GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

Re:What to buy with Gold Coins?

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 25, 18 10:57 AM
globetrotter217 wrote:And hh are often fun to play!

I often wish we could play the HH more than once. Sometimes it takes me a couple of moves before I "get it" then...ding, ding ding...the lightbulb comes on and the scene is completed. Wish I could do it again

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 27, 18 7:14 AM
I 'think' players who've amassed large banks are not the norm for the game but the exception, been long term players, play patiently,etc... That's not saying either mode is right nor wrong. I do wonder tho, if reports of huge banks may encourage some to quit or even worse devs to increase difficulty, decrease coinage... Happened with another game from BFG, anyone remember ....Castle? It's a mere shadow of the game it once was, loaded with problems too! Just my op...

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 27, 18 10:49 AM
If the coins are seldom used they become worthless because they can't be gifted or cashed out it some way, I can understand why people like to have a large amount but they are a tool in the game meant to be spent for hh and building ports or buying boosts to help beat the levels. Sounds like many people have quit MC, many of the free games are loaded with problems, they don't seem to put much effort into stellar development on the freebies, probably because they are free, but I do have to say I have never had any type of glitch or tech problem with GD on the pc version, but I don't like the fact the pc users do not get the same events as the mobile players, in the last freebie I played all users got all of the events but I'm guessing it is because this is a app game and then they modified a version for pc, the mobile players go to their app stores for updates, I think, and mine come from BF.

Rational1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Rational1 on Feb 28, 18 6:45 AM
Wow. Lots of replies to my initial post. Here are some of my additional comments.
First, I am now in Beijing. I can now usually complete a city so fast that I have to wait for a new one. I usually do the Everest challenges and any special events.

Next, as some have indicated, I find the hh pretty much entirely useless in addition to other features like travel vouchers. Initially you have to use them unless you want to be very patient, but for about the last 20-30 cities, I have not used a single hh. I have built up all my shipping ports to 15k, so I can easily ship enough resources to new cities and I don't need to buy hh resources anymore. I also pause in my last city before building the last landmark, so that I can still ship it resources while waiting for a new city. I have more than 10M of all three resources in many cities, and for Boston have more than 25M of all three.

I also find that the shovel is the most useful and economical booster. About 2 years ago, there was a 2 for the price of 1 sale on boosters. I invested in about 1,500 shovels and have been using them ever since. I still have about half of this number now. Looking back, I think this was a wise investment. I wonder if there will ever be a 2 for 1 sale again.

Lastly, I once had a few 100% complete cities. But then they changed the definition, and now you have to complete all the hh AND buy the hh resources. I first did this with Santa's Workshop, and recall that I about broke even with what I paid for hh resources and the rewards I got for 100% completion.

Then I went back to Sydney to finish all the hh and buy the resources to complete 100%. At the end, I was probably behind by several thousand gold coins. I also got a few useless resources in Sydney.

Question to the developers: What's the upside completing a city to 100%? Just to say that you did it? You would think that the rewards would exceed the cost, but it's just the opposite. I haven't spent any more time or gold coins trying to complete any city to 100%. In addition, I don't like to do this, because when you get a daily event in a city with no unplayed levels, there are no gold coins to earn. I usually skip the daily event for such situations, unless it's a gold rush day.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 28, 18 9:28 AM
I leave many levels in many cities open to replay for the second or third tier so that there are many options for the gold rush as well, or just to go back later if I want to build up my coin count. I think the reason to complete a city to 100% is just for the sense of accomplishment, when the game ends and there are no more new cities what is the upside to leaving with a half million in coins?

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Mar 1, 18 4:32 PM
I am not long on patience and would rather spend some coins to move on more quickly than play a level over and over ad nauseum. And as Lambina noted, what good are thousands and thousands of coins when you are done. To me the game is about fun not frustration, and my sense of accomplishment is not diminished if I need to spend coins. (Boy! We sure got off-track on the original topic.)

Go to: