Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jun 25, 10 2:15 PM
Can't make up my mind about this one. Yes, items are small. It's not a hidden object game per se (as with a list of items to find in each scene) and it's not FROG.

It's what I call a task game, lol. Find these items to complete this task (find shears to remove bushes, etc.), mixed with gathering items to move on.

I almost finished demo and found so far, I haven't needed to use the crystals at all; guess you collect them to use the map.

So far, in 50 minutes, I've visited several scenes. Have noticed that you don't need to complete a scene fully before moving on--in fact, you go to a new scene and find/use an object needed in another scene.

Mini-games offered no challenge so far. Within each mini-game there is a help button that explains what needs to be done (so many games omit this and it drives me bonkers sometimes trying to determine what the objective is).

Reminds me of the Magic Encylopedia games in a way.

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
941 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 25, 10 2:27 PM
Thought this one of the best games I've played in ages. Plenty to do,to think about and really frustrating at times (in a positive way).
Would love more games like this!
Good hint system, charming graphics and the music not irritating.
Last many hours too.............hope there's a sequel!

JOACT2050
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JOACT2050 on Jun 25, 10 2:54 PM
Great game way better than "Dream".....and cost less to....

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 25, 10 3:10 PM
NOW, I have played the demo. I AGREE
ITS a search game!

I really like it, but to me its different Finding the objects is like ENLIGHTENUS.

It took a few min. to et started at first. And also I had to really LQQK careful to SEE items, I can see why some are having problems seeing them.

I wish it had the MAG. GLASS like BURNHILDA has, NOW that is awesome glass. Its better then my granny old BIG hand held oval one. I think you could see a flea on the dog with it.

I will be using a coupon on this game
Happy Gaming
PEN

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jun 25, 10 3:14 PM
This is a great game and after the demo, I bought it immediately.

There are crystals that you collect in most scenes and once you have collected all the crystals in a particular scene, you get the map for that scene. The crystals are small and do remind me a lot of the crystals in the Dream Chronicles games, but they are not that difficult to find. You use the crystals to buy stuff in the Store in the town.

You do have to go back and forth to look for stuff to be used in a particular place, but using the map makes it easier to go directly to where you need to go. I did find that it just made me want to go on playing because areas opened up as you progress. The tasks you have to do are very interesting.

The game is not overly difficult and you do not really have to refer to the walkthrough at all. The scenes are very lovely, music is pleasant, and sometimes when you re-visit a scene, it will be different.

I would recommend it, but that is just my opinion. Try it for yourself.

Happy Gaming

mulan1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mulan1 on Jun 25, 10 3:33 PM
Enjoyed the demo so far. Some objects are so small and well hidden they are hard to find but overall good game and sound. Mini games are not too hard - thank goodness . Will surely buy the game.Thanks BF.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 25, 10 4:13 PM
This is a good change of pace game. Not too difficult or slow, beautiful graphics and sounds and just enough hints to move at a steady pace. I used one of my 4 completed punch cards from last month after playing about 20 minutes of the trial game. I'm a senior citizen that can't sit in one spot too long and this game enables me to stop and start with ease. The auto save feature is good, hint system fills quickly and the map is my new "best friend" LOL! I recommend this game if nothing else for the beautiful graphics and sound effects. I'm happy with my decision to download the complete game. I also want to note that after the purchase, there was an update to be downloaded and it went smoothly. So far I haven't experienced any glitches or such. I give this game 's up!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 25, 10 6:55 PM
This game is totally awesome! There is so much to love about it I don't know where to start. It is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Thank you, thank you, BFG!!!

rhonayotte
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,499 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 25, 10 7:46 PM
Ahhhhh! What a breath of fresh air! I am really loving this game. Personally, I am not finding the objects too small at all. The graphics are lovely, music is perfect for each scene you are in. It's challenging enough for me to the point where I am scratching my head wondering what I need to be doing next. But it's not frustrating. Looks like it will be a decent length for me. I still have lots to do according to the walk through. As it is, I find I am just staring at some of the scenes to enjoy them and listen to the ambiance sounds. It feels very relaxing to me. Nice!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,094 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 25, 10 9:28 PM
i think we finally have it... a game that revolves around a gypsy that isn't all about tarot cards and voodoo and animal sacrifices and witches and devils... but there are fairies and harvest offerings and swirling up potions in a kitchen pot and one very paranoid monk... how about it, guys? is this the soft and friendly dark side everyone has been searching for?

personally, i like this game... very down to earth for a game about a gypsy and a magic tower... items you need to find are well-hidden but findable - the little crystals *blink* to let you know where they are! - and actually make sense... i mean, everything you have to do in the garden is actually something that would be done or found in a garden, right down to the statue offering to promote oneself with the powers that be so that next year's harvest would be as or more bountiful than this one... like i said, down to earth...

the music is light and lifting, nothing corny, repetitive, or down right annoying... the characters are okay, but i think they could have a little more 'personality'... i enjoyed the animated backdrops and was glad to see that some developers are still interested in keeping up with the joneses... nothing extra special, but the mini-games so far have been varying in style and in skill - the hint and skip buttons are always there to fall back on, but my hard head just won't let me do it! in an early scene, i did use the hint to see how it worked and what kind of recharge it had on it - the item was highlighted with a ring of sparks and the button recharged rather quickly... i like being able to bounce between scenes via the map instead of running around all over the place... i also like that it is a privilege won by finding crystals, not something that just happens to be part of normal gameplay... i think that makes it something most players will come to appreciate as the game goes on...

i was able to complete about forty percent of my map before logging off after 55 mins, but know i have things to do in many of those locations that i haven't been prompted to, yet... i also see a cheat sheet in my future reminding of what location had what extra items i might need to collect and what extra tasks i may need to complete... for those who get lost easily in these "maze" games that have players going back and forth to find and do things, i strongly urge you to find those crystals that will unlock your map locations... it makes it so much easier!!

good luck

katejoe999
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 26, 10 2:46 AM
Wonderful game! I really like it.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,626 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 26, 10 3:40 AM
Even with having to use a magnifying glass at times due to the darkness and size of the object I was seeking (please can we have a built in one next time hint hint) this is a lovely game and well worth it's price. I love having the map to get from one place to another quickly.

C

peascot
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by peascot on Jun 26, 10 3:59 AM
Loved the game...I tried the trial for about 10 mins , then purchased the full game..

Thumbs up from me...

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 3:59:56 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 26, 10 5:14 AM
What a lovely game. Certainly reset my mood for the day. The graphics are beautiful, you find yourself there in the woods with the sounds of nature around you. Very restful. Then one goes, "oh yeah..I'm gaming" and off you go looking for things that are needed.
I really didn't want to leave the forest to go to the town because that is too close to real life, but one MUST have the combination to break into the cottege. Too bad.
Anyway, the music is soft and supportive,,it is not a short loop that drives you crazy.
The drawing in this game is really well done...muted colours , lots of deep values..someone really knows how to paint. It has a feel of a game from Eastern Europe, not sure why, but it does. I think it reminds me of the forests in germany or something..
This is certainly a buy. I'd like to know how long the game play is before I hit the buy button, anyone know?

robert56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by robert56 on Jun 26, 10 7:30 AM
l have bought this game and was really enjoying it, till l got to the injured deer l have to make a potion of honey comb ans aloha. but when l click on beehive it wont let me take honey, iv tried everything and it wont work, please help cant go any further

robert56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by robert56 on Jun 26, 10 7:33 AM
l have bought this game and was really enjoying it, till l got to the injured deer l have to make a potion of honey comb ans aloha. but when l click on beehive it wont let me take honey, iv tried everything and it wont work, please help cant go any further

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 26, 10 8:10 AM
Just finished the demo of this game and loved it!! The game features attractive graphics, non-intrusive music, a nice variety of things to do and the option of turning off the custom cursor. The hour demo gameplay was fairly easy for me, but it had enough challange to hold my interest. I was disappointed when the time expired. I found the method of search-and-find in this game to be a pleasant change from the traditional method of searching for items named on a list.

I highly recommend that you give the game a try!!

This will definitely be a purchase for me, but I'll wait until early July so it can go on next month's Punch Card.

Thanks BFG and developers!! Great job!

Classicaljazz

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,181 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 26, 10 8:28 AM
Beautiful, cute, interesting AND different. I LOVE this game!!

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jun 26, 10 9:29 AM
The graphics are really not that clear which is a shame because they could be absolutely lovely with a little more focus to attention. The music, when you reach scenes where there is music, is nice. I found it a choppy play - lots of pregnant pauses when switching screens, but that could be my computers fault.

It's a cute game. Would I buy it? Not sure. The graphics annoy me a little too much to love this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,181 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 26, 10 11:10 AM
I see several members with comments about bad graphics and graphics not clear enough. I thought the graphics were wonderful. I had no trouble finding any of the objects, and the images all looked lovely. Couldn't have asked for a better game.

Go to: