what a waste of money!

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:what a waste of money!

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 25, 10 6:12 PM
xine48 wrote:Big Fish is absolutely to blame. They license the game from the developers, then sell it to us. Do they not test the games they buy? Sure they do. They should have told the developers it wasn't ready yet. This is so bad compared to the first three, I don't know why they bothered, It is tedious and even in the challenge mode it is way too easy, AS for the developers, since this series is beloved by most , they thought they could get away with producing a piece of garbage. I am sure this is the end of Dream chronicles and it makes me sad because I loved them.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 25, 10 6:14 PM
just think i want to make it clear 3 keys game over loads of cogs games and thats it 20 dollars dont bother

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 25, 10 6:23 PM
raepaul wrote:Thanks for the warning, guys. I only played the demo and was going to use a club credit to buy it but was put off when they wanted $20 ($25 aud) instead. I'm disappointed in Big Fish. I've been a member since 2006 and purchased about 65 games, thats more than one a month. What is the point of being a loyal member and paying a monthly subscription, if we have to pay $20 extra for certain games. We could get them from anywhere else at that price.

"Big Fish" you need to redeem your credibility and give these people back their money or the equivalent in game credits.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 25, 10 6:24 PM
me to spent a lot at big fish and think we should all a game credit are you from australia

Pasha666
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Pasha666 on Jun 25, 10 6:25 PM
I agree this was not worth $20. I beta tested this game and was so thrilled I bought it immediately when it came out yesterday. I was quite disappointed when I got past where I had played to and realized I was about 3/4 of the way through. I guess you pays your money and you takes your chances. This was definitely not on a par with the three previous versions. What a letdown!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jun 26, 10 4:52 PM
Well, I think the number of "disappointees" on this game is enough to recall the game, fix it, and give everyone a refund. Afterall, that's what Kellogg is doing. 20 people got sick from some cereals so they're giving refunds and recalling 28 MILLION boxes of cereal.

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jun 26, 10 5:01 PM
Oh wow. I just shelled out the $20 for this game, which is something I've never done before, but all the previous Dream chronicles were so much fun, I figured this one would be too.

This is a full game? A $20 game? You've got to be kidding me! This is ridiculous.

Big Fish, please address your customer's complaints and do something about this. We're not happy.

If I would have read these forums, I would never have purchased this game.

I GUARANTEE I won't be buying any more $20.00 games - they are rip offs.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jun 26, 10 10:25 PM
Unbelieveable. I have played all of the DC games, and all of them were quite lengthy, with intriguing and varied puzzles. Most of them took me several days to finish.

I can't believe I paid $20 for a game I finished in less than 2 hours. I am very disappointed. Far from being varied, the gameplay is very repetitive and boring.

To top it off, whoever they got to voice the character of Lyra has one of the most annoying voices of all time! I don't know if she's affecting a British accent or is a Brit with a speech impediment or what, but I found her voice gratingly annoying.

Big Fish, you really blew it with this one. This game was barely worth the usual $6.99, much less $20. And the "bonus chapter" was not much at all - didn't even have a proper ending!

I might buy the next one, but not the CE version.

[Post New]by Egypsy on Jun 26, 10 11:16 PM
I've never posted on the forums before but after finishing this game I felt like I needed to. It actually makes me feel a little better that so many other people feel the same about this game. I rarely buy collector's editions, but most of the ones I've gotten at least have a good amount of extra gameplay.

I too relied on the good experience I've had with Dream Chronicles games in the past when I made the choice to buy this game, and now I feel like I've been ripped off by both Big Fish Games and the game's developer.

Here's hoping everyone else reads these reviews before purchasing.

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 11:21:18 PM PST

[Post New]by jac939 on Jun 26, 10 11:18 PM
I agree with the comments. When compared to the other Collector Edition games, this was short and not worth the extra money. When purchasing a CE game you have an expectation about the quality and size of the game, and unfortunately this one just didn't have it. I will be more hesitant about buying another CE game now because of this.

zener
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by zener on Jun 27, 10 1:15 AM
I have only played the demo - thanks to the comments above I will not be buying even the $6.99 version when available. Did others thnk with all the Jewels to be found there was too much "hunt the pixel" to be enjoyable ?

[Post New]by missbizzylizzy on Jun 27, 10 6:35 AM
I couldn't agree more. I rarely post on the forums but really felt I needed to with regard to this game. I didn't bother with the demo because the other DC games were excellent. What a complete waste of money. I think the developers were in a hurry to crank out another sequel. This particular chapter was fantastic but waaaaaay too short for the $20. Ugh!

And, YES, BFG is to blame as they agreed to sell it knowing the length of the game. I have bought several Collecter's Editions in the past but unless BFG is willing to offer some sort of compensation (game credits or partial refunds), this will absolutely be my last Collecter's Edition. I am actually rethinking my BFG membership altogether. There are other game sites out there.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jun 27, 10 6:38 AM
Try "Settlement: Colossus". It's awesome, interesting, relaxing, thoughtful, with longevity, soothing music (which you can turn off to hear nature at its best) and beautiful graphics.

[Post New]by nemo10 on Jun 27, 10 9:05 AM
I never post either, but I have to say this was the biggest waste of money. Wouldn't be worth $6.99. Has anyone asked Bigfish for a refund?

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Jun 27, 10 10:10 AM
Folks, I appreciate the comments regarding this game as I have loved all of the previous DCs and am really surprised that the developers skimped so much on this one.

That being said, this is not BFG's fault. They have a contract to sell all of PF's games (the developers of Dream Chronicles and Diner Dash) as PF is no longer selling from their website. I could be wrong, but I don't think that BFG can pick and choose which PF games to sell, and even if they did, with the popularity of DC and the amount of players waiting for the game to be released, if BFG did decide not to release it on their site, there would have been a hue and cry from the members as to why not.

Now, for the CEs, this is an ongoing debate. I don't know this for sure, but my understanding from what I've read on the subject is that it is the developers release the CEs first, then the regular games. BFG does not control that part. Now, if the developer released a highly awaited game like DC in a CE format, but BFG decided not to sell it (hypothetically, of course) because they considered it too short for the price, players would be screaming again as to why BFG didn't have the game when it had been released. In this case, BFG had no choice because they are under contract with PF to sell ALL of their games.

Some people love CEs, some hate them. Whether or not they are worth the price is subjective. I generally only buy CEs once I've heard others state it is worth the extra money (like with Royal Envoy with its 30 extra levels--definitely worth the $20). Otherwise, I wait a few weeks for the $6.99 version. Considering the time it takes to develop a well-designed game and how small the profit margin has gotten, the CEs at least offer the developers another opportunity to increase their revenue, enabling develop to better games. No one is holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy the CEs--I can just wait if I want.

While I am sorry that the current DC is not up to the standards of the previous, I will put the blame where it belongs--on PF, not BFG. As it is, BFG was caught between a rock and a hard place with regard to this game. It would be much better to go to the PF website and post your comments on the game there so that the developers understand why you are upset. If you do, please be detailed with your complaints--state exactly what it was that you did not like or they will have no idea how to correct it next time.

I will now take my soapbox and go home.

odarney
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odarney on Jun 27, 10 10:37 AM
I did play the free hour - and as Janeypat said - because this series of games, previous versions, were awesome - I bought it. Yikes - that bad, huh?

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jun 27, 10 11:41 AM
I have never heard such whining. come on people, it is just a game. such venom is coming out of these blogs. Jeez!!!

[Post New]by shelgeson4 on Jun 27, 10 12:19 PM
I played the demo and then bough the game, this game was to short to be $20, I agree the other DC games were great and they were only $6.99

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 27, 10 12:31 PM
lydiajmack wrote:I have never heard such whining. come on people, it is just a game. such venom is coming out of these blogs. Jeez!!!

Collector Edition discussions usually seem to get like this.

[Post New]by musicalbelle on Jun 27, 10 12:48 PM
Could not agree more. I like the previous games and this one did not even come close. I too feel like I was cheated out of $20. I am usually a fan of big fish games, but feel they made a very poor decision in approving this one as a collector. I would have been disappointed paying 6.99 to be truthful. I have come to expect a certain level of play for a collector game and this one really missed that mark. I will be sure to be very wary of purchasing future collector additions.

Go to: