georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 5 here.

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 5, 18 10:42 AM
I am also having the problem of being stuck in windowed mode after switching out of full screen briefly. I even tried uninstalling the game and downloading it again, but it's still insisting that there's a problem with the driver of the video adapter. Since it ran fine in full screen before, and since my other games run fine, I don't believe it's an issue with my computer. I also am running Windows 10 with all the latest updates, including having checked for updates to all my programs and drivers. This seems to be an issue with this particular game.

[Post New]by jansommer2 on Mar 5, 18 6:23 PM
I am also having the problem of being stuck in windowed mode. I have uninstalled then reinstalled the game, but it's still insisting that there's a problem with the driver of the video adapter. My other games run fine. I am running Windows 10 with all the latest updates, i have checked for updates to all my programs and drivers. This seems to be an issue with this particular game and not an issue with my computer.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 7, 18 1:21 PM
Hi georgiarealist and jansommer2,

I'm sorry that you're both running into the issue with switching the game back to full-screen mode. If the aforementioned troubleshooting has not resolved the issue (including adjusting the screen resolution), please contact our Technical Support Team. They will be able to collect helpful information when relaying our players' reports.

If there are additional questions, please PM one of our Moderators. We'll do all we can to help.

bfgArinelle

crkey
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by crkey on Mar 8, 18 5:16 AM
[b]Sorry, but I'm not having any tech issues. But can you do some kind of update to be able to turn off hints? They are driving me nuts! Now that I started playing these games, I play them over and over every day! Thank you for making them!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 8, 18 11:29 AM
Hello crkey,

It sounds like the hints are really bothersome. I absolutely understand wanting some help with this.

It's possible that Cursed House 5 has different modes of play. These can usually be found in the Options or Settings menu. Different play modes allow people to customize their experience by choosing how difficult they want their game to be. Easier play modes offer hints and tutorials while difficult play modes turn off the hint feature. Hopefully, this is available in Cursed House 5.

Thanks for reaching out. Please PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Fix! Windows 10 stuck in window display

[Post New]by Cbarbatus on Mar 8, 18 2:06 PM
I found this fix in the Cursed House 4 forum and it worked just fine!

Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by aurich on Oct 31, 17 11:58 AM
fneedles wrote:
Windows 10
I changed the game into window mode to check something on the internet and when I went back to the game and clicked on full screen I could only use window mode.
Game will not open in full screen mode and I receive a message about a videoadapter driver that cannot be launched. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times with the same result.
I see others are having the same problem -- hope you can help. This is a great game. All my other Big Fish games work properly.

I found a way to fix this.
You first have to be viewing all "Hidden Files"
Go to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\CursedHouse4"
Right Click the file "Settings.dat"
Go to "Open With..."
Select "More Apps"
Un-check "Always use this app to open .dat files"
Select your favorite text editor from the list.
When it is open, change the line "Fullscreen=0" to "Fullscreen=1"
Save the file and try the game again.

crkey
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by crkey on Mar 10, 18 3:50 AM
Thank you! I have been playing in Relaxed mode. I'll try one of the others.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 30, 18 1:16 AM
Thank you, Cbarbatus! That worked.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Mar 31, 18 6:52 AM
for those who has an issue with switching screen mode on the PC
you can also use Alt Enter to switch between full screen and window. In the next project this issue will be fixed.

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Apr 6, 18 5:43 PM
Thanks, FRHgames. Alt Enter fixed that full screen issue for me, quick & easy.

Go to: