sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and reviews for Be a King 2

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Jul 11, 10 4:09 PM
Great game, finished all levels and got all trophies, except for one.

[Post New]by incauno on Jul 12, 10 4:26 AM
How did you manage to get your people count up to finish the last games? I created all the town accommodations for 320 people ,had fortifications to protect the city completely ,oodles of resources (25,000+) of gold,timber and rock but my people count was -2. ?????

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Jul 12, 10 7:37 PM
In this level economy of space is premium. Means powerful economy and powerful defense.

Start by first repairing the farm and trader house, then build a barracks close to these two. Build atleast wizard towers such a way that there are enough building spaces that are protected. IN those places build two or 3 trader houses. Upgrade each of them to royal trader houses.

Then repair and sell all the broken town houses. You will have sufficient money to build 1 mage academy and 1 training grounds, upgrade them both to Royal levels. Your wizard towers are MUCH more stronger with Royal mage academy. With royal training grounds and royal trader houses you do not have to worry about gold.

By now you will have tons of money to buy wood and stone WHENEVER needed. All you have to do is build town houses and upgrade to Royal town houses.

Edited on 07/12/2010 at 7:39:21 PM PST

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 14, 10 11:19 AM
I usually love TMgames. This was not my cup of tea.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 14, 10 1:50 PM
I bought Be a King (original one) as today's DD and played about 20 levels of it. By that time, the cities I was building were frickin war zones, and if I built mage towers and barracks like double what the population called for, there were still enemies getting to the farms on the far side of the city and disrupting the food supply. I had to spend most of my resources on heroes and click on each enemy for the heroes to attack to stop that from happening. Exasperating, as far as I was concerned. I'm not into warfare in my games to any great extent.

Anyway, it was after that that I demo-ed this game. Already the wolves were a pain in the but*. So I think I'm passing on this one. Although maybe as a DD I'd give it a second look.

Or if I find out that the approach I used wasn't ever necessary...

Edited on 07/14/2010 at 1:51:27 PM PST

stup57
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by stup57 on Jul 19, 10 6:53 PM
I'm glad I gave this game another look. When it seems like the demo is too short that's when I know I've found a good game for me. Great challenges!

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Jul 31, 10 8:29 AM
Does anyone know how to stop the trolls in the village of Buquet from creating so much damage. I built the 3 required advanced Mage Towers, Two castles up to level 2, one wizard tower and there was little effect, the trolls just took over!! Oh yes, because of the damage rebuild, income was reduced to such a point that I couldn't buy anymore resources.
I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what!

[Post New]by PointedTip on Jul 31, 10 8:35 AM
Good game, but could have been great with a survival mode. Way too short.

[Post New]by paxnme on Aug 10, 10 8:37 PM
So far I've enjoyed the game but I'm stuck at the moment and can't get two royal barracks, a tavern? and two other buildings. The monsters beat me every time.
It's a most enjoyable game though and I'm glad I bought it.

[Post New]by paxnme on Aug 10, 10 8:44 PM
I'll correct my last post, Boy have I got CRAFT!!! lol. I've reached the village of Treacle and have to build 3 Trader Houses, 2 Royal Barracks and an Advanced Inn but like I said, the monsters demolish everything before I'm even half way through and of course I run out of money too.
Anyone got any tips here please?

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Aug 29, 10 10:14 AM
I have demoed a lot of these types of games but I have only ever bought Be a King and Be a King 2. They are challenging without being ridiculously hard. I've already replayed this game at least three times. Things that i have not liked in other TM games are the fact that you have to do step 1 here, build this building here and then kill this and if you don't do it in that order, then you can't pass the level (of course the game doesn't tell you what order to do it in, it is all trial and error). That is too frustrating for me. This game offers a lot more flexibility in that area. You know you have to build barracks and farms and houses, then generate income. The game offers different challenges in having to accumulate things like rock or wood or having so much income per week. Different monsters are killed off easier with different buildings. I really enjoyed this game and that says a lot because I usually do not ever play these types of games.

My only complaint is that it is too short.

[Post New]by summerleo on Jan 6, 11 11:20 AM
I really like this game, but am totally stuck on West Kingdom Blanavon. No matter what combination I try I am defeated before I can get going. Too many trolls and no resouces in the beginning do not allow a player to get on their feet before it's game over. No game should make it virtually impossible to succeed. You should reconsider the configeration of this opening.

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Serious gaming flaw in my opinion

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Jan 7, 11 4:20 PM
I really dislike that you do not have to have citizens to "man" the buildings. Unless the quest requests it, you can do the entire quest without building houses, food buildings, etc. I don't care for this.

[Post New]by Chlorinda13 on Apr 15, 11 11:18 AM
I've just finished the Demo and found the game rather tedious - Royal Envoy is much more fun! Somehow I found it slow for a time management game. I guess it's not the game for me.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 11:19:52 AM PST

Bylena
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Bylena on Jul 4, 11 7:41 PM
Tutorial was too long, game too short. I would have liked the ability to just play, once I passed all the scenarios.

Fun game, but I won't be buying the first one after this, the game was just too short. Finished it all in a matter of a couple hours.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jul 21, 11 9:19 AM
Way too short... Tutorial takes virtually the entire game sans last five levels. Only in the last five you have all the buildings available... Oh come on. This game would have been GODLY if it had third kingdom after West Kingdom or at least sandbox mode. I really liked the gameplay and would buy Be a King 3 on the spot if only it is either longer or has more replayability. :/ Five levels where you can max out your things is definitely not enough.

[Post New]by Slim09 on Jul 27, 11 12:32 PM
vervaine wrote:Way too short... Tutorial takes virtually the entire game sans last five levels. Only in the last five you have all the buildings available... Oh come on. This game would have been GODLY if it had third kingdom after West Kingdom or at least sandbox mode. I really liked the gameplay and would buy Be a King 3 on the spot if only it is either longer or has more replayability. :/ Five levels where you can max out your things is definitely not enough.

Totally agree, I was hoping the ruins at the end was sandbox mode, but alas twas not to be.

I enjoyed the graphics during the raids, though the monsters wouldn't face your Hero if you sent one out, still looked like attacking the building.

All in all very enjoyable, just to short

Would dearly love to see more of these and similar ones to Zellians and Westward series

Edited on 07/27/2011 at 12:34:32 PM PST

Mouchie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Mouchie on Nov 10, 11 12:46 PM
Hi, do you have any idea how to succeed in the Blanavon level please ?

Mouchie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Blanavon level

[Post New]by Mouchie on Nov 10, 11 12:47 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know how to pass the Blanavon level ? It's ridiculously difficult !

Thanks

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 10, 11 2:53 PM
Hi Mouchie,

There looks to be some great tips over in the following thread:

Stuck Blanavon Level

Good luck and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo