Re:Getting the collar off the bird.

[Post New]by katwoman94 on Jul 5, 10 2:28 AM
Yep! Having same problem as everyone else here! I went back and made sure that I had clicked on the beast, etc. and no dice. I click on the bird and nothing happens. I agree with you all that restarting the game is unacceptable. I think we should have our money refunded if they cannot fix the problem WITHOUT our having to restart the game. It took me forever to get to this point, I certainly don't want to do it all again! I never use the walkthroughs and tips which takes a lot longer and I really enjoy these games, but I don't think I would enjoy starting over!

[Post New]by Maggie_Cat on Jul 8, 10 1:57 PM
My game crashed right after the beast emerged. Restarted the game and am at the point where the message is :Find a way to calm the beast. Clicking on the bird does nothing. Clicking on the "Beast Book" does nothing. Is there a glitch in the program>

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 8, 10 3:36 PM
If your game crashed right after the beast comes out, the fact that you now need the collar didn't make it to your save file. Starting a new profile is the only option Hopefully the next build available will stop this problem from happening.

[Post New]by oakleigh on Jul 9, 10 10:43 AM
I too am stuck at the collar and the bird! Oh geez, I don't want to start over, either! I have spent hours. I think Big Fish Games needs to refund us for this fiasco!

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jul 9, 10 11:11 AM
You should download the latest version of the game (July 8). It won't fix your corrupt save file, but it should ensure that you never have this problem happen again with new save files.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 11, 10 6:40 AM
I'm having the exact same problem - cannot get the collar from the bird!! So Frustrating!!!!! Have started another profile, but have lost interest in finishing it now. The new version doesn't correct this? Well, maybe someday I'll go back in and finish - quite enjoyed the game until that happened.

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 6:41:35 AM PST

S_Sorcha
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by S_Sorcha on Jul 13, 10 1:19 PM
I'm having the same problem! Sooo glad other people are! Installed update, rechecked everything...sigh...really don't want to start over just to get past a bird

[Post New]by Dotttoy3too on Jul 15, 10 11:24 PM
Guppy~~~~ I love this game!!!! but the damn bird of paradise has become my nemesis ARGHHHHHHHH! When the glitch is repaired, will BFG mail us an update? I did not even peek at the walk through till I got stuck here, the game is interesting and engaging without being majorly difficult.... thanks for your efforts.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 16, 10 5:40 PM
The build that was made available about a week ago SHOULD fix this issue. It does not fix games that already have this problem, but it should stop it happening again.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jul 17, 10 1:50 PM
It doesn't work for me either. I even went to the walk through and went back through the game, but the collar won't come off. Do I really have to start again as a different player as one person suggested? Sheesh! This one needs a patch!

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Jul 25, 10 12:15 PM
I downloaded and purchased the game on July 24, yesterday, and I have the same problem with no action after clicking on the bird in the Gnome's Hideout. I deleted the game and will re-download it. I hope it works this time.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 25, 10 3:19 PM
Had you already played the game and gotten this problem, then downloaded the update? Or did you start a new game after downloading on July 24th? Did your game close or crash after the beast appeared at the tower?

Go to: