming perspective.

blndbomer
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by blndbomer on Jun 24, 10 6:17 PM
When I 1st tried to enter the school,the game shut down and I received an Error Violation message.I uninstalled my old Flash Player,updated to the 10.1 version and also updated my DirectX.I have Firefox.I played the entire game with ZERO problems!Can't wait for the next game!

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 6:21:53 PM PST

blndbomer
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by blndbomer on Jun 24, 10 6:20 PM
Pertigal wrote:I have finished the game and it is riddled with glitches. Very frustrating. There are many points where it doesn't respond or responds slowly to clicks. Every time you set coordinates and refuel, it tells you that it needs to be done and you can't leave until you do it all over again, sometimes more than once. The only time it worked right was the first time. The music scores are the same way...kept finishing it and having to redo it. Huge waste of time. The strategy guide has major chunks of info missing as it runs off the bottom of the page...on multiple pages. That is certainly not worth the extra $13. This was my first CE and I am very disappointed. Loved this series and this game did not live up to them, both technically and from a gaming perspective.

I thought it ran off the end of the page also,but on the side of the page is a bar.If you slide it down it keeps going.

[Post New]by kdmsmom on Jun 24, 10 6:22 PM
I got all the way to the end of chapter 5 (Water Collector) but it won't let me balance the very last item. The symbol to match is just an X...should be able to use the / and \ together, but it won't balance the item and let me place it on the wheel. Have tried all other combinations possible with no success. No option to skip either. Very frustrating as I've plodded through the entire game only to stall just before the ending!!! Especially after splurging to get the Collector's Edition!!!

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 6:24:04 PM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 24, 10 6:26 PM
Well I've done the flash player thing, although all my other games run fine and we regularly up date it. I'm still worried about the glitches. I know at least one other person had problems using the reveal spell on the map as I did. Also problems with the game registering that I had finished the totem pole music puzzle. It did not transfer notes to the book. I'm starting from scratch and hoping I don't have the same problems.
Wish me luck!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 24, 10 6:41 PM
blndbomer wrote:

I thought it ran off the end of the page also,but on the side of the page is a bar.If you slide it down it keeps going.

ARGH! You SLIDE it? I clicked that thing from top to bottom, never thought to slide it. *sigh* Thank you.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 24, 10 6:43 PM
kdmsmom wrote:I got all the way to the end of chapter 5 (Water Collector) but it won't let me balance the very last item. The symbol to match is just an X...should be able to use the / and \ together, but it won't balance the item and let me place it on the wheel. Have tried all other combinations possible with no success. No option to skip either. Very frustrating as I've plodded through the entire game only to stall just before the ending!!! Especially after splurging to get the Collector's Edition!!!

It's not the \ and the/. One of them is ---.

Go to: